• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: SS Books from NYCC

119 posts in this topic

Just called to ask about the books, and they are being encapsulated. Got the grades, and dont even effin' care if I get the books back now. Minus 1

Bats 232 7.5 Neal Adams. I figured 8.0 on its best day. But im still ok with that.

Detective 403 8.0... Board purchased as a 9.0, I agreed. I guess something was missed by both parties. Waste of $75.00

Incredible Hulk 180 6.5 :mad: Board purchased as an 8.0, I figured it was close. I have a feeling I know why this got hammered. But I am still $145.00 in the hole on this lovely POS !

Really let down here, and wanted to vent. I really have to stop buying books that I am on the fence with the grades. I dont even give a :censored: about the books now.

:eek: Ouch.

I was sweating bullets as I sent in a couple of books for a forumite for sig series. He wanted me to pull out two 9.8s and thankfully they both came back SS 9.8s for him :foryou:

Sorry about the books. Are the Hulk 180 and Tec 403 SS as well? While the 403 isn't worth what you paid its still a respectable grade .

Not going in my collection. 403 is fodder.

Hulk 180 I dont even know. I can probably recoup half the money on those books at best.

Just called to ask about the books, and they are being encapsulated. Got the grades, and dont even effin' care if I get the books back now. Minus 1

Bats 232 7.5 Neal Adams. I figured 8.0 on its best day. But im still ok with that.

Detective 403 8.0... Board purchased as a 9.0, I agreed. I guess something was missed by both parties. Waste of $75.00

Incredible Hulk 180 6.5 :mad: Board purchased as an 8.0, I figured it was close. I have a feeling I know why this got hammered. But I am still $145.00 in the hole on this lovely POS !

Really let down here, and wanted to vent. I really have to stop buying books that I am on the fence with the grades. I dont even give a :censored: about the books now.

I keep books like that as reminders. Happens to all of us from time to time Pat. Just stinks you had to wait this long to find out.

I keep books like that as reminders. Happens to all of us from time to time Pat. Just stinks you had to wait this long to find out.

The 403 I am lost on. The Hulk 180 I have a feeling about 1 flaw. But I am wondering if it will come back with a new one.. The mylar got cracked on the top at some point in time, im wondering if it snagged when it was graded. Either way, still my fault.

Learn to grade :baiting:
Dont make me get a strike.. I just never looked at them enough I guess. I just give a quick glance, I generally dont worry with books I buy here.

Mistake #1.

:eek: Ouch.

I was sweating bullets as I sent in a couple of books for a forumite for sig series. He wanted me to pull out two 9.8s and thankfully they both came back SS 9.8s for him :foryou:

The Defenders you sent me is at CGC or en route as we speak. I have absolutely no concerns with any books I buy from you sir :foryou:

The 403 I am lost on. The Hulk 180 I have a feeling about 1 flaw. But I am wondering if it will come back with a new one.. The mylar got cracked on the top at some point in time, im wondering if it snagged when it was graded. Either way, still my fault.

What do you think the flaw was on the Hulk 180?

Dont make me get a strike.. I just never looked at them enough I guess. I just give a quick glance, I generally dont worry with books I buy here.

Mistake #1.

Just be sticking to a handful of buyers from now on.

Start worrying ;)

Sorry you got hosed :foryou: