• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High is BUYING!

123 posts in this topic

I just sold my entire Silver Age collection to Chuck personally, and he presented me with payment. Where can I use this? Will car dealerships accept this currency?

chuck_bucks.jpg

hm

AMAZING FANTASY (1961) Fair Good V. G. Fine V. Fine Near Mint

15 $500.00 $1,000.00 $2,000.00 $3,500.00 $10,000.00 $20,000.00

wow $20k for a 9.2 AF 15... What planet is he on???

I bid $20,001!

:takeit:

I think Dice should contact him and rip him a new hind-end! Im going to see if he wants my Black-Belt Hamster #1s.

DRX

criminey, most dealers probably would have paid $250 for a Good FF 1 10 or 15 years ago....

With that said, he's paying $2 a pop for NM copies of Deadpool...not the HTF late run issues either. Sure, they'll probably bicker over what's "NM", but that isn't so bad.

criminey, most dealers probably would have paid $250 for a Good FF 1 10 or 15 years ago....

With that said, he's paying $2 a pop for NM copies of Deadpool...not the HTF late run issues either. Sure, they'll probably bicker over what's "NM", but that isn't so bad.

:makepoint:

Lone Star pays you $4/issue:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record?TID=81321

(Btw, if you have NM Deadpool issues to sell for $2/book, I'll take everything you've got - and I'll even pay for shipping too (thumbs u )

It's actually kinda fun to compare the two systems ...

MH will give you $150 for a FF #3 in Fine - Lone Star will give you $446.

MH will give you $215 for a Daredevil #2 in Very Fine - Lone Star will give you $375.

MH will give you $25 for a Daredevil #158 in NM - Lone Star will give you $83.

Hmm ... yeah ... Chuck will definitely get my business!

It's comical to see all these bricks and mortar comic shops going out of business on account of their business practices. At this rate he may be next. We'll charge you 120% and give you 20%...

I would like to hear from some people that have established a succesfull store front business and see what %'s they pay versus what they charge.

I know that the only LCS in Denver that I have found that is worth a chit will only give 30% of book value.

I think they need to revisit Business 101 and see that times have changed and people have access to way to much information these days to continue with those business practices.

Wow, $4 a pop..I thought it was just the last few issues that had demand. Lonestar doesn't buy all of them though.

I had a copy of #53 sitting in my ebay store for $3 for like 2 years. I guess no deadpool fanatic wanted to buy just that issue or any of my other stuff to combine shipping costs....

I guess I should dig up the first 2 or 3 years of the series, which I definitely have somewhere. I'm doubting the copies had boards though...oh well.

Love his prices on FF 48 too... anyone savy enough to be getting a reading that list also knows that they can get 400-1000% more for some of these books virtually anywhere else. this is a suckers list, given bedrock's post here a couple of weeks ago indicating that chuck paid him 30% of the marked price for a couple of boxes of generic midgrade silver. clearly he'll pay money if he thinks you'll require it.

I know that the only LCS in Denver that I have found that is worth a chit will only give 30% of book value.

-----------------------------------------

Depending on the book, 30% of book value is not unreasonable. Seriously, plenty of people here sell decent material for 30% of guide for whatever reason: quick cash, already have 5 copies, whatever.

Unless you mean "fair market value", which increasingly has little to do with what that annual book says.

In any event, I don't think shops are going out of business because they aren't paying enough for vintage comics walking in through their door. Apparently, most of them don't even view selling back issues as more than 5-10% of their business anyway.

-----------------------------------------

Depending on the book, 30% of book value is not unreasonable.

Unless you mean "fair market value", which increasingly has little to do with what that annual book says.

Ha...f'ing joke is what being offered 30% is on VF+ SA and BA books!

Just my opinion I guess.

My thought was that you can build a better client base by having a better selection of books and offering more reasonable pricing. Then again I have never ran a retail store.

This is a great example of why the back-issue market is no longer "controlled" by the Comic Shops, but has been redistributed to the fans.

Seriously, unless you need the cash right away - you'll sell your better material to a fellow fan off a forum or even eBay.

If you have some "mid-level" books, you might lot them up and sell them the same way, or fire-sale them at a steep loss to free-up space.

If you have "junk" books, nobody is taking them any how.

I've bought a couple books off Mile High - mostly very odd material that never shows-up on eBay and/or can't be found. I used the discount code, got 60% off, and paid just over guide (haha!). At least I got the books quickly.

I'd never even think about trying to buy any key books off Mile High though. Do they even have them? The "Mile High Collection" was years ago.

Please double check you grades! Our grading is very strict. We regrade comics when our grading disagrees with yours, and adjust your payment accordingly. We always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you can't handle us regrading your comics if we feel it necessary, please don't send us your books. We would rather not enter into a deal you would be unhappy with.

Did anybody catch this,if he grades it and thinks it's a VF instead of a NM HE WILL PAY ACCORDINGLY? :roflmao: If I recall Chuckies grading scale his Fines are considered to be NM,will he give you NM prices on fine comics? WHAT A person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed BAG :roflmao:

Please double check you grades! Our grading is very strict. We regrade comics when our grading disagrees with yours, and adjust your payment accordingly. We always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you can't handle us regrading your comics if we feel it necessary, please don't send us your books. We would rather not enter into a deal you would be unhappy with.

Did anybody catch this,if he grades it and thinks it's a VF instead of a NM HE WILL PAY ACCORDINGLY? :roflmao: If I recall Chuckies grading scale his Fines are considered to be NM,will he give you NM prices on fine comics? WHAT A person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed :roflmao:

It's a slight discrepancy in the abilities of his graders.

This guy grades the incoming comics...

slide0001_image002.jpg

When the books are prepared to be listed for sale on his website, all books are regraded by this guy...

4blind0fy.jpg

I browsed through some of their buy list and, say what you like, he's paying some decent prices for some comics that otherwise I'm not sure would sell for anywhere approaching those prices anywhere else.

I'm considering sending in a box...

Jim

I browsed through some of their buy list and, say what you like, he's paying some decent prices for some comics that otherwise I'm not sure would sell for anywhere approaching those prices anywhere else.

I'm considering sending in a box...

Jim

An empty box?