• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

If you check the "Oriental Theater" they will have "Mary Poppins" at the time of the convention if i remember correctly... The Oriental is downtown in the theater district.... (thumbs u

This show was last year....but i thought it was still running....sorry. about that.. doh!

On-site grading is done at Wizard World shows only

WHY :(

At this point in time it makes no sense why CGC would only grade at Wizard shows. The actually amount of comic creators, artist and dealers is far superior at a Reed, Baltimore or Heroes show than compared to the Wizard shows. Does Wizard own part of CGC or have some sort of secret handshake?

On-site grading is done at Wizard World shows only

WHY :(

At this point in time it makes no sense why CGC would only grade at Wizard shows. The actually amount of comic creators, artist and dealers is far superior at a Reed, Baltimore or Heroes show than compared to the Wizard shows. Does Wizard own part of CGC or have some sort of secret handshake?

and from what I've been hearing, Wizard is kind of on a downward spiral. you would think CGC would want to get into a new up and coming show that is sure to be a larger con that Wizards show(if its not already).

Hopefully they will...would love to see on-site at C2E2!

Last year WW Chicago was abandoned by Marvel, DC, and every other major publisher. It won't be a comic show in the near future, so no need for CGC to be there (thumbs u

from an e-mail yesterday --- :banana: :banana: :banana:

FORTY GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE NEXT MONTH FOR C2E2

Volunteer Application Deadline January 29th

Hang Ten! This is C2E2 and NYCC Show Manager Lance Fensterman with your weekly behind-the-scenes glimpse at what's going on in the worlds of the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo and New York Comic Con.

While my team's hard at work, I've spent the past two weeks in sunny California. Yes, you should be jealous. But besides basking in the beautiful weather, I've been meeting with show partners and am coming back with some kick-you-in-the-butt news. The trip has been fruitful, and I've got a message for you. The wait is over. You've had hopes and prayers that C2E2 would be a rocking show, and I'm proud to say you don't need to have faith any longer, as we're ready to show and tell. Over the next month, we will announce over 40 more guests for C2E2! We'll be coming at you week after week with awesome news that we've been dying to tell you about. Next week is when it all begins. Before then, some other cool things we've got going on...

Leukemia Lymphoma Society Comics Party

Support a great cause while you have some drinks, meet comic artists and maybe even win some amazing giveaways.

Ink-Fusion Tattoo Pavilion

Have a Batman tattoo? Want to get one? Need to add to your body art? The Ink-Fusion Tattoo Festival will be home to some of the best tattoo artists from around the country.

C2E2 iPhone App

The C2E2 App is live and updated with even more content. You can find it on the App Store by searching for "C2E2", or download it here. Search lists of guests, exhibitors, events and more from anywhere, including the show floor.

Volunteer Applications Ending Soon

Only 9 days left to send in your C2E2 Volunteer Application! The deadline is January 29th so if you want to be a part of the team, this is your chance.

Keep up with the latest NYCC and C2E2 news on our official blog -- www.mediumatlarge.net -- as well as follow both shows on twitter -- @ny_comic_con and @c2e2.

And don't forget to get your ticket to C2E2! Buy now!

Lance Fensterman

Show Manager

NYCC & C2E2

I think if the convention organizers hook cgc up with space to do their grading and slabbing that cgc would jump on it.

***cough cough***

yodude

***cough cough***

Too funny.

Got the word . . . maybe on-site grading next year . . . sigh.

It's the weekend bros. It hit 40 degrees here at the lab and that is get the flip-snot outside weather.

We may have covered this but a good Italian place -

Club Lago

owned by: GianCarlo and Guido Nardini (collects original comic art)

331 W. Superior Street

Chicago, IL 60610

(312) 951-2849

http://www.clublago.com/

I think if the convention organizers hook cgc up with space to do their grading and slabbing that cgc would jump on it.

***cough cough***

yodude

***cough cough***

Too funny.

Well that stinks. :P

***cough cough***

yodude

***cough cough***

Too funny.

:cry: