• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

I will try and make this short and sweet - I was able to wrangle someone into buying me a book advertised on another board, a CGC book by the thread's author. I received the book, and it turns out it is a CGG book instead. Now, had I known it was not a real CGC book, I would never have bothered with the book, and wrote the seller telling them so. I also stated that I would return the book if I could get a full refund including my original shipping PLUS what it will take to send it back to the seller, as it was in no way my fault and the item was mis-represented. The seller tells me that they will refund my original money, but due to "times being tight," they will not pay for the return shipping.

TIMES ARE TIGHT ALL AROUND, AND I DO NOT HAVE A JOB. I can give the person who bought me the book their money back with a refund, but does anyone think I should have to lose money (return shipping costs) because of the seller's negligence, whether it was intentional or not???

Your opinions, please.

-slym

That sucks to hear man...I don't think it's standard to be refunded for shipping (though it is nice when it happens).

As Arex said, get your money back and be done with it.

If it will be worth more than what you paid plus resubmitting it then keep it. Either way you wont buy from him again so he must not be interested in repeat business. I would not be happy as a seller paying the shipping but I want repeat business so I would without question hard times or not.

You bought a slabbed book while you are unemployed?

Exactly my thought as well.

See above post. I made it out to be an "early birthday present" - and I am glad I opened the box to make sure it was OK, otherwise I would not have known for a few more months.

-slym

I will try and make this short and sweet - I was able to wrangle someone into buying me a book advertised on another board, a CGC book by the thread's author. I received the book, and it turns out it is a CGG book instead. Now, had I known it was not a real CGC book, I would never have bothered with the book, and wrote the seller telling them so. I also stated that I would return the book if I could get a full refund including my original shipping PLUS what it will take to send it back to the seller, as it was in no way my fault and the item was mis-represented. The seller tells me that they will refund my original money, but due to "times being tight," they will not pay for the return shipping.

TIMES ARE TIGHT ALL AROUND, AND I DO NOT HAVE A JOB. I can give the person who bought me the book their money back with a refund, but does anyone think I should have to lose money (return shipping costs) because of the seller's negligence, whether it was intentional or not???

Your opinions, please.

-slym

Of course not. The item was materially misrepresented, whether the seller meant to do it or not. You should be out nothing. Just make sure you print a copy of the original sales thread showing CGC.

Send me a PM with the particulars....

If they mis advertised the book and listed it as CGC when it was clearly not , then it is their fault and they should make it right at their expense.

And for the sake of entertainment..

What board was it?

What seller was it?

:popcorn:

Of course not. The item was materially misrepresented, whether the seller meant to do it or not. You should be out nothing. Just make sure you print a copy of the original sales thread showing CGC.

This is the way the board is supposed to work members helping members :golfclap:

Your opinions, please.

I just made a screen-capture of the original sales thread. Thanks!

This was on the VF.com board, and I started a poll over there about this. If the seller wants to ever be able to sell anything there again, hopefully he'll man up.

-slym

For the record, in US small claims, the standard, should the plaintiff sufficiently prove his case, is to make him whole. To put him back in his original position before the transaction, neither better than nor worse than before.

That includes return shipping and all other costs associated with the case.

This is the way the board is supposed to work members helping members :golfclap:

Well...I have a certain softspot in my heart for the ol' slymster...;)