• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Wolverine movie inappropriate for an 11-year old?

27 posts in this topic

For those who have seen Wolverine this weekend...and especially if you have kids...do you think the movie is inappropriate for an 11-year old? My daughter is a HUGE fan and really wants to see it...we've been to pretty much every comic movie together over the past couple of years but the PG-13 rating and the fact it is Wolverine has me wondering about this one. I'm not really worried about the violence since my daughter really views that aspect as cartoonish, but mainly concerned with the possibility of extensive profanity and/or any sexual situations? Thanks... :foryou:

I don't remember hearing any swearing in the Wolverine movie. I believe its safe to watch for a 11 year old.

And in case your thinking of this movie. Avoid the Punisher War Zone. Too graphic violence for most people especially a 11 year old.

Anybody who didn't hear swearing in that movie wasn't listening. Wow.

So I was the only one who heard Logan say he was going to cut Victor's g**damn head off?

So I was the only one who heard Logan say he was going to cut Victor's g**damn head off?

You class that as swearing hm

You class that as swearing hm

lol I guess I'm touchy like that!

that doesnt count for me (shrug)

I have a 7 (almost 8) and 9 (almost 10) year old daughters and I saw the movie last night, I

only remember a couple swear words (no "f" word), I think son of a ..... once, and

something else. I would TOTALLY RECOMMEND this movie and are going to let both of

my daughters see it, either at the theater or buying it on dvd. When kids understand that

it is not "real" violence and it's movie "special effects," it makes all the difference between

real life and not. IMHO.... oh yea, and no sex

Tim

Honestly, the cursing isn't really over-the-top. A few swears here and there, but yeah, most kids have heard, or indeed, SAY much worse.

I must be getting old, 'cause at 11/12 years old, my favorite movie was Goodfellas. Now you wanna talk about swearing... lol

For those who have seen Wolverine this weekend...and especially if you have kids...do you think the movie is inappropriate for an 11-year old? My daughter is a HUGE fan and really wants to see it...we've been to pretty much every comic movie together over the past couple of years but the PG-13 rating and the fact it is Wolverine has me wondering about this one. I'm not really worried about the violence since my daughter really views that aspect as cartoonish, but mainly concerned with the possibility of extensive profanity and/or any sexual situations? Thanks... :foryou:

No sex what so ever.The swearing was less than she hears at school I would think.Lots of action Im sure it wouldnt offend.

I dont have any kids but i wouldnt let an 11 year old watch this. Not too much on the cursing but still violent from beginning to end. Murder scenes , head shots , decapitation (shrug)

I dont have any kids but i wouldnt let an 11 year old watch this. Not too much on the cursing but still violent from beginning to end. Murder scenes , head shots , decapitation (shrug)
At least it's not about the sex. Or nudity.

Its like that south park episode

"Hyeah. I guess parents don't give a about violence if there's sex things to worry about."

Its like that south park episode

"Hyeah. I guess parents don't give a about violence if there's sex things to worry about."

Hahaha, yep.