• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #4 AND FF #6

13 posts in this topic

o.k. I have a couple books that I wanna get regraded by cgc. I wanna get some opinions on what you might think they will come back as. If you think they'll grade close to what they are now, I think it will be worth the effort.

First up, an ASM #4 graded by the "other" guys as a 5.0. I'm thinking of getting the book pressed due to the light crease running down the entire right side of the book. on the right side of the crease the paper almost looks like there was maybe moisture damage but I can't tell for sure.

img002.jpg

ASM4.jpg

Second book, a FF #6 is in the old ccgroup world holder and was graded a 6.5. Any marks you see running throught the title are on the holder.Thanks guys for your feedback. (thumbs u

img004.jpg

FF6.jpg

The ASM is not worth getting pressed. With staining on the front and back from the water damage, rusty staples with migration and tear UFRC, I doubt if it would come back higher than a 4.0.

The ASM is not worth getting pressed. With staining on the front and back from the water damage, rusty staples with migration and tear UFRC, I doubt if it would come back higher than a 4.0.

thanks. I felt the ASM was overgraded but wasn't exactly sure how much so. I thought the FF maybe had a shot at a 6.0 and would be very happy if it came back at that. I leaning more towards just sending in the FF as i'm more confident it will get a decent grade. the ASM is probably just better left the way it is I guess.

I agree the first book will definitly drop. 4.0 seems about right.

The second book looks to be 6.0/6.5. I don't expect it will grade higher then that.

CGC is very tough on water damage and staining--I've seen them drop a grade 1.0-2.0 points on an otherwise nice book, structurally :P

Nice books though :) Two of my favorites from the SA (thumbs u

Both books look over-graded.

ASM 4 = 4.0

FF 6 = 5.0

CGC is very tough on water damage and staining--I've seen them drop a grade 1.0-2.0 points on an otherwise nice book, structurally :P

Nice books though :) Two of my favorites from the SA (thumbs u

(thumbs u

It looks like they slabbed the FF 6 with the back corner turned over. doh!

I agree with the consensus. The Spidey is a max of 4.0 with the water damage and rust, but the FF looks nice and could get a 6.0. And a CGC 6.0 would be worth a lot more than a PGX 6.5...

Great issues, wish I owned both of them!