• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets - ????

20 posts in this topic

Do I have to reread this series from the beginning now that's it's finished or is their some website somewhere that explains the convoluted plotline - because I have to admit I got lost a while back as to who was on whose side, and honestly I don't remembe who's dead and who just disappeared from the storyline. (shrug)

I wondered the same thing since it's wrapped up and I haven't read it since #3 or 4. The Wikipedia article for the book is basic, but the links off of it are pretty instructive. One of them is a list of characters with their status and affiliation.

Thanks - the character list is actually a big help when/if I get around to rereading the series. I'll need to tighten my usual time frame for rereading comic stories I enjoyed which has traditionally been about 25-30 years after the first read.

I'm planning on a big reread once the last TPB comes out. And I'll agree it's been confusing lately.

Semi-OT, got two Eduardo Risso books signed and witnessed for Signature Series on Saturday. A 100 Bullets with a nice Dizzy cover and one of his Batmans. Probably the high point of Supercon for me.

Another title to add to the tpb list, then.

I read the first trade a couple yrs ago and thought it was pretty interesting.

A cool concept but didn't want to get wrapped up in another monthly.

Semi-OT, got two Eduardo Risso books signed and witnessed for Signature Series on Saturday. A 100 Bullets with a nice Dizzy cover and one of his Batmans. Probably the high point of Supercon for me.

Nice! That would be the highlight for me as well. He doesn't do very many shows at all.

Nice! That would be the highlight for me as well. He doesn't do very many shows at all.

There was no line for him and a crowd around a guy next to him to the right. I asked if he was Risso because I couldn't believe he was sitting there alone. When I came back with the books and Plitch as my SS witness, he was chatting in Spanish with Sergio Aragones who was to the left. Probably nice for him since his English isn't the best. I think the guy with the crowd was an X-men artist or something like that. Tragic that a talent like Risso gets ignored in favor of mutants in tights and leather.

There was no line for him and a crowd around a guy next to him to the right. I asked if he was Risso because I couldn't believe he was sitting there alone. When I came back with the books and Plitch as my SS witness, he was chatting in Spanish with Sergio Aragones who was to the left. Probably nice for him since his English isn't the best. I think the guy with the crowd was an X-men artist or something like that. Tragic that a talent like Risso gets ignored in favor of mutants in tights and leather.

i couldn't believe it either. i thought the line was for him and then realized he was just sitting there sketching and the line was for humberto ramos (i think). unfortunately, he hadn't brought any original art. i hope he finds another project that inspires him like 100 bullets, he's a terrific talent.

Just finished this series last night. Great, great read. Hard to follow sometimes because a lot of the characters look similar and there were so many killings or near killings.

Spoilers coming....

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. On the one hand, I liked the climatic ending at the Medici house and how every living character made it out for the fun, but Graves...I'm not sure how I feel about his demise. I think he deserved something a little more emotional. A little more drawn out maybe. I think I'd like to have seen the Minutemen, or those who remained anyway, have some say in how his end played out.

THAT is a very nice page. His style is so clean. Reminds me of Steve Dillon in that sense.

Thanks...figured I'd take the chance to post it (it's a commission).

Risso is much better than Dillon, IMO. But, I see what you meant about "clean". The scan does not do justice to the cleanliness of it. The inks are incredibly clean. He really takes pride in his craft.

I wish that CAF would allow image links. I've got some other Risso's that I would like to (re)post for this thread.