• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1st appearance of War Machine...

7 posts in this topic

Is Iron Man 282 I believe?

I'm having trouble finding this, surely it's not rare? Has the character become so popular that the comic is worth more and hard to find now? or is it around for a good price still? I'm just curious.

Here's some of what I found online:

List of important War Machine/Jim Rhodes issues

First appearance (Iron Man #118, 1979)

James Rhodes back story (Iron Man #144, 1981)

First became Iron Man (Iron Man #169, 1983)

Battled The Mandarin (Iron Man 180-181, 1984)

Battled Tony Stark in clash of Iron Men (Iron Man #192, 1985)

Almost killed during Earth re-entry (Iron Man #216, 1987)

Became CEO of Stark Enterprises and became Iron Man again (Iron Man #284, 1992)

Quit Stark Enterprises, went off on own as War Machine (Iron Man #291, 1993)

From what I've seen, not a lot of movement in this area, though I'm sure there will be a little bit of a hiccup in sales as IM 2 approaches. I think the real behemoth to tackle is going after ToS 39 as that book I think is going to really continue to pick up steam (and it really IS a good read!)

The 282 is easy to find. The movie is bumping up the price from what I've seen recently. My friend picked up a 9.8 last year for around $30 and now they are selling for around $80+

Yes 282 is when Jim Rhodes first wears the outfit. There is another earlier issue where armor is up on the wall in the background. Weird, I know.

The 282 is easy to find. The movie is bumping up the price from what I've seen recently. My friend picked up a 9.8 last year for around $30 and now they are selling for around $80+

Yes 282 is when Jim Rhodes first wears the outfit. There is another earlier issue where armor is up on the wall in the background. Weird, I know.

I sold my 9.8 for $250. It will be a great book to have in the coming months.