• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con 2009

114 posts in this topic

CGC will be there.

btw - Famous Dave's does not take reservations, even for large groups. It's first come, first served.

The following do take reservations and have a banquet room.

- Yard House - http://www.yardhouse.com

- Kings Fish House - http://www.kingsfishhouse.com/

- Gladstones - http://www.gladstoneslongbeach.com/

Any preference before I start the official thread and booking process? I'll pick by the end of the week.

I will have one booth at LBCC with a mix of GA, SA, and Bronze from $2; $5, and $10 per book boxes to priced issues in main Marvel and DC runs plus two display boards full of better books. If any of you will be able to make it to the convention, please let me know on any deep runs to bring (I will have the obvious ones). I have around 150,000 comics including lots of LBs of Modern as well. I exhibit at the Phoenix Comic Con with two 10' x 10' booths so I am going to be pressed for space and want to bring what will sell (obviously).

I did well at Terry's California show in February but most of my sales were display and GA books. What I really would like to move are some of the thousands and thousands of 4.0-9.0 SA and Bronze I have sorted into the above mentioned boxes. I would love to develop some additional contacts on the board besides the few I have met in the past 18 months. If you are close to or visiting Phoenix (four boardies have already spent time at my A/C storage units), then please contact me to schedule time to look and buy.

Any large wantlists or suggestions can be emailed to me at rrobert4_us@yahoo.com or rrobert4@cox.net. I hope to meet more members at LBCC in October.

Ed Robertson

I will have one booth at LBCC with a mix of GA, SA, and Bronze from $2; $5, and $10 per book boxes to priced issues in main Marvel and DC runs plus two display boards full of better books. If any of you will be able to make it to the convention, please let me know on any deep runs to bring (I will have the obvious ones). I have around 150,000 comics including lots of LBs of Modern as well. I exhibit at the Phoenix Comic Con with two 10' x 10' booths so I am going to be pressed for space and want to bring what will sell (obviously).

I did well at Terry's California show in February but most of my sales were display and GA books. What I really would like to move are some of the thousands and thousands of 4.0-9.0 SA and Bronze I have sorted into the above mentioned boxes. I would love to develop some additional contacts on the board besides the few I have met in the past 18 months. If you are close to or visiting Phoenix (four boardies have already spent time at my A/C storage units), then please contact me to schedule time to look and buy.

Any large wantlists or suggestions can be emailed to me at rrobert4_us@yahoo.com or rrobert4@cox.net. I hope to meet more members at LBCC in October.

Ed Robertson

if you, or any seller going to long beach has anything in my sig line, bring it.

Ed Robertson

I can certainly vouch for Ed Robertson. I have bought from him in CA and AZ, and he is one of nicest/friendliest dealers on the West Coast. His grading is good and his prices are more than fair.

Can’t wait to stop by! ^^

John,

Thanks for the props. I decided to roll the dice and picked up a 2nd booth so I will have a 10x20 jammed with around 50-60 long boxes of mostly SA and Bronze and two display boards. I picked up around 200 ECs and 50 other decent GAs recently that I will be bringing.

I am sorting and pricing daily and finding good books. I am not sure how many new really high grade books I will have that you have not seen, but there will be some for sure. I also got a few books back from C-Link to bring including a few 9.8 X-men, Superman #11CGC 7.0, Pep #13 CGC 7.5 and a few other goodies.

My big decision is whether to bring my personal ASM run from 1-400. Probably 40-50 graded out of the first 100 issues ranging from a 3.0 #1 to 9.4 #33 in grades.

See you at LBCC and hope to meet a few Board members as well. Anyone can PM me with specific wantlists. I will pull those books and attach your name if we can work it out before the Con.

Ed Robertson :takeit:

Looks like I am along the left wall towards the back at #513. Hope to meet as many of you as possible. I am working on a few want lists so let me know any needs please. Here's to a great inaugural Convention!

:applause: These are addictive!

My big decision is whether to bring my personal ASM run from 1-400. Probably 40-50 graded out of the first 100 issues ranging from a 3.0 #1 to 9.4 #33 in grades.

Do it lol

I can see your dilemma though Ed, I'm still recovering from the sensory overload I experienced at your vault (worship) I'm really looking foward to see what you bring.

Chris

I know I picked up some recently in a collection but I am already in overload with too much stuff and not enough time. Do you have certain titles or issues or any in general? I may have time in the morning to do a little digging.

Chris- I found a box with a run of Green Lantern from 76-89 in decent grade. I will have ASM 3-300 for sure and still wavering on the CGC issues including a #1 3.0 with white pages. I may have too many boxes already to fit in the trailer and the booths so I need to do some planning tonight.

Ed Robertson :)

- I found a box with a run of Green Lantern from 76-89 in decent grade. I will have ASM 3-300 for sure and still wavering on the CGC issues including a #1 3.0 with white pages

What would they grade at?