• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2.5 Action# 1 just listed on Metro website.

134 posts in this topic

I think you're missing the point in terms of relevant comparison.

Saying a book from 1939 is scarce, and using a book from 1962 as support really sells the 1939 book short. If that's how you want to approach the argument, then by all means go ahead, but there are far greater supports for scarcity than bringing AF 15 into the discussion. I think everyone with a basic understanding of supply and demand will tell you that AF 15 is trading hands at prices that spit in the face of economic reason.

That said, with every "OO" Action 1 that comes to market with a story similar to the last two (bought at a second hand bookstore, or something like that) you have to simply ignore common sense to wonder how many more stories like that are out there with those books sitting as potential ticking time bombs for the Action 1 price-point, considering that some, not all, of the Action 1s sold in the last decade sold on the strength of it being maybe the only shot the purchaser believed would exist at ownership of the book.

Now, I'm of the mindset that the long standing assumption that there are 100-150 copies of this book to be a tad bit understated. I really would believe, especially in light of the past 4 months, that there are potentially twice as many copies. That doesn't make the book common, that doesn't make the book plentiful, but it has to have some impact in the coming years if there's a continual march to market for these copies.

Do you really think that there are really 300 COMPLETE copies of Action 1 out there? I certainly dont. Plenty of coverless and pages missing copies in that number if its true. I have seen enough parts only for sale ala the recent Metro cover part and the slabbing of pages. 70 years can make finding a book complete a challenge too.

I think 300 is the absolute ceiling.

I think that we're talking in the neighborhood of 150-250 copies in collectible shape (as in, completely restorable if necessary) and I think there are skeletons and "marriable" parts out there to get up to the 300 copy ceiling.

Saying a book from 1939 is scarce, and using a book from 1962 as support really sells the 1939 book short. If that's how you want to approach the argument, then by all means go ahead, but there are far greater supports for scarcity than bringing AF 15 into the discussion. I think everyone with a basic understanding of supply and demand will tell you that AF 15 is trading hands at prices that spit in the face of economic reason.

That said, with every "OO" Action 1 that comes to market with a story similar to the last two (bought at a second hand bookstore, or something like that) you have to simply ignore common sense to wonder how many more stories like that are out there with those books sitting as potential ticking time bombs for the Action 1 price-point, considering that some, not all, of the Action 1s sold in the last decade sold on the strength of it being maybe the only shot the purchaser believed would exist at ownership of the book.

Now, I'm of the mindset that the long standing assumption that there are 100-150 copies of this book to be a tad bit understated. I really would believe, especially in light of the past 4 months, that there are potentially twice as many copies. That doesn't make the book common, that doesn't make the book plentiful, but it has to have some impact in the coming years if there's a continual march to market for these copies.

1938 :gossip:

Do you really think that there are really 300 COMPLETE copies of Action 1 out there? I certainly dont. Plenty of coverless and pages missing copies in that number if its true. I have seen enough parts only for sale ala the recent Metro cover part and the slabbing of pages. 70 years can make finding a book complete a challenge too.

I think 300 is the absolute ceiling.

I think that we're talking in the neighborhood of 150-250 copies in collectible shape (as in, completely restorable if necessary) and I think there are skeletons and "marriable" parts out there to get up to the 300 copy ceiling.

I think your a little high but not out of wack.

How many copies are left(in your best estimate).Its it truly scarce or people are holding and not willing to sell at any price?

Have you ever been to a San Diego Convention and visited Metros booth?

They will have more AF15s on there wall[or in there inventory ]] than all the Action 1s sold publically in the last 50 years. Im not exaggerating. I mean it.

No one I know has ever said that book was scarce,rare or even hard to find.I had 2 copies at the same time years ago.

I was asking for your opinion on the Action 1,as you would be much more the expert than I.

The examples I would used as far as the book being almost untouchable is your copy and the MH.

How many copies are left(in your best estimate).Its it truly scarce or people are holding and not willing to sell at any price?

They will have more AF15s on there wall[or in there inventory ]] than all the Action 1s sold publically in the last 50 years. Im not exaggerating. I mean it.

No one I know has ever said that book was scarce,rare or even hard to find.I had 2 copies at the same time years ago.

I was asking for your opinion on the Action 1,as you would be much more the expert than I.

The examples I would used as far as the book being almost untouchable is your copy and the MH.

sorry , if confused.

most AF15's I have seen in metro's booth in the last few years was a dozen or less...there have been 27+ copies of action 1 sold (and likely resold) publicly in the past few (7 or so I have researched) years, and my guess is 100 more than that before then (over the past 50 years)...

not a good comparison, but I know where Peter is coming from... at most conventions, you can find 20+ AF15's in a dealer room (maybe not just at metros booth)

most AF15's I have seen in metro's booth in the last few years was a dozen or less...there have been 27+ copies of action 1 sold (and likely resold) publicly in the past few (7 or so I have researched) years, and my guess is 100 more than that before then (over the past 50 years)...

not a good comparison, but I know where Peter is coming from... at most conventions, you can find 20+ AF15's in a dealer room (maybe not just at metros booth)

Hey Rick.

Well with the exaggerations aside,my point is the book is scarce in any grade restored or not and thats no exaggeration.

Hey Rick.

Well with the exaggerations aside,my point is the book is scarce in any grade restored or not and thats no exaggeration.

oh, I agree...it is scarce...I don't think any collector that has followed the market can argue that...even 30 copies over a 7 year period is only 1 copy every 3 months... that would confirm it "scarcity" to me

sorry , if confused.

I just appreciate you sharing (thumbs u

Hey Rick.

oh, I agree...it is scarce...I don't think any collector that has followed the market can argue that...even 30 copies over a 7 year period is only 1 copy every 3 months... that would confirm it "scarcity" to me

of those 30 copies,how many were multiple sales of the same copy?

AF 15 to Action 1 is a silly comparison.

WHY? It illustrates that Action 1 is scarce.

What is silly is implying that a book is not scarce because a spurt of them have come out in a short period of time.

Hit me with how many copies have publically sold over the last 10 years.

There are more AF 15s at Metros booth at San diego in 2008 than Action 1s sold in the last 50 years.

Whats the argument, the book is scarce as hell.

I don't think so. I'll bet there are more Action 1 copies out there waiting to be unearthed than any others of the top 10 keys.

Hey Rick.

of those 30 copies,how many were multiple sales of the same copy?

none, that is why I said 27+...there are a few I have recollection of, but dont have supporting documentation of

I consider a book to be scarce that doesn't sit on any dealers site for any period of time... in other words, you can find 100 copies of AF15 in the market for sale on any given month...that AIN'T scarce (high grade, is, sure)...so, I don't think anyone can compare AF15 to action 1 in terms of scarcity ,or even supply/demand...

there is clearly more supply than demand of af 15 or copies wouldn't sit on folks sites...

there is clearly more demand than supply of action 1, or you could find at least 1 copy for sale on someones site (I can't recall outside of metro's restored 8.5 last year+, and Clinks' 2.0 blue, any copy sitting on a site for any period of time)