• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

1. first, admit the original question was not nonsense as you claimed

2. since it is obvious that one of the buyers will not be receiving the book, answer the follow up question

I don't have to admit nothin'. The point I was making to begin with has nothing to do with any of this

How will 2 different buyers be receiving the same book?

They did NOT receive the same book - I was able to send the one with the serial number to peoper owner - this slipped past be in error and I have multiples of the same Issues - like my IMSM CGC VF+ 8.5 I use the same pics.

This Thread was to alert everyone about a bad buyer, hoping to prevent damage to you feloow cgcers out there. The responses and attitude I received from my troubles now wants me to have all you individual_without_enough_empathys to kiss my backside and forget about me. Go reproduce yourselves.

CAL giving it back as he has received

How about you just stop making these self-aggrandizing posts, and we'll happily forget all about you? Seems like a win-win situation in my book.

lol

Cal, you take yourself WAY too seriously, dude! If you didn't make all of this so easy on us, most people would probably give you open and honest suggestions. But you make this too fun for that.

the-internet-has-spoken.jpg

The point about "gaining and losing" is not as clear cut as it should be. With fees at 10-20%, the cost of doing business is significant. The eBay practice of using the final selling price to compute fee percentages (and leaving out the shipping/handling costs) is incentive to try to move as much cost of doing business as possbile to the handling chanrge to reduce fees.

No reputable seller should be trying to make money on the shipping and handling...period...

Sellers know the fees involved with eBay before listing. If they're not willing to abide with those without shifting costs to the buyer through inflated shipping and handling fees then they shouldn't be using the venue...

Jim

Yours is an interesting perspective for sure. Why would you force such high morals and constraints on eBay sellers when "regular" providers of goods and services are not held to nearly as high of a standard.

Let's take CGC for instance. The actual cost of mailing my books back from CGC far exceeds the amount I pay. Should I not do business with CGC?

Cal,

Regarding shipping charges, what you have been prepared to pay when buying is irrelevant when discussing what you charge when selling. They are entirely independent...or at least they should be.

Just because you have been happy paying over the odds doesn't mean that all buyers will be. Now, if you're saying that you've had to pay a lot to buy these books in to subsequently flip, so you're factoring this in when selling...you need to be better at buying.

You say that nobody asks about your buying practices, but why should they? The thread was about somebody buying from you. Whatever you're doing at the other end of the cycle has no bearing.

They SHOULD ask if they are gonna bash my selling methods. This Thread was intended to alert CGCers about a bad buyer that could harm them on eBay. I already posted earlier that I regret doing this and won't be doing it anymore( See awe4one Jim - it did not work so back away).

I used to give CGCers a discount on price and shipping - did it for a few years. The comments on this Thread tell me that I was right to stop that generosity. Only a select few that I can trust and won't throw me under the bus are treated like royalty.

Re-read this Thread if you need to refresh your memory, Nick.They SHOULD ask about my buying practices if they are gonna bash my selling practices unsolicited in a Thread that was about something else. I am not a "have-it-one-way" person - I do try to be fair.

They SHOULD get the whole story instead of just twisting whatever it is they are doing. I use to give CGCers discounts on everything, but I am assuming you can figure out

They did NOT receive the same book - I was able to send the one with the serial number to peoper owner - this slipped past be in error and I have multiples of the same Issues - like my IMSM CGC VF+ 8.5 I use the same pics.

But not all CGC 8.5's are the same :screwy:

for example centering could be completely different on two CGC 8.5 books.

-EVILASH, my Dad can, in fact, beat up Lebowski's

Cal may just have been lazy on the scanned Surfers. The image is the same, I think it was just copied over and not changed. It happens.

Cal, can you please stop going back and forth between first and third person in the same paragraph? It hurts my head. Thanks.

Cal may just have been lazy on the scanned Surfers. The image is the same, I think it was just copied over and not changed. It happens.

Cal, can you please stop going back and forth between first and third person in the same paragraph? It hurts my head. Thanks.

CAL8000n.jpg

Does this thread have anything to do with charging $11.00 for MEDIA MAIL shipping on one book? (shrug)

For how big an item? The Collected Works of Stan Lee from 1941 to 1969?

CAL, I don't know you, and I'm not looking to hate on you, but that seems extremely excessive via Media Mail.

That what he listed for the charge on the book in question in this very thread....

Here is the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220401966082

US $10.95 United States US Postal Service Media Mail

US $13.95 United States US Postal Service Priority Mail®

Heck, even the $14 for Priority mail is a lot (shrug)

Okay the media mail part is higher then what someone would expect. But if you want to dissuade someone from using it, that would be the way to go. As to the priority price. For me over on the east coast that price is about about right when you factor in the insurance for a 2 pound box. Now Cal might make a $1.50 if he used a flat rate box, but I've had a few CGC books crack in shipping because the Slab barely fits in a Flat Rate box.

$14 is what Comiclink charges and we are in the same zone. So I really don't see the $13.95 as being too high for this book insured. But that's just me.

I also double-box items as well. I can't be having cracked slabs and the Insurance hassles, so I do it right the first time.

I do dissuade the Media Mail BUT

as there are many penny-pinchers that do buy from me some of them actually DO take the Media Mail route to save about $1.20 - $3.00 depending on the final weight and number of items won. I thought it was cool to offer more than the flat rate box/regular priority box shipping.

Someone else earlier said that the box weighs 2 lbs. This is incorrect - it weighs over 3.5 lbs. if you double-box them. Very very few people complain about my bomb-proof shipping packages, I get grief from the penny-pinchers and tightwads out there that should find a cheaper hobby.

I also dissuade the International buyers because you STILL need to get in line at the USPS and they have to manually process the Int'l packages, and I have to pay the girls to do just the USPS runs. I see no harm in recouping my costs.

CAL who is succeeding despite the pitchforked community I thought I was helping

CAL8000n.jpg

:roflmao:

2. since it is obvious that one of the buyers will not be receiving the book, answer the follow up question

I don't have to admit nothin'. The point I was making to begin with has nothing to do with any of this

This Thread was to alert everyone about a bad buyer, hoping to prevent damage to you feloow cgcers out there. The responses and attitude I received from my troubles now wants me to have all you individual_without_enough_empathys to kiss my backside and forget about me. Go reproduce yourselves.

How about you just stop making these self-aggrandizing posts, and we'll happily forget all about you? Seems like a win-win situation in my book.

you need to revert back to your rectal inversion stance

anything of yours sell over $20.00 lately???

Curious CAL

I do try to be fair.

They SHOULD get the whole story instead of just twisting whatever it is they are doing.

Back to the original topic of this thread...

We've been asking you for the whole story repeatedly, yet you don't want to share it for some reason. You have only posted the buyer's messages to you. Where are your messages to the buyer, including the original correspondance that must have included some unfriendly comments from you that ruined the buying experience for him? To quote you, we should "get the whole story" before deciding that this person is a "bad" eBayer.

We checked his feedback. He doesn't appear to leave unwarranted negs.

We've been asking you for the whole story repeatedly, yet you don't want to share it for some reason. You have only posted the buyer's messages to you. Where are your messages to the buyer, including the original correspondance that must have included some unfriendly comments from you that ruined the buying experience for him? To quote you, we should "get the whole story" before deciding that this person is a "bad" eBayer.

Far from it. I expected to go to his profile, jump to Feed For Others and see negatives and neutrals all over the place. This doesn't appear to be that type of buyer.

Curious CAL

Yes.

How are those 4.5 DSR's treating you?

I do try to be fair.

They SHOULD get the whole story instead of just twisting whatever it is they are doing.

Wrong again.

The Q was answered previously.

He DID leave unwarranted negs, and before he put his feedback private, there were some negs removed by mutual agreement.

If you re-read the Thread you will find your answers.

CAL not in the mood to keep repeating himself over and over

Curious CAL

Yes.

How are those 4.5 DSR's treating you?

4.5?

I have not had a 4.5 in months.

Take another modern slab of yours, sell it( hopefully) and make a down payment on some glasses and then re-check my DSR's. Even with that pinhead dharry358 slamming me down on two auctions, I have no 4.5's.

To point out another flaw of the DSR's - I had 4.9 in Communication - the one area I am not strong at - but it was the highest DSR I had. Go figure.

CAL trying not to be ironic( robotic)