• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Showcase New England

121 posts in this topic

Good evening, everyone.

Before I ask my question, my intention here is NOT to bash Showcase New England as I have purchased comic books from them before with no problems whatsoever.

They currently have two CGC comic books up for sale on eBay that I want to buy.

When I click on the BIN for both auctions, there are buyer restrictions on the auctions which will not allow me to buy them basically because they don't have Canada listed as a country they will sell to. I'm from Canada. But their description shows shipping charges to Canada

I have sent messages to them on more than one occasion to ask if they can revise their auctions to include Canada.

I have had no response from them nor have the auctions been altered so that I can buy them. We're going on about 2-3 weeks now since my first message to them.

My question is....does anyone know if Showcase New England changed their policy and will now no longer ship to Canada?

Did something happen to the guy running the Showcase New England auctions on eBay therefore I'm not getting any response?

Maybe they don't want to sell to me for some reason but if this were the case, I'd assume they'd tell me why?

Again, I've never had problems with them in the past so any info would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.

I ran into the same problem with a few books I wanted. SNE told me that they will no longer sell to Canadians via eBay. They will, however, deal with us directly through their website. I couldn't make much sense of that...

I think they have a phone number listed. If not check google, as I am pretty sure they have a store front.

They never answer questions. Which is bad for them as I would have bought about 30 slabs off them by now.

No, they don't have a storefront as I live shooting distance from them and wanted to buy an ASM 1 from them, but they wouldn't let me come and pick it up. meh

I think they have a phone number listed. If not check google, as I am pretty sure they have a store front.

They never answer questions. Which is bad for them as I would have bought about 30 slabs off them by now.

No, they don't have a storefront as I live shooting distance from them and wanted to buy an ASM 1 from them, but they wouldn't let me come and pick it up. meh

I always assumed they had a storefront. I guess its just mail order then. I remember a while back they ran seven or ten day auctions. Now everything is through the e-bay store. They seem to have alot of stuff but most of it is a little pricey. And like Resurrection said, they wont answer questions, and thats never good business no matter how huge you get.

DRX

I always assumed they had a storefront. I guess its just mail order then. I remember a while back they ran seven or ten day auctions. Now everything is through the e-bay store. They seem to have alot of stuff but 1. most of it is a little pricey. And like Resurrection said, 2. they wont answer questions, and 3. thats never good business no matter how huge you get.

DRX

1. That is correct

2. That is also correct

3. Yet again, that is correct

Dan wouldn't let you come pick up an ASM #1???? That's kinda weird.

Showcase used to have a number of stores, but it is online only now.

Ok thanks, I'll try that

Dude, that is a horrible Avatar :baiting: - no more questions or help until you do something with that thing. Put the Habs away...its all over my friend... :roflmao:

lol

You'd think a Boston retailer would sell him a pity slab.

Ok thanks, I'll try that

Dude, that is a horrible Avatar :baiting: - no more questions or help until you do something with that thing. Put the Habs away...its all over my friend... :roflmao:

lol

You'd think a Boston retailer would sell him a pity slab.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like a LEAFS fan by saying "maybe next year".

I'll toss the Bat-Signal in there as my avatar again, less embarrassing.

The most embarrassing thing to me about being a HABS fan is watching the Montreal crowd boo the US anthem...never mind how bad the team got.

We went to Montreal on March 21st to watch a game, it was THE WORST game the HABS played all year...and it was against the ghastly LEAFS.

Dan wouldn't let you come pick up an ASM #1???? That's kinda weird.

Showcase used to have a number of stores, but it is online only now.

Yeah, I was a little surprised too as Northford, CT is a hop, skip, and a jump away, and ASM 1 isn't exactly a cheap (low grade or not). But, I found my copy :cloud9: so no complaints in the long run!

I've bought directly from them before - bypassing eBay. Never any trouble though I realize others here have different opinions. If you want some books, just call their phone number. Dan was easy enough to deal with then.

I encountered the same problem with his Canada policy. SNE put up some stuff via BIN and BEST Offer that I was interested in on Ebay but was denied. The email I sent took awhile to get a response but eventually was informed the same - no ebay sales to Canada but send a list of what you want and SNE will put it aside.

Unfortunately most of the ones I wanted were scooped up as they were BINs so creating a list was ludicrous. Best Offers are impossible to do via email as someone else got in before me. Very frustrating to say the least as I wanted to pick up over 25 CGC 9.8s in one shot (buying in bulk is my prefered method in order to reduce shipping costs).

We stopped selling to Canada a couple of years ago. Canada is the only country on the planet that we will not deal with through Ebay and Paypal.

Here are the reasons....like them or not.

Over the years, More than 50% of all of our complaints came from Canadian Citizens. As a country, they outnumbered all of the complaints and issues we had to deal with vs. a vs. the rest of the world combined.

It seemed that every month we had to deal with some dispute over shipping, or with Paypal, or costs, or border problems....you name it, we had to deal with it. It seemed like as soon as we got one problem resolved....another one cropped up. And almost always with Canada.

Frankly, it became clear to us that the solution was not to sell to Canada via Ebay, or accept Paypal.

We will sell to Canadian Citizens, but only directly and if payment is made by check. Usually when I tell them we ship UPS only, which is costly, and creates frequent customs and border issues, interest in buying from us is quickly lost. If there is something you really want, we will take it down onyour say and wait for your check. Not as hassle free as BIN and paying by Paypal...but not that big a deal.

Part of the problem is that many Canadians objected to the high cost we charged for shipping via UPS, or sending packages registered through the Post Office. Many don't understand that shipping to Canada is expensive if you want to comply with Paypal guidelines, or, they did understand and just didn't care because they were protected (even though we weren't).

In my opinion, many Canadians, especially new buyers, want the lowest shipping cost available without regard to the method of shipping. Since they are protected by Paypal when paying by Paypal, many seemed not to care about the consequences to us if the packages were lost, slow or damaged in transit. Many of the Canadians we dealt with didn't hesitate to take action against us when problems occurred because of the inferior shipping method they selected (mainly Postal Service, flat rate, no verification....which does not comply with Paypal guidelines for seller protection).

Since many Canadian Citizens didn't want to be held accountable for their selections, and because this in turn lead to losses that were unacceptable to us, we made a decision not to sell to Canada through Ebay any longer. Also, we just don't have the manpower to deal with the same issue week after week. Finally, we just got tired of the endless questions about the same issues over and over again.

Our experiences with most Canadians have been positive. Unfortunately, those that we did have problems with just made dealing with Canada as a whole untenable.

We answer all of our email...it may take a day or so, but it all gets answered without exception. We keep a history of email, so if someone believes their email has gone unanswered, why don't you forward it to me and I'll forward the original reponse to it.

Dan Greenhalgh

Unfortunately, those that we did have problems with just made dealing with Canada as a whole untenable.

I have bought from SNE in the past.

I will buy from SNE in the future.

but that, out of context, is pretty damned funny.

We stopped selling to Canada a couple of years ago. Canada is the only country on the planet that we will not deal with through Ebay and Paypal.

Here are the reasons....like them or not.

Over the years, More than 50% of all of our complaints came from Canadian Citizens. As a country, they outnumbered all of the complaints and issues we had to deal with vs. a vs. the rest of the world combined.

It seemed that every month we had to deal with some dispute over shipping, or with Paypal, or costs, or border problems....you name it, we had to deal with it. It seemed like as soon as we got one problem resolved....another one cropped up. And almost always with Canada.

Frankly, it became clear to us that the solution was not to sell to Canada via Ebay, or accept Paypal.

We will sell to Canadian Citizens, but only directly and if payment is made by check. Usually when I tell them we ship UPS only, which is costly, and creates frequent customs and border issues, interest in buying from us is quickly lost. If there is something you really want, we will take it down onyour say and wait for your check. Not as hassle free as BIN and paying by Paypal...but not that big a deal.

Part of the problem is that many Canadians objected to the high cost we charged for shipping via UPS, or sending packages registered through the Post Office. Many don't understand that shipping to Canada is expensive if you want to comply with Paypal guidelines, or, they did understand and just didn't care because they were protected (even though we weren't).

In my opinion, many Canadians, especially new buyers, want the lowest shipping cost available withpout regard to the method of shipping. Since they are protected by Paypal when paying by Paypal, many seemed not to care about the consequences to us if the packages were lost, slow or damaged in transit. Many of the Canadians we dealt with didn't hesitate to take action against us when problems occurred because of the inferior shipping method they selected (mainly Postal Service, flat rate, no verification....which does not comply with Paypal guidelines for seller protection).

Since many Canadian Citizens didn't want to be held accountable for their selections, and because this in turn lead to losses that were unacceptable to us, we made a decision not to sell to Canada through Ebay any longer. Also, we just don't have the manpower to deal with the same issue week after week. Finally, we just got tired of the endless questions about the same issues over and over again.

Our experiences with most Canadians have been positive. Unfortunately, those that we did have problems with just made dealing with Canada as a whole untenable.

We answer all of our email...it may take a day or so, but it all gets answered without exception. We keep a history of email, so if someone believes their email has gone unanswered, why don't you forward it to me and I'll forward the original reponse to it.

Dan Greenhalgh

Are you serious when you say, in your second to last paragraph, "Our experience with most Canadians have been postive.".........?.........:confused: