• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Stories 8-1928 1st Buck Rogers! High Grade Pulp Grail! - CLOSED

15 posts in this topic

I'm listing a beautiful copy of Amazing Stories vol. 3 no. 5 from August 1928. Contains the first appearance of Buck Rogers in any medium in the story "Armageddon 2419 AD" by Philip Nowlan. Also, has part 1 of "The Skylark of Space" by E. E. "Doc" Smith, considered to be the first "space opera."

It has gorgeous colors, a bright clean cover, full spine, very nice page quality - supple and ow with slight toning at the edges. There is a light, almost invisible crease in the upper right corner that can only be seen in a raking light, slight corner wear, and a dust shadow on the bottom of the bc. Sadly this otherwise beautiful copy has a flaw that knocks it down (but also makes it affordable) - an ad with a coupon was torn out along the right edge of one of the interior pages (see pic below). It does not effect a story, but does effect the right side of one of the letter columns. Regardless, this is a sweet copy and I promise whoever ends up with it will not be disappointed. SOLD!

I will happily entertain PM offers, but :takeit: trumps all.

AmazingStories1928-08fcsm.jpg

(Note: the image isn't intentionally cropped - it's an oversized bedsheet pulp that barely fits on the scanner)

I'm listing a beautiful copy of Amazing Stories vol. 3 no. 5 from August 1928. Contains the first appearance of Buck Rogers in any medium in the story "Armageddon 2419 AD" by Philip Nowlan. Also, has part 1 of "The Skylark of Space" by E. E. "Doc" Smith, considered to be the first "space opera."

It has gorgeous colors, a bright clean cover, full spine, very nice page quality - supple and ow with slight toning at the edges. There is a light, almost invisible crease in the upper right corner that can only be seen in a raking light, slight corner wear, and a dust shadow on the bottom of the bc. Sadly this otherwise beautiful copy has a flaw that knocks it down (but also makes it affordable) - an ad with a coupon was torn out along the right edge of one of the interior pages (see pic below). It does not effect a story, but does effect the right side of one of the letter columns. Regardless, this is a sweet copy and I promise whoever ends up with it will not be disappointed.

I will happily entertain PM offers, but :takeit: trumps all.

(Note: the image isn't intentionally cropped - it's an oversized bedsheet pulp that barely fits on the scanner)

What can you do about the disappointment of not being able to buy it? (shrug)