• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official DiceX's Wolverine movie review thread.

22 posts in this topic

Saw it.

Loved it.

Will probably see it again.

Will buy the DVD when it comes out.

-DiceX

Me too, having a hard time figuring out all of the Wolverine hate on this board (shrug)

That makes three of us then (thumbs u

Saw it.

Loved it.

-DiceX

You're no Joe Bob's Drive-In.

I liked it up until that abomination of Deadpool showed up at the end. The idea of Weapon XI was fine but the fact that it was Wade Wilson that they used as the subject was a little odd.

Overall it was a good addition to the X-men series.

I liked it up until that abomination of Deadpool showed up at the end. The idea of Weapon XI was fine but the fact that it was Wade Wilson that they used as the subject was a little odd.

Overall it was a good addition to the X-men series.

as far as I know, Deadpool was weapon XI or atleast a subject in the weapon series and Wade Wilson is Deadpool afterall

Saw it.

Loved it.

-DiceX

My son and I saw it this weekend.Had zero expectations based on the boards reviews.It was a ok movie.Nothing great but I did enjoy it.May see it again when it comes out on netflicks.

Ah, I haven't followed since about 2000 and didn't know/recall that Deadpool was weapon XI.

He wasnt, there was no weapon XI until the movie made dudpool up

I never followed Deadpool. Never cared anything about him, so it didn't really bother me at the end. It looked like something that was created by Liefeld, so I didn't think twice about it.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't weapon 11 Wolverine's son, Daken? I liked the movie up until the end when they did what they did to Deadpool...to be honest, I can't really say Deadpool even appeared in the movie. But I didn't hate it...just wish they wouldn't have given Deadpool blades, cyclops powers, etc...

If I'm not mistaken, isn't weapon 11 Wolverine's son, Daken? I liked the movie up until the end when they did what they did to Deadpool...to be honest, I can't really say Deadpool even appeared in the movie. But I didn't hate it...just wish they wouldn't have given Deadpool blades, cyclops powers, etc...

I agree that they went overboard on the powers with Deadpool, I just try to keep it in perspective that what they fought at the end was "Weapon XI" who will become the "Deadpool" well all know and love in the future.

As far as I know Daken was never part of the Weapons Program.

I agree that they went overboard on the powers with Deadpool, I just try to keep it in perspective that what they fought at the end was "Weapon XI" who will become the "Deadpool" well all know and love in the future.

I'm just hoping that if they do a Deadpool movie, they'll find a way to remove all the "extra" powers he was given...

And I thought that Nick Fury hinted towards the idea that Romulus (whoever that is...lol) intends to have the Muramasa blade bonded to Daken along with the Adamantium like Wolverine, thus becoming Weapon XI...this is a story that is ongoing in the Wolverine Origins book right now...I think...lol.

I'm just hoping that if they do a Deadpool movie, they'll find a way to remove all the "extra" powers he was given...

And I thought that Nick Fury hinted towards the idea that Romulus (whoever that is...lol) intends to have the Muramasa blade bonded to Daken along with the Adamantium like Wolverine, thus becoming Weapon XI...this is a story that is ongoing in the Wolverine Origins book right now...I think...lol.

Ah... that makes sense as I haven't read the Origin(s) line.. just The Origin

Sounds like the movie included elements of that story line too.

They did the same thing in the beginning with him running away as a kid.... that part was true.. it just wasn't with Sabertooth

Ah... that makes sense as I haven't read the Origin(s) line.. just The Origin

Sounds like the movie included elements of that story line too.

They did the same thing in the beginning with him running away as a kid.... that part was true.. it just wasn't with Sabertooth

Yeah, kinda took bits and pieces here and there...overall not a terrible movie...but the fanboy in me can't help but wish it was a bit more accurate...lol.

Saw it.

Loved it.

-DiceX

Me too, having a hard time figuring out all of the Wolverine hate on this board (shrug)

Call me a purist... I was a "hater" when X3 made Juggernaut a mutant - this version of Deadpool is enough to keep me far away from the theaters.

(shrug)

-slym

Saw it.

Loved it.

-DiceX

Call me a purist... I was a "hater" when X3 made Juggernaut a mutant - this version of Deadpool is enough to keep me far away from the theaters.

(shrug)

-slym

Sticking to the original comic continuity isn't important to me because I haven't read an X-Men comic since about #200 so I'm just viewing it as a stand alone film.

Different perspective, though I can understand why proper Wolvie fans would be a tad upset.