• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored then Unrestored?

25 posts in this topic

I purchased the comic from John Pires of Vault Comics.

I have to say I bought a large number of RAW comics over quite a few years from John - all except this ST103 came back unrestored from CGC.

:o

I'm surprised...John was usually a very good grader and an extremely reliable guy on resto detection. :(

I have to say I bought a large number of RAW comics over quite a few years from John - all except this ST103 came back unrestored from CGC.

I'm surprised...John was usually a very good grader and an extremely reliable guy on resto detection. :(

Sorry to hear about this Alan. :(

John's a tight grader, it's not like him to miss a colour touch.

So why prof and not amateur color touch? My curiosity is piqued

It's not always the case, but usually a professional job will use paints and/or other materials for CT. An amateur might only use a Sharpie.

(thumbs u

-slym

Sorry to hear about this Alan. :(

John's a tight grader, it's not like him to miss a colour touch.

It is easy to miss Professional CT.

CAL who has missed some in his days...

I have submitted about 40 books to CGC that I bought from John/Vault. This is the only book that came back "bad". Despite my disappointment at the book being originally designated by CGC as restored, I cannot really fault a 97+% resto spot rate - although thank goodness it was not a "bigger book".