• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Showcase New England

121 posts in this topic

Then he should have left it at that instead of writing an 800 word essay on "Canadian Citizens" and why they are inferior customers.

I believe he blamed it mostly on your Customs department, not the citizens. Is Canadian Customs not the problem Dan thinks it is? (shrug)

exactly. you canucks should be mad at them for taxing you. i always check the custom form as a gift, with a value of $25, to help out you canucks on being taxed when ever i ship to canada.

It's hard to get mad about getting taxed for books when I'm not entitled to buy those books in the first place.

He said you can mail a check.

(shrug)

Wait a sec, you don't collect comics any more any ho0!

:makepoint:

Is there any specific reason why you feel the need to undermine my argument, despite the fact that we live in the same city?

Then he should have left it at that instead of writing an 800 word essay on "Canadian Citizens" and why they are inferior customers.

I believe he blamed it mostly on your Customs department, not the citizens. Is Canadian Customs not the problem Dan thinks it is? (shrug)

exactly. you canucks should be mad at them for taxing you. i always check the custom form as a gift, with a value of $25, to help out you canucks on being taxed when ever i ship to canada.

It's hard to get mad about getting taxed for books when I'm not entitled to buy those books in the first place.

(shrug)

Is there any specific reason why you feel the need to undermine my argument, despite the fact that we live in the same city?

Sorry. Thought you were talking about blonds and 8 balls again.

doh!

I think its time I get myself a US mailing address

that.

I've got a number of friends in the U.S who are more than willing to take deliveries for me, including a few board members, but that's not the point. If they don't want my business, they won't get it.

It can be. We get charged almost 10% of declared/insured value, books can get tied up in customs (I had one in customs for almost 3 weeks) and generally UPS service (not USPS) service licks monkey balls, so I refuse to use them.

I can understand Dan's frustration as many buyers are not patient to wait out customs if a packag gets pulled for inspection and are not willing to pay customs fees on purchases. And did I mention that I refuse to use UPS?

I hear time and time again complaints about shipping to Canada and the only thing I can say is that you are eliminating approx 10% of your customer base if you choose not to sell north of the border.

In any case there are always ways deal with problems and Dan has taken steps to do so. The fact that he will deal privately (no paypal) and give an option to USPS is a solution. Not much he can do about customs fees.

R.

I believe that Dan's message is (if I might be so bold and interpret his post)

He has no problems shipping Canadian citizen's as long as they come to pick up the books and pay in cash? (shrug)

Ah....no pick ups.

Even at Tim Horton's? :gossip:

(shrug)

doh!

Yet another attempt to undermine my argument. Keep it coming.

I know a guy that knows a guy that lives on the other side of the border and gets his stuff sent to his friends place. but now I'll have to drive an hour, get hassled by power tripping customs geeks, wait in line ups, put more overpriced gas into my truck.etc etc Yeah I'll stick to my home address.

(shrug)

doh!

Yet another attempt to undermine my argument. Keep it coming.

Your argument is valid. I strongly dis-agree with people who won't ship to Canada.

It seems that Dan is trying to work with people though. He offers some options that protect him and still allow people to buy.

Isn't that a positive step?

It can be. We get charged almost 10% of declared/insured value, books can get tied up in customs (I had one in customs for almost 3 weeks) and generally UPS service (not USPS) service licks monkey balls, so I refuse to use them.

I can understand Dan's frustration as many buyers are not patient to wait out customs if a packag gets pulled for inspection and are not willing to pay customs fees on purchases. And did I mention that I refuse to use UPS?

I hear time and time again complaints about shipping to Canada and the only thing I can say is that you are eliminating approx 10% of your customer base if you choose not to sell north of the border.

In any case there are always ways deal with problems and Dan has taken steps to do so. The fact that he will deal privately (no paypal) and give an option to USPS is a solution. Not much he can do about customs fees.

R.

I believe that Dan's message is (if I might be so bold and interpret his post)

He has no problems shipping Canadian citizen's as long as they come to pick up the books and pay in cash? (shrug)

Ah....no pick ups.

Even at Tim Horton's? :gossip:

Sure, a double double but no reading material.

Dan has a right to exclude bidders from our country but his average auction price should reflect a smaller customer pool. This problem may have gotten worse after Ebay took away the seller's ability to neg. buyers.

Dan has a right to exclude bidders from our country but his average auction price should reflect a smaller customer pool. This problem may have gotten worse after Ebay took away the seller's ability to neg. buyers.

I don't think his average auction price has anything to worry about... ;)

Maybe, but his post was pathetic.

"Canadians citizens won't", "Canadians citizens don't understand", "Canadians citizens never", etc...

I had a bad experience with Showcase year ago, so I guess that means Showcase New England always sells restored books, Showcase New England never grades accurately, and Showcase New England doesn't understand the meaning of customer service.

If anything, it makes more sense to generalize about a single business, than it does an entire country.

Fair enough.

I get tired of the Canadian Stereotypes too but didn't pick up on it this time around (rushing and multitasking)

R.

Hey Dan, no hard feelings just don't ever come to Canada or try to buy something from a Canadian ever.

Yep, gotta do without maple syrup and beavers.

Screw that, I'm not going without beavers....

Oregon.The beaver state.I kid you not.

Hey Dan, no hard feelings just don't ever come to Canada or try to buy something from a Canadian ever.

Darn, I guess he can get domestic beavers.

I actually prefer imported beavers, personally. They're tangier.

Fair enough.

I get tired of the Canadian Stereotypes too but didn't pick up on it this time around (rushing and multitasking)

R.

sorry_CA01.jpg

Now you know how much you missed by not showing up at the Oregon board member meeting :baiting:

Now you know how much you missed by not showing up at the Oregon board member meeting :baiting:

Wish I had. Looked like fun.

didn't SNE say that he'll sell to canada just not via eBay and PP? (shrug) SNE accepts checks from canada, am i the only one here that can read that? :insane:

sounds about right... :whistle:

He also said he would end a BIN listing if someone wanted a book.

The problem with eBay now is that paypal is a mandatory option if I remember correctly so that limits seller's options.

I suppose sending a want list is another possibility.

hm

R.