• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Comics #46

12 posts in this topic

This is such a beautiful copy and one that I'm deciding whether to keep or to send it back to the seller due to the BRITTLE PAGES :pullhair: I'm not a big fan of it and it is indeed the kiss of death for a comic. I really really would love to keep this book as it is very rare in any grade, but the brittleness of the pages is what's keeping me from securing it. When I flip through the pages, it would just slightly tear. I have provided scans of the book. Everything is intact and secured in the staples area. No spine splits.

Also, if you had this book, would you keep it or would you send it back without knowing the pages were brittle? Just curious, but how much would you pay for this book? Thanks for your help!

Picture251.jpg

Picture254.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Most of the pages have the top corners off due to the britteleness

Picture255.jpg

I'd give it about a 2.0. It's probably worth $500-600 in that condition, with the poor paper quality, but I wouldn't give half that much for a book who's clock is about run out. You're probably going to have to find at least a 4.0 or better to get into an investment quality range.

Send that puppy back Brian--although that is one of the best Sandman covers :) Those corners on the interior pages look so much like my old Tec 31s, which CGC hammered the grade at 1.8 on an otherwise 2.5 book... besides you have a huge grail to look forward to :baiting:

The edge clearly shows some brittleness, so either send it back (cause cgc would knock it down in grade for sure) or ask for a partial refund of say like $400. If he does offer a partial refund slab it asap. The book is not worth 1500 in that condition. Its just that you had to outbid so many people on ebay to win it being that it is a scarce issue.

WOW!! $1,500 for this book!?! I don't doubt for a second it is a very hard book to come by. But I would send that book back in a heartbeat. I can sense you really wanted this book. Another book will come around in the same condition with better PQ... Keep Us Posted.

I would pay around $750 - $950 for this book. IMHO as always.