• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL MANIAC'S PGM VINTAGE BOOKS WITH VINTAGE PRICE STICKERS THREAD

6 posts in this topic

here's a copy of hulk #115 that i bought back in 1983. the $1.50 sticker shown below the front cover is the original price tag from back then. actually, i saved many of my old price tags back in the day for some reason (and sometimes wrote down the purchase date as well). I, of course, changed the comic bags several times over untill i finally broke down and bought mylar bags long ago (i would simply place the old price sticker on the back of the new bag). did anyone else save their old price tags as well? I'll keep this thread going with new additions of vintage books i own with their original price stickers shown. most of these books are copes of the incredible hulk and the fantastic four since these were the first vintage books i bought when i seriously began buying back issues around 1983. the hulk #115 shown is fairly represenitive of the condition of many of these two titles (altho some are actually better) which i bought from a store called "collectors connection" based in duluth, mn. i believe many of the hulks and ff's i own were originally bought from the same collector (who sold them to the same said comic shop sometime around '82-83) because they are all in basically the same brand-new condition showing superb gloss and off-white paper with a "brand-new and fresh" feel while holding them. it's hard today to believe, but even $1.50 seemed like a lot of money back then! i've always loved the cover to hulk #115 along with other herb trimpe's hulk covers. feel free to give your opinions of grades and feel free to post vintage books if you still have the original price sticker to feature as well. up next: fantastic four #52 at a cost of $6.50!!!

3552276382_5ea9c2710c_o.jpg

8.5/9.0

The only old price stickers I have are ones attached to mylar - and even then they don't always refer to the book that's inside. I usually remember within a fairly close range what I paid for most books in my collection without keeping a record.