• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: breaking up with my girlfriend

127 posts in this topic

Long distance relationships don't work :sumo:

Although I'd be happier with mine if it was :insane:

:o

Only because I'd have more room for my comics :whistle:

You're bats for Bats!

What is this place, Love Line? Dr. Drew are you in here?

You're just mad because your dalliance with Baltimore Lauren didn't work out, back on April 1. ;)

I live here in Apex NC...many years ago I had a long distance relationship with a chic in Boone--about 3 hrs away. Long distance relationships are tough and as I have gotten older and WISER, I try to avoid those--unless the babe is moving closer to me. :)

I say, move on and find someone local. And, avoid the small furry animals.

Look dont take these goons advice. Obviously it hurts and you needed to air your chit.

You care for her, and yet it is not working. Simple words are better than a drawn out speech. Sometimes speaking your mind, helps resolve the situation. And if it does not, then you know you are making the right choice.

For some of the BONE-HEADED comments made towards the wife...Umm...ever think that you are the one who changed? PLEASE!!!! You loose your hair, you snore, you age, you get needy and whiney...maybe we as wives think you are not the same!

Do this, instead of purchasing comics, take it and spend it on your wife.

PS this is just an opinion...

:angel:

You're just mad because your dalliance with Baltimore Lauren didn't work out, back on April 1. ;)

Heeee heeeeee heeeee! :signfunny:

I was once in a long distance relationship...about 7 years ago. Met him at a con, thought he was awesome, dumped me for uhh, a really stupid reason.

I'm sure your reason is not nearly as stupid as his, but do what you feel is best!

I was once in a long distance relationship...about 7 years ago. Met him at a con, thought he was awesome, dumped me for uhh, a really stupid reason.

I'm sure your reason is not nearly as stupid as his, but do what you feel is best!

Lemme guess...Princess Leah... hm:baiting:

Geez Lauren, what were you like 13 at the time! lol

I was actually 14/15ish! Hahahaha, and he was 19. I can't really say why I was dumped, but it was really unmanly. And it was on his blog. In Japanese.

I was actually 14/15ish! Hahahaha, and he was 19. I can't really say why I was dumped, but it was really unmanly. And it was on his blog. In Japanese.

Was he also in Japan? Now that would be a REAL long distance relationship! :grin:

And shame on you! 14 year old girls should not be going out with 19 year old men! (tsk) Although if he broke up with you on his blog, I doubt he was much of a man!

Dr drew...seriously, you listen to him?

Nice to see you getting your feet wet in some other threads Mary. Perhaps you should start a Dr. Mary Lovelorn thread. :angel:

NAH! I am a youngin to most of you. Not hateing. But Dr. Drew. I did not know he was still on the radio... I guess I am getting old (*coughs at 31*)

Needless to say, give the guy some real advice, if thats what he wants.

I am all about advice...comic books another story! (shrug)

Was he also in Japan? Now that would be a REAL long distance relationship! :grin:

And shame on you! 14 year old girls should not be going out with 19 year old men! (tsk) Although if he broke up with you on his blog, I doubt he was much of a man!

Hahaha, you pretty much hit all the nails on the head, but truthfully he lived an hour away from me.

hurting someone else is always hard (or at least should be) it's like a bandaid pulling apart slowly is more agonizing than just tearing it off quickly. Make it quick and gentle as possible be firm and don't waiver. She might even be sensing the same thing and it might be easier than you think.