• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

Well, ten hours on and the helmet who loves to 'use' his fellow boarders still lacks the bollocks to make apologies.

So, no manners and no balls. (thumbs u

T'wasn't me. I haven't been to a con since February...

Oh, I know it wasn't you. You couldn't receive a PM and not respond. meh

LC_2.jpg

che-guevara-lg.jpg

Hey Nik who is that pretty girl on your sig lines???

CAL who likes looking at great eye candy

Kelly Brook. :cloud9:

British?

CAL who likes British girls

Indeed. (thumbs u

Kelly50.jpg

Nice gams! :devil:

it's not easy being part of a hobby filled with so many juvenile-minded folks with a complete lack of even a modicum of an understanding of interpersonal relationships

Asperger's Syndrome???

-slym (quiet, RMA!)

Hey Nik who is that pretty girl on your sig lines???

CAL who likes looking at great eye candy

Kelly Brook. :cloud9:

British?

CAL who likes British girls

Indeed. (thumbs u

Kelly50.jpg

Nice gams! :devil:

I really don't like that dress she is wearing.

She should take it off...

-slym

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what topic you guys are on now, but back to the original topic of "Board Etiquette"

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a con this weekend. He was asking a question about a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

What ever the reason. the PM ended with "Any help would be appreciated."

I gave an honest an thorough answer.

The next thing the PMer did was "remove himself from the subject".

IMO, if you have time to solicit information - IF you have time to delete the PM, then you have time to reply with "Thanks"

It's no big deal. It's common courtesy. It's manners. :sumo:

Back on track, did we ever get a confession and apology from 'Mr Forum Nice Guy'? (shrug)

Probably too busy going around preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting.

No apology is needed anyway, if they have a clear conscience, it's all good.

Seriously, something so little from inconsequential people doesn't mean that much anyway.

You're probably right, Mike, but it would be nice for us 'marks' to know what sort of snake-oil salesman we're actually dealing with. (thumbs u

Hey gang.

I'm the wanker, snake oil salesman, helmet, the one who lacks bullocks and "Mr Forum Nice Guy" that is being talked about.

:hi:

I have no manners and no balls.

:acclaim:

I'm surprised you couldn't figure it out with all the hints, clues and innuendo that Mike dropped. It's much easier talking in circles, fertilizing the thread and basically edifying each other at the expense of actually getting your point across to whom it is actually directed to. I mean that is the point of the post isn't it? To make things better? Or maybe you did know who it was and just needed a little fun time?

I suppose him discussing it with me wouldn't have really made for good board fodder. It's much more productive the way it was posted in this thread, because maybe I would have deleted his pm because apparently, you guys have it on good word that I roll that way regularly according to some highly respected board members.

:makepoint:

I was off to bed a little while ago when someone pointed me to this thread. It's my first time looking at these posts so I apologize for not having the nads to come in here and face you all.

meh

IIRC I pm'd you Sat nite (along with a few other people) as I was on the way to the costume party (I was literally at the door), drank like a fish while there to get a miserable week behind me and most of that part of the weekend is a blur. Lou and I spent the better part of Sunday trying to piece Sat nite together between pictures and conversations that we had. A couple of members of your bee hive, of the Southern Congregation (especially the "one who doesn't drink but shall not be named") will corroborate that I was buying drinks all nite for everyone in sight including bartenders.

I'm here to apologize for not saying thank you. I honestly can't remember when I deleted the pm, whether today, yesterday or Sat-Sun. I was simply on a mission to clear my inbox and get caught up on stuff that had fallen behind badly due to a bad week.

Again, it was not intentional, and I apologize.

Maybe next time just drop me a pm if you have a problem and we can straighten it out.

I promise not to delete it until we're done.

:baiting:

If we all think we know who the offending party is.. Would this come as a REAL surprise meh

Discuss :popcorn:

He legions of sycophants woldnt believe that he could be that way anyway. Remember, he is such a good guy dispensing knowledge and wisdom from on high, telling us what information is important and isn't and just generally telling us all we need to know about the hobby. They won't believe that their hero is capable of such base douchebaggery

Arex, I thought you were classy. What happened?

Have I ever crossed you? Like seriously.

What's up your hole?

(shrug)

I'd really like to know.

Back on track, did we ever get a confession and apology from 'Mr Forum Nice Guy'? (shrug)

Probably too busy going around preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting.

Seriously, something so little from inconsequential people doesn't mean that much anyway.

:applause:

Somebody obviously has an axe to grind. What's bothering you so much that you have to go on and on about it?

Tell me. It's obviously not "all good" if you have to go on about it after saying "it's all good" and "no apology needed"

:popcorn:

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what topic you guys are on now, but back to the original topic of "Board Etiquette"

I had a well know self proclaimed nice guy send me a PM from a con this weekend. He was asking a question about a comic. The information was probably going to be used to help make an educated decision on wether or not to purchase a book. I can't be positive though.

What ever the reason. the PM ended with "Any help would be appreciated."

I gave an honest an thorough answer.

The next thing the PMer did was "remove himself from the subject".

IMO, if you have time to solicit information - IF you have time to delete the PM, then you have time to reply with "Thanks"

It's no big deal. It's common courtesy. It's manners. :sumo:

You're probably right, Mike, but it would be nice for us 'marks' to know what sort of snake-oil salesman we're actually dealing with. (thumbs u

Hey gang.

I'm the wanker, snake oil salesman, helmet, the one who lacks bullocks and "Mr Forum Nice Guy" that is being talked about.

:hi:

I have no manners and no balls.

:acclaim:

I'm surprised you couldn't figure it out with all the hints, clues and innuendo that Mike dropped. It's much easier talking in circles, fertilizing the thread and basically edifying each other at the expense of actually getting your point across to whom it is actually directed to. I mean that is the point of the post isn't it? To make things better? Or maybe you did know who it was and just needed a little fun time?

I suppose him discussing it with me wouldn't have really made for good board fodder. It's much more productive the way it was posted in this thread, because maybe I would have deleted his pm because apparently, you guys have it on good word that I roll that way regularly according to some highly respected board members.

:makepoint:

I was off to bed a little while ago when someone pointed me to this thread. It's my first time looking at these posts so I apologize for not having the nads to come in here and face you all.

meh

IIRC I pm'd you Sat nite (along with a few other people) as I was on the way to the costume party (I was literally at the door), drank like a fish while there to get a miserable week behind me and most of that part of the weekend is a blur. Lou and I spent the better part of Sunday trying to piece Sat nite together between pictures and conversations that we had. A couple of members of your bee hive, of the Southern Congregation (especially the "one who doesn't drink but shall not be named") will corroborate that I was buying drinks all nite for everyone in sight including bartenders.

I'm here to apologize for not saying thank you. I honestly can't remember when I deleted the pm, whether today, yesterday or Sat-Sun. I was simply on a mission to clear my inbox and get caught up on stuff that had fallen behind badly due to a bad week.

Again, it was not intentional, and I apologize.

Maybe next time just drop me a pm if you have a problem and we can straighten it out.

I promise not to delete it until we're done.

:baiting:

Greggy forgives you

I guessed right!!

I thought it might be you Roy because

1) you went to the Con. (enjoyed your pics by the way)

2) You came back with an enlightened attitude.

I must admit I was a l starting to second guess due to Arex's post. Rereading I think he is referring to the GPA thread? I didn't read it so I am not sure.

I have a confession to make. I think there were 2 or 3 PMs I completely forgot about responding to in the past. I meant to,but simply forgot.

Roy,

I didn't know who the boarder was when this started up...no clue.

However, I found out subsequently. I also discovered that Mike is not the only boarder who suffered at your classless hands this weekend...took what you needed then did the off without so much as a 'by your leave'.

Up until recently, I took the board whispers regarding your good self with a grain of salt.

No longer. There does indeed seem to be something of a 'me, me, me' theme running through pretty much everything you do. Shame, really, but there you go.