• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey CGC

226 posts in this topic

Based on the mods' interpretation of copyright law, I think those guys that created Whacky Packages better lawyer up quick.

And man, if it was Mark that alerted the mods...sheesh. doh!

tell us what we are allowed or not allowed to discuss. doh!

WTF!!!!!!!

:golfclap:

This is the third time I'm attempting to post in a thread this afternoon and the first two times I pressed the SUBMIT button I got the "access denied" and saw the entire thread was gone or locked....thought it was me at first doh!

Whiny post deleted by Wertham.... :makepoint:

:cloud9:

Wait.

What?

Foolkiller got a suspension?

For pointing out how poorly CGC handled this?

Really?

"Marketing," in CGC corporate speak must mean the opposite of what it means in the rest of the world, because all of this overreaction is damaging to CGC's reputation.

I'm generally a very positive guy for CGC, but this is awful. This is NOT the way to handle a PR disaster on the internet. Trying to squelch dissent with suspensions and locked threads only fans the flames (hence me being pissed off all of a sudden)

Am I going to get suspended now too?

Based on the mods' interpretation of copyright law, I think those guys that created Whacky Packages better lawyer up quick.

And man, if it was Mark that alerted the mods...sheesh. doh!

That's the rumour. Ockham's razor.

Once again CGC takes the exact wrong Public Relations path, banning a user for trying to get them to avoid controversy.

I guess the next step is for the NOD to either meet with their general counsel and determine what path they want to take on this, send said recommendation on legal letterhead to the CS, and have Brian's membership reactivated...which he would be not remiss to rescind after this whole fiasco

Am I going to get suspended now too?

The bus is filling up pretty fast, hurry up and grab a seat!

But let's not get too jolly in this thread... today's a black page in the board's history AFAIC :(

+1 on that. CGC should be ashamed of themselves for the way this was handled. This is poor form all around and is basically a case study on how not to handle the unpleasant discussion on the internet. I do this stuff for a living and pay close attention to how companies deal with the new, conversational side of messaging and marketing themselves and this is exactly the way NOT to do it.

I wonder if nerf, who's a graphic designer, could come up with a graphic that has a middle finger salute surrounded by a purple circle that has the logo, "get a life" within the circle. This graphic might even be able to be copyrighted so we could all use it on the CGC boards without fear of reprisal.

foolkiller got spanked for doing the right thing, someone oeverracted to something that was actually funny to all but a few stuffy types and now everyone is...well...irritated.

thanks what i get from it so far.

j