• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround times!

25 posts in this topic

It's too bad that CGC has such a long turnaround. I'm sure they've considered the up and downsides of this. I know I have piles of books I'd love to send in but the wait is too long. Wouldn't it be possible to add staff and expand a bit? That's one of the areas that they will be vulnerable to competition in the future. I don't think CGG is much of a threat, but eventually the pressure will be on for faster turnaround times. And I think there are a lot of potential customers out there who are waiting to see those faster turnarounds.

Took 2 months for my latest Modern submission... 893frustrated.gif

My last one too. That one arrived not quite packed up to the usual standards as well, without the cardboard inserts between the books just that white fluffy stuff but all the books were fine.

I have another current set of books in for grading that I checked on after a month had gone by and was told they'd probably be ready after the new year.

Oh well, in the grand sceme of things it's not that big a deal I suppose ... confused-smiley-013.gif

Happy New Year!

Dave H

My last one too. That one arrived not quite packed up to the usual standards as well, without the cardboard inserts between the books just that white fluffy stuff but all the books were fine.

I have another current set of books in for grading that I checked on after a month had gone by and was told they'd probably be ready after the new year.

Oh well, in the grand sceme of things it's not that big a deal I suppose ... confused-smiley-013.gif

Happy New Year!

Dave H

Well...my Express submission got received on the 18th and sent out on the 23rd. Maybe someone called in some favours for me. I'm pretty sure that the posted times are kinda out of date but who knows. The problem with waiting until the submission time is faster is that you could have had the books back if you didn't waited. I understand some people want to sell the books right away and don't want to pay that much $$ up front! frown.gif

I suggest saving the books until the next Wizard convention where they'll be grading onsite. Dump them off on Friday and get them back Saturday or Sunday without having to pay Express prices or shipping. Of course, some members may not be able to get to a Wizard convention, but there are so many members who do goto some if not all of the conventions. I'm confident arrangements can be made between board members. My 2 cents.

no love for the repub! blush.gif27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

I'm beginning to think you're right...perhaps I will change my political affiliation in order to get a faster turn-around...maybe my grades will improve too... 893frustrated.gif

redhook, dead on! By immediately charge your credit card AND making you wait three+ months is not exactly putting many smiles on the faces of customers frown.gif

Potential areas for improvement include:

1. Turnaround times for books

2. Improved communication (communicate via e-mail when books arrive/ship, and provide an online status)

CGG is trying, but I think they are targeting different markets--specifically the moderns or silver/bronze in mid grade. If the book isn't worth as much, CGG is the way to go. You at least have a better shot at getting your slab costs back.

Then again, what do I know. I did sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night...

How about you CGC guys stay home from all the conventions, and grading on site.....and just stay put at CGC center and get the books that are coming in by mail out faster! I love your product and your service, but the long wait is a turnoff. I have 30 or 40 books here that I'd love to get graded, but I won't part with them for three months, at $25 to $30 a piece. You'd increase your business if that wait was 1 month, at the same price.

How much does this cost?

I suggest saving the books until the next Wizard convention where they'll be grading onsite. Dump them off on Friday and get them back Saturday or Sunday without having to pay Express prices or shipping. Of course, some members may not be able to get to a Wizard convention, but there are so many members who do goto some if not all of the conventions. I'm confident arrangements can be made between board members. My 2 cents.

I have stopped sending books. Loose word on the street is they can't keep up with the demand. They need to hire more graders, buy more equipment and move into an airplane hanger.. The money they have lost (opportunity cost) must me incredible relative to their incremental cost. Don't get me wrong I love CGC and love their customer service staff.

Real opportunity for the a new company to fill this void assuming they hire the best of the best and do restoration checks. CGG should do a private offering to upgrade their overall operations to get in par or above what CGC is doing. Real opportunity here for some people who are thinking out of the box.

I have three books in for grading right now, that arrived there 11/26/03. I spoke with someone in the CS dept and he said they might be a tad behind because of the holidays. Although he said that instead of 20 days for the moderns I sent in, it might be around 45 days.

It has been far too long anyway, where are my books? hi.gif

I'd always considered their turnaround times to be meant in business days. If so, your wait period is definately not out of the question. I counted it to 23 business days? Sure it's a long time to wait, but that's how it goes :\

I don't send in anything anymore, and if I really want to send it in.. I just get the Collectors Society 3 free express submissions. I could only imagine how long it takes now for Economy.. 6 months?

Brian