• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

You bought a slabbed book while you are unemployed?

Exactly my thought as well.

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

It's a fair question considering he posted it on a public forum.

If nothing else....you'll know never to buy a slab without a pic again. ^^

That, and not to trust someone on a message board, no matter what.

:blush:

-slym

I'm a little hurt by that statement--------I'm over it now :jokealert:

If nothing else....you'll know never to buy a slab without a pic again. ^^

That, and not to trust someone on a message board, no matter what.

:blush:

-slym

I understand your sentiment, but that's a broad stroke. There are some A-1 people here that I would even trust with my kids.

Thank you !

The point was he was whining about the return shipping because he didn't have a job.

Incorrect! I am going on the matter of principal, and I used the jobless angle because, as I stated, times are tight for everyone. And, I also stated that I didn't pay for the book, someone else got it for me for an early birthday present. So, I didn't "buy" anything while unemployed - I am not that stupid, regardless of what you may have heard.

-slym

Oh heck...im just causing trouble.

edited to keep the peace.

*giggle*

Crack the book out of its CGG holder.

Get it pressed.

Send it to CGC.

Sell it and make 23X the shipping cost in profit..

Go to strip club.

Learn to solve problems without whining on forums.

:foryou:

Why is it when people ask for others opinions, someone (or in this case, someones) invariably whines about how the original person is whining?

:D

-slym (knows that pressing won't help this particular book, unlike some people, who cannot know because they haven't even seen the book)

Why is it when people ask for others opinions, someone (or in this case, someones) invariably whines about how the original person is whining?

Why is it when people whine, then get called out for whining, they inevitably try to save face by deflecting said behavior onto their detractors?

Also, why can't people recognize innocent ball busting without getting slightly defensive?

In addition, why did you ignore portion of my advice which involved strippers? That's the most helpful piece of advice you've received in this whiny thread.

- CaptainOfIndustry (because for some reason I'm assuming you can't read my user ID)

Why is it when people whine, then get called out for whining, they inevitably try to save face by deflecting said behavior onto their detractors?

Also, why can't people recognize innocent ball busting without getting slightly defensive?

In addition, why did you ignore portion of my advice which involved strippers? That's the most helpful piece of advice you've received in this whiny thread.

- CaptainOfIndustry (because for some reason I'm assuming you can't read my user ID)

You had me at strippers. (shrug)

Can dish it out, but can't take it...

COI, did you see my little " :D " face? Means I'm joking, busting balls right back!

(thumbs u

-slym (has always signed his posts this way, LONG before he ever knew about a CGC message board)

Yeah , Slym , ..I'm surprised you fell into that . (shrug)

I get my balls busted all the time . It's best to just let them be busted. :whistle:

Keep the book & resub to CGC.

:applause:

Please post a scan first before we can fully judge.

People have gotten higher grades from CGC..

In the old days when PGX was CGG, especially in the first year, they graded real tight to try to prove themselves.

Keep the book & resub to CGC.

:applause:

Please post a scan first before we can fully judge.

People have gotten higher grades from CGC..

In the old days when PGX was CGG, especially in the first year, they graded real tight to try to prove themselves.

It probably won't happen - hopefully, the book will go back to the seller and I'll get my money. Besides, I think the grade is lower than what CGG gave it... but hopefully it will all be moot.

;)

-slym

for a guy with a join date of this year, you sure have figured out the undertone of the board.

(thumbs u

for a guy with a join date of this year, you sure have figured out the undertone of the board.

(thumbs u

Oh, that was all in good fun.

;)

-slym

(thumbs u

Oh, that was all in good fun.

;)

-slym

this kid's going places.