• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict The CGC Grade

154 posts in this topic

Know there was talk of them getting stricter after Steve left. Have they now reversed and gotten a little looser?

Not sure that 'a little' covers this. :insane:

I graded it a 5.5. doh!

I also hope I'm not upsetting Gav with these comments...there's no escaping the fact that it is a sweet book in hand. :foryou:

As I told Nick in a PM yesterday, I looked that book over and over before submitting it and my first grade was a 6.0. I tried to convince myself that it may reach a 6.5 (wishful thinking more than anything else) and subbed it.

I couldn't believe it when I opened the box. I also thought the 'Tec #400 was a 7.5 at best. Well the long and short of it is I'm uber happy with the grades but am wondering if my grading is as good as I thought it was!

Oh well, I've got some more SA/BA books to submit so maybe I'll learn more from there :insane:

Well the long and short of it is I'm uber happy with the grades but am wondering if my grading is as good as I thought it was!

Gav, if you were calling that #171 a 6.0, there's nothing wrong with your grading. (thumbs u

Certain other folk need to be having a word with themselves, however. :eek:

Well the long and short of it is I'm uber happy with the grades but am wondering if my grading is as good as I thought it was!

Gav, if you were calling that #171 a 6.0, there's nothing wrong with your grading. (thumbs u

I've been on a steep grading learning curve since November and I've got a lot better over the last few months. Some submissions leave me questioning myself though sometimes. These books had me scratching my head too.

I know it's hard/impossible to tell between higher grade books from scans, but to me those two just look totally backwards. Oh well, at least I can stop questioning myself as much as I have been.

Cheers Nick (thumbs u

I've been on a steep grading learning curve since November and I've got a lot better over the last few months. Some submissions leave me questioning myself though sometimes. These books had me scratching my head too.

I know it's hard/impossible to tell between higher grade books from scans, but to me those two just look totally backwards. Oh well, at least I can stop questioning myself as much as I have been.

Cheers Nick (thumbs u

Yeah, I remember those two and I agree...they got it arse about tit with those, too. doh!

Cheers Nick (thumbs u

Yeah, I remember those two and I agree...they got it arse about tit with those, too. doh!

At least I managed to upgrade the #686 to 9.8 SS :banana:

Cheers Nick (thumbs u

if they got every book right, you wouldn't be able to use the phrase "buy the book, not the label" now, would you?

Cheers Nick (thumbs u

if they got every book right, you wouldn't be able to use the phrase "buy the book, not the label" now, would you?

I never have, and I always end up buying the label meh

This thread got buried quickly but I like the idea so here goes. These are being mailed to CGC this weekend.

I'll see if anyone wants to venture a guess on grades before I post what I expect the grades to be.

My expected grades:

FF 112 - 9.4

Subby 1 - 9.4

SS 4 - 8.0

Planet 56 - 8.0

IM & Subby 1 - 9.4

th_ff112.jpg th_imsubby1.jpg th_planet56.jpg th_subby1.jpg th_surfer4.jpg

Just got the grades today.

My expected grades: CGC grades follow in red

FF 112 - 9.4 - CGC 9.2 :boo:

Subby 1 - 9.4 - CGC 9.6 :banana:

SS 4 - 8.0 - CGC 9.2 :o

Planet 56 - 8.0 - CGC 8.5 :applause:

IM & Subby 1 - 9.4 - CGC 9.6 ^^

This thread got buried quickly but I like the idea so here goes. These are being mailed to CGC this weekend.

I'll see if anyone wants to venture a guess on grades before I post what I expect the grades to be.

My expected grades:

FF 112 - 9.4

Subby 1 - 9.4

SS 4 - 8.0

Planet 56 - 8.0

IM & Subby 1 - 9.4

th_ff112.jpg th_imsubby1.jpg th_planet56.jpg th_subby1.jpg th_surfer4.jpg

Just got the grades today.

My expected grades: CGC grades follow in red

FF 112 - 9.4 - CGC 9.2 :boo:

Subby 1 - 9.4 - CGC 9.6 :banana:

SS 4 - 8.0 - CGC 9.2 :o

Planet 56 - 8.0 - CGC 8.5 :applause:

IM & Subby 1 - 9.4 - CGC 9.6 ^^

They hate on FF 112.

Mine got an 8.5 when I thought sure it was a 9.0 with a shot at 9.2.

Congrats on the rest of the grades! (thumbs u