• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson art collection for sale intact

69 posts in this topic

I heard a few weeks ago that the asking price was around $10 million. I also heard that it's not all GA - I don't know what issue(s), but I heard there is at least one of Neal Adams' top Batman covers in the collection. :gossip:

I believe the $10mil figure being bandied about came from this post...

-e.

5 Mil, all cash?

Who does he expect to have that, Don Corleone?

Naw...the Don would "make him an offer he couldn't refuse"

160282_f520.jpg

5 Mil, all cash?

If all 13008 CGC Forum members chipped in $ 1000 we could raise a little over 13 million....$ 500 a piece would net 6.5 Million....sounds simple doesn't it ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

5 Mil, all cash?

If all 13008 CGC Forum members chipped in $ 1000 we could raise a little over 13 million....$ 500 a piece would net 6.5 Million....sounds simple doesn't it ? GOD BLESS...

Sweet. Where do I send my 500 bucks? I got dibs on the Superman 14!!!

Not sure what the difference between all-cash and other forms of payment are for this. There is no way he'll be able to avoid paying tax on this sale, since it'll make the newspapers. Better off doing it legit and opening up to more potential buyers. Tax or no tax, there'll be a lot of money coming his way. That being said, does anyone who has seen the collection want to put an actual fair market value for the collection? Is it 2 million, 2.5 million??

Does that count of all KK's shill accounts??

No, banned members are not on the user list. When adding the KK shills the number should be somewhere around 15K

Hari

As my post implied, it was a joke to think that Jerry was looking for an all-cash deal. However, I have realized over the years that nothing is too far-fetched in our hobby. I have know deals for well into the six figures that were all cash. For four days in July, San Diego ComicCon can double as a Federal Reserve Bank with the amount of cash that gets thrown around at dealer's tables.

The big question is whether Jerry owns the art as an individual or whether it is being sold to benefit a trust. Lots of tax implications here.

5 Mil, all cash?

Sweet. Where do I send my 500 bucks? I got dibs on the Superman 14!!!

Since it was my idea...I would RELUCTANTLY agree to hold the 6.5 Mil....a small sacrifice , I suppose.GOD BLESS...

WHat about 6.5 Mil in pennies and some nickles and quarters thrown in for good measure. I could see bout hipping in some food stamps too.

Maybe I can sweet talk him with 7 Million in coupon savings. Got one for $10.00 off any purchase of $25.00 or more from Home Depot today. :D

-e.