• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: SS Books from NYCC

119 posts in this topic

Learn to grade :baiting:
Dont make me get a strike.. I just never looked at them enough I guess. I just give a quick glance, I generally dont worry with books I buy here.

Mistake #1.

Just be sticking to a handful of buyers from now on.

That sucks. Must be very frustrating.

How do you know that it wasn't tossed about or used as a coaster when it was signed? I've seen some books get "mishandled" (by our standards of how to handle a book) by these guys. Sending books to get signed is a risky business if the books being sent are higher grade.

Dont make me get a strike.. I just never looked at them enough I guess. I just give a quick glance, I generally dont worry with books I buy here.

Mistake #1.

How do you know that it wasn't tossed about or used as a coaster when it was signed? I've seen some books get "mishandled" (by our standards of how to handle a book) by these guys. Sending books to get signed is a risky business if the books being sent are higher grade.

I had the book signed myself (hul 180). The Tec, I dont even know who brought it to Adams. I couldnt get a witness to take me over.

Mistake #1.

..or the book did not get damaged during shipping. It's happened to me.

I sent in a stack of about 20 books once and when I called in for the grades I was shocked. Turns out they all had a ding on the same side that was not there pre shipping.

Oh, okay. I just know that the older artists aren't always as careful as we'd like them to be.

Well, maybe just some bad luck.

I dont know who handed the books to adams, so I have no idea at that point. I will inspect when they get back, see if there are any new defects.

Pat,

You shouldn't beat yourself up about the grades. All of us have gotten turds. I generally have at least one turd in every 15+ book submission. Look at Tupenny's thread (no offense TC) those books look absolutely gorgeous but have *gasp* "interior staining."

Plus, 15 cent DCs get HAMMERED by CGC. :cry:

--Sean.

The Hulk 180 is the biggest let down, as I thought I only had to buy a 181 as I just bought a 182 9.2. The 403 is a let down only because I was starting a SS project for my detective run. But anything in this era has to be 9.0 minimum. I will just pick one up from ebay slabbed. They are like shlyt, they are all over.

I got mine back after a long wait and was a little disappointed.

Iron Man/Sub mariner 7.5 thought 8.0 gene colan ( happy here )

ff 51 5.0 (my bad) stan lee

asm 42 6.0 restored Yikes. I knew that it had a chip off on the top but I did not see any trimming. bought at a loc long time ago. romita

all in all i needed to be more careful but this was the first time i had books for the SS

WEBHEAD

Sorry to hear that my friend because I know you waited a long time for these books.

Since I was a the show you should hadme double check the books for ya. (shrug)

OT: As for your other question that I did not get to call you back on I believe you are fine. When those books go to CGC 9.8 I have NEVER been charged more, so some good news for ya. (thumbs u

John. I still havent received them. They told me the grades over the phone.

On an upside the seller of the Tec did offer some type of refund. But I said it was not necessary. But the gesture is nice. Then he said I will get some kind of refund :sumo:, and took that as a threat. lol

Pat,

You shouldn't beat yourself up about the grades. All of us have gotten turds. I generally have at least one turd in every 15+ book submission. Look at Tupenny's thread (no offense TC) those books look absolutely gorgeous but have *gasp* "interior staining."

--Sean.

Same here. I have had come back too. Money lo$ers.