• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what topic you guys are on now, but back to the original topic of "Board Etiquette"

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a can this weekend. He was asking a question abut a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

What ever the reason. the PM ended with "Any help would be appreciated."

I gave an honest an thorough answer.

The next thing the PMer did was "remove himself from the subject".

IMO, if you have time to solicit information - IF you have time to delete the PM, then you have time to reply with "Thanks"

It's no big deal. It's common courtesy. It's manners. :sumo:

Could you explain "from a can"? Perhaps he thought he was thanking you in advance by stating "Any help would be appreciated" but yes, a thank you pm would be expected. I certainly wouldn't 'out' him as I wouldn't classify his behaviour as Mansonlike.

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what topic you guys are on now, but back to the original topic of "Board Etiquette"

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a can this weekend. He was asking a question abut a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

IMO, if you have time to solicit information - IF you have time to delete the PM, then you have time to reply with "Thanks"

I agree 100% Next time they ask a question, return the favor :devil: Or make them paypal you $1.00 for an answer

(thumbs u

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a can this weekend. He was asking a question abut a comic.

:o

THE can?

Smells funny!

Could you explain "from a can"? Perhaps he thought he was thanking you in advance by stating "Any help would be appreciated" but yes, a thank you pm would be expected. I certainly wouldn't 'out' him as I wouldn't classify his behaviour as Mansonlike.

"from a Con (Motor City)" Yes it is possible this person considered that no more thanks were necessary.

I'm not in to "outing" anyone. Just posting my opinion on etiquette.

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a can this weekend. He was asking a question abut a comic.

THE can?

Smells funny!

lol

My bad. "From a Con" is what I meant.

THE can?

Smells funny!

lol

My bad. "From a Con" is what I meant.

seehearspeaknoevil.gif

Was gonna say who the heck shares that info?

"Hey Mike, I was sitting here thinking of you and had a question...."

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a con this weekend. He was asking a question about a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

Sounds pretty self serving to me. However, that's how you tell the real nice guys from the posers. A sincere individual hasn't forgotten his manners and responds accordingly. The above behavior is more along the lines of a one pump and dump chump in a drive by "friending."

Sounds pretty self serving to me. However, that's how you tell the real nice guys from the posers. A sincere individual hasn't forgotten his manners and responds accordingly. The above behavior is more along the lines of a one pump and dump chump in a drive by "friending."

Nicely put!

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a con this weekend. He was asking a question about a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

lol

pump and dump chump?

You sir are a poet. DrShakespearWatson I presume.

pump and dump chump?

You sir are a poet. DrShakespearWatson I presume.

Actually, I picked up that little saying from my board brother, nik. (thumbs u

From what I can gather their really was no "friend" in the equation. In life you have givers and takers. This sounds like a classic case of taking from one of the parties without having the decency to say "Thanks for allowing me to pick your brain and save money on a purchase".

From what I can gather their really was no "friend" in the equation. In life you have givers and takers. This sounds like a classic case of taking from one of the parties without having the decency to say "Thanks for allowing me to pick your brain and save money on a purchase".

Agreed. I think the kicker for me is that they deleted the pm. It wasn't like they received the pm and forgot to thank you. They got the pm and made the conscious to delete without thanking.

In all fairness, none of us are perfect and all of us have behaved badly at one time or another. This person's behaviour is less than stellar but I'm not sure it is fair to assume they are bad people.