• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread is closed. Thanks again!!!

105 posts in this topic

Bill,

If you don't start playing nicely with your barrel, the mods are going to take it away from you. :devil:

:whistle:

Barrel bender-overer (WOW - that doesn't sound right. Is this the correct forum to be saying this?). :sick:

Bill,

If you don't start playing nicely with your barrel, the mods are going to take it away from you. :devil:

:whistle:

Barrel bender-overer (WOW - that doesn't sound right. Is this the correct forum to be saying this?). :sick:

TMI...What you guys do on your free time while frolicking neked together is your business... :o

They were both sent in those priority mail floppy envelope type bags. I'll send more using one of those small priority mail shipping boxes (thumbs u

So do you still want the GI Joe #21? :insane:

Brian

If not for someone bending me over a barrel for a Sandman 1, we'd be talking. But my pusher waived it in my face while laughing "You know you want it - look at the pretty Gaiman book." lol

That was a good get. That red sig is smokin'

That was a good get. That red sig is smokin'

Thanks Sean. I kid Bill, as he was super to work with on that sale.

Just having a little forum fun. Now if I can just get him to make me one of those Heath Ledger "Joker" sketches. That is way-cool!

1. GI Joe #21 Renegar Edition. CGC SS 9.8. Signed by Michael Turner and Ray Parks (Snake Eyes). $400.00.

gijoerenegar219-8.jpg

:takeit:

Does this issue in 9.8 grade garner such a high dollar amount, or is it due to the signatures?

1. GI Joe #21 Renegar Edition. CGC SS 9.8. Signed by Michael Turner and Ray Parks (Snake Eyes). $400.00.

Does this issue in 9.8 grade garner such a high dollar amount, or is it due to the signatures?

It's the signatures. Also, they only made about 2500 copies of this version (and about 500 of the Silver Foil variant). The Census has about 32 in CGC SS 9.8 grade, but I would guess that less than half have Michael Turner's signature on them. Three months after his passing (Turner), there were 18 total CGC SS 9.8's in the census (it's hard to get a rock solid number of Renegars that have Turner's sig on it). A majority of the newer CGC SS have been submitted recently for the Mike Zeck signings.

On a side note, do witnesses send in the old CGC SS cert back to CGC to "void" that serial number and replace it with a new one if the comic gets new sigs on it?

Brian

It's the signatures. Also, they only made about 2500 copies of this version (and about 500 of the Silver Foil variant). The Census has about 32 in CGC SS 9.8 grade, but I would guess that less than half have Michael Turner's signature on them. Three months after his passing (Turner), there were 18 total CGC SS 9.8's in the census (it's hard to get a rock solid number of Renegars that have Turner's sig on it). A majority of the newer CGC SS have been submitted recently for the Mike Zeck signings.

On a side note, do witnesses send in the old CGC SS cert back to CGC to "void" that serial number and replace it with a new one if the comic gets new sigs on it?

Brian

I concur with Brian, about 25 of the 32 9.8 SS that are in the Census have passed through my hands and only 3 of those 20 have had Turner on it.

The turner sig is the key.

9. Fathom v2 #1 WW Philly VIP Edition (Limited to 1000). CGC SS 9.8. Signed AND Sketched by Michael Turner. $300.00.

fathomv21w-sketch9-8.jpg

hm:frustrated::(

Who can? Every time Brian posts one of these threads it's torture! :frustrated:

Tell me how often someone is so kind and caring to deal with on the board like Brian?

He's a rare fellow when there is someone that is quick to respond to buyer PMs, includes freebies when he can in an order, and truly appreciates people participating in his sales threads with a nice word every time.

That's someone I want to buy from repeatedly.