• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic-Con International, July 22-26

197 posts in this topic

Okay, since I ran out of time and Witnesses, how about some requests?

I'd love a Creepy #1 Powell variant cover signed by as many as possible, Cap #601 by Colan and Brubaker, Cap #601 Djurdjevic variant by Colan and Brubaker and Djurdjevic if he's there, Air #1 by Wilson and Perker, Locke and Key Head Games #1 Jet Pack variant by Hill, Goon Vs. Deathklok (both covers) by Powell and Schnepp.

I'd also kill for an Invincible Iron Man #1 photo cover by Robert Downey Jr., but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I know.....it's a Christmas wish list. lol

I'm not likely to score any of this, but if I don't put it out the I definitely won't get any of it.......

Almost done window bagging...

Sharon has spent the last week making over 700 taped window bags.. Our house looks like a bomb went off in it right now with plastic bags, boards and boxs of comics everywhere. So see you in SD Danny.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I'll be at the con, and happy to witness for anyone there. I'll do my best to accommodate any requests. I think I can match Kris' rate of 35.00 per modern, 45.00 per economy. Call or text my cell phone at 469-236-2819. I'll definitely hit Robinson, Moldoff, Colan, Heath, and Lew Schwartz. I'll try to get Groening and a few other "modern" guys too. Creators like Robinson who charge for their signatures may incur a modest additional surcharge. Just let me know if I can help....

-Ben Samuels

P.S. Check my eBay store for some decent already-signed CGC SS books:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/aracona

Okay, since I ran out of time and Witnesses, how about some requests?

I'd love a Creepy #1 Powell variant cover signed by as many as possible, Cap #601 by Colan and Brubaker, Cap #601 Djurdjevic variant by Colan and Brubaker and Djurdjevic if he's there, Air #1 by Wilson and Perker, Locke and Key Head Games #1 Jet Pack variant by Hill, Goon Vs. Deathklok (both covers) by Powell and Schnepp.

I'd also kill for an Invincible Iron Man #1 photo cover by Robert Downey Jr., but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I know.....it's a Christmas wish list. lol

I'm not likely to score any of this, but if I don't put it out the I definitely won't get any of it.......

I've got another SUPER-STAR Witness helping me out on these last-minute requests! I didn't know there was a Cap #601 B&W variant, so add it to the list!

lol

THANK YOU CHANDLER AND SHARON!

Gaiman is doing ONE signing at Comic Con on Friday for 1 hour. Basically, you have to line up Friday morning and wait in line to draw a ticket. About 80-100 people who draw a marked ticket can come back to get in line and get 1 item signed. They did this 2 years ago, I was one of the lucky ones.

I am sure witnesses at the show will try for a signature. Just be advised the odds are not in our favor. :| (FYI to witnesses/fans going, be at the Autograph Area upstairs by 9:15 am Friday morning to draw for a ticket, AA2 is where the signing will take place)

Joel

The lottery ticket method is a lot more orderly than a huge line that gets cut off a few people ahead of you after you've waited for hours. The ticket allows you to go to the panel without worrying if you will get a signature or not, and gets the talent out of there in a reasonable amount of time.

I am hoping that maybe Neil will agree to do something with the CBLDF, as I am already bringing Sandman and Death books for Dave McKean and Chris Bachalo. We will have to wait and see.

It looks like Colan cancelled over the weekend, the con updated the website Sunday.

Joel

The lottery ticket method is a lot more orderly than a huge line that gets cut off a few people ahead of you after you've waited for hours. The ticket allows you to go to the panel without worrying if you will get a signature or not, and gets the talent out of there in a reasonable amount of time.

I am hoping that maybe Neil will agree to do something with the CBLDF, as I am already bringing Sandman and Death books for Dave McKean and Chris Bachalo. We will have to wait and see.

It looks like Colan cancelled over the weekend, the con updated the website Sunday.

Joel

I dont read that Colan has cancelled on the website and read that he has been cleared to go now? Does anyone else see him as being cancelled?

looks like Gene Colan cancelled

The word I got from Gene today is he is getting on a plane Wednesday or Friday at the latest. he missed his flight today but is make other arrangements. That is per an e-mail from him today.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Gaiman is doing ONE signing at Comic Con on Friday for 1 hour. Basically, you have to line up Friday morning and wait in line to draw a ticket. About 80-100 people who draw a marked ticket can come back to get in line and get 1 item signed. They did this 2 years ago, I was one of the lucky ones.

I am sure witnesses at the show will try for a signature. Just be advised the odds are not in our favor. :| (FYI to witnesses/fans going, be at the Autograph Area upstairs by 9:15 am Friday morning to draw for a ticket, AA2 is where the signing will take place)

Joel

If ANYONE does this, please contact me, I'll make it worth your while.

By the way, if I was going to SDCC, I'd probably guarantee a meet n' greet with Gaiman, as I did last year at the Book Expo. Owning a bookstore does have some perks guys. So remember this when I'm asking for favors :baiting:

I'm a witness,and I am going to SDCC.

Now,the caveot for me is, I have my own booth, in indy publisher pavillion.

Both #1907

Jot that down,sig series people.

I'm pretty much at my booth the whole show, allowing myself only a few trips away maybe twice a day for food, a few sigs but that's it.

Because the trip and booth is so costly, I can't afford to wander the show.

That being said, I know what it's like to try and get some s/s books, so if any boardies need a witness, I can limit myself to a couple per day.

That being said, if you can just help ME by agreeing to wait in the line, call me on my cell when you get close to the front, and I'll witness your book.

I have to limit myself, so please PM me first.

I can help out about 10 boardies, so let's try to organize it in a (oh, an orderly fashion).

I'll get with you on what you need, you fill out your paperwork with Kevin at the CGC booth. Come see me when it's time, and we'll get 'er done.

The people that I want to get s/s for are Marv Wolfman, Eastman & Laird, Sergio Argonies (sp?), McFarlane, Terry Moore, Jeff Smith (ha), Mignola, Doug Mench, Bill Sienciviecz (sp). And I undertand that Matt Groenig will be around, so any help you guys can give ME to putting my own smack down on these cats would rock. I've been trying to get Jeff Smith for almost 15 years now, and it's increasingly frustrating. And I just don't have the patience to wait in lines all day anymore.

So...ten boardies looking for some help...LMK....I am at booth 1907 all week, we'll set something up, we'll fill out the paperwork with Kevin and I'll witness your books.

PLEASE...don't throw 30, 50 books at me.

Rich,

Tell Jeff Smith your friends with the Ohio guy that took his picture with Slash last year at the Book Expo. He may not remember, but you never know.

Someone get me some SS books, and I'll make it worth your weight in books. One of the things I'm working on this fall is a Stephen King Signing...

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but I can't find it. What will CGC's booth number be at the show?