• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you all stop with the fecking eBay whining?

247 posts in this topic

Mrs FT: 'So, what do you do after I'd gone to bed last night?'

FT: 'Oh, er, well, not much, really, luv. Bit of this, bit of that...Y'know?'

:eek:

She didn't actually care what you were doing, just so long as you weren't pestering her by begging for sex as usual :whistle:

:roflmao:

We could always go back to the pre-ebay internet model for selling comic books,

example is I walk into LCS with $100 dollars worth of comics and LCS offers me $10 dollars. Yes Ebay isn`t perfect but it`s a heck of lot better then the mess that went on before selling comics.

example is I walk into LCS with $100 dollars worth of comics and LCS offers me $10 dollars. Yes Ebay isn`t perfect but it`s a heck of lot better then the mess that went on before selling comics.

There is a bit of truth here. More so on larger collections but still valid.

What do you expect your LCS to do? They have rent to pay, they have to make money on what they buy.

I got an email from someone the other day offering a collection to me (2000 to 2500 comics), here it is:

Major runs hellblazer 1- 220(ish)

Preacher + specials

Invisibles

Doom patrol 1- 88(I think)(basically the Grant Morrison version) plus the more modern versions

Walking dead 9-30

Batman: detective 680-818

Lodk 60-208(the last one I think)

Batman the same era

Various one shots, specials short runs etc

x-force 116-129

x-statix 1-20

loveless 1-11

silent hill,

30 days of night

Various zombie and horror titles

Simpsons 1- 100 + specials and other Simpson titles

Sandman mystery theater

A long box of assorted x titles from the mid 90's

Short series such as; outlaw nation,

And various single issues

A box of assorted UK editions of 2000AD and Judge Dredd megazines

Most comics are in good conditions with the majority in plastic bags

8 long boxes ,plus one cardboard box of UK comics

So would you pay guide for the above? The seller said I could have them for 2,500.... I don't see a comic in that lot that I could sell for $10...

What do you expect your LCS to do? They have rent to pay, they have to make money on what they buy.

I got an email from someone the other day offering a collection to me (2000 to 2500 comics), here it is:

Preacher + specials

Invisibles

Doom patrol 1- 88(I think)(basically the Grant Morrison version) plus the more modern versions

Walking dead 9-30

Batman the same era

x-force 116-129

x-statix 1-20

loveless 1-11

silent hill,

30 days of night

Sandman mystery theater

So would you pay guide for the above? The seller said I could have them for 2,500.... I don't see a comic in that lot that I could sell for $10...

Run away.

Tell him to split the Preachers and 30 Days if the grades are good enough.

Anything printed after '92 or '93 might as well be called poop to me. The above have value? Would it be worth it to buy them at cover price?

Preacher + specials

Invisibles

Walking dead 9-30

Batman the same era

x-force 116-129

x-statix 1-20

loveless 1-11

silent hill,

30 days of night

Sandman mystery theater

As noted before, there are some good comics in that lot, but the beauty of it is the complete runs. Complete runs on eBay do incredibly well. I've seen complete runs of Preacher, for example, sell for $300+...and runs missing, say, 5 issues...$1 issues at most....sell for $100.

It's bizarre, but true.

$2500 is much too much for the entire lot, but provided they are VF/NM on the average, I wouldn't hesitate to offer $750 for it. And, based on what's been listed, that's a fair offer.

If the seller wants to sell them on eBay, he/she will get more....and will also spend hours....lots of hours....dealing with the entire eBay process, start to finish. What is that time worth?

Clear papers!

ZZ042-2T.jpg

The clear ones I've used (made of cellulose?) had the extra benefit of not canoeing much at all (thumbs u

Ah, man, and right after Sha, too.

It's just like the old eBay boards. :cloud9:

Those boards are why I'm still fond of Ebay...even though they kind of croaked after a certain person wanted to be king...I miss those days

Wow. I haven't posted there in about 7 years? Maybe more? But I look once in a while and the Board has about 3 weeks of non-activity with the occasional burst of posts for a day or two, then re-dies.

CAL who IS the King: of IMSM and other smaller worlds

Not a day goes by without some eBay sob story...

'He packs like a ''

'He complained about my shipping charges'

'He said it was a VF/NM and it was a VF+'

'He left me negative feedback without contacting my wife first'

Chistonabike, what do you all expect?

You are all dealing with possibly the most immoral company on the planet, but you are all expecting to either make a great deal on a sale, or get a catch on a purchase.

Either way, you're all expecting to make some money 'under the radar' in an absolute -shoot and want to cry because you didn't get what you thought you were 'entitled' to?

Here's a reality check for you....eBay died about 3 years ago and anybody who is still dealing through their -arsed, money-grubbing, illegitimate, -sucking system deserves all that they get.

Have a great weekend! (thumbs u

Nick, a few Q's for you:

1) did you c lose your eBay account?

2) do you really dislike the Threads warning others about bad Buyers, etc? Do they not have a purpose here accoring to you?

3) Do you know anywhere else people can buy/sell online that has the features eBay does? if so can you be generous enough to share that with this audience your Thread has???

Any info would be most greatly appreciated.

Oh, you have a great weekend too.

CAL across the pond :grin: