• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how does your partner rate?

Comic Collecting Freedom Poll  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Collecting Freedom Poll

91 posts in this topic

my wife is a 10. She supported my hasty decision to dip into savings and purchase a creased, unslabbed book of unknown origin for $2000, sold by someone I had met before only through the Internet. She knew I wanted it.

(The book was an Amazing Fantasy 15 that came back from CGC a blue label 5.0) :cloud9:

Result (thumbs u

This is a tough one. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years now and we both plan on getting married probably in about a year. She doesn't really have a problem with me buying comics, but she feels that if I spend $1000 on a comic, that I should have no problem buying her a gift of $1000. meh Needless to say, most of my comic buys usually go unspoken.

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

That's why when we purchased our house I called basement.

I really didn't care what she did with the rest of the house. So now we have quilts hanging all over the place.

Reminds me of the old phrase. Quilt while you are ahead.

my girlfriend actually pushes me to pursue higher grade slabs and pedigrees :grin:

Me too She helps me with grading on a comic I'm purchasing.I think if people share their hobby with their spouse,and make them feel a part of it all,it can actually bring you closer. :foryou:

My husband's wife, loves comics:)

oh and :news: (for the one who posted this...;) women have been wearing pants for a few years, now;)

:roflmao: Not in my house :sumo:

hmSo you don't live with any women;)?

I have my wife and collecting in perfect balance,thank you :cloud9:

oh and :news: (for the one who posted this...;) women have been wearing pants for a few years, now;)

and I'm sure SHE feels the same way about you... :foryou:

My wife isn't into comics, but she respects my life-long love of them. I have a "man fort" where I keep all my hobbies and obsessions in one place. It's called an "office", but it's really a "man fort"

Now I know why you have an Ex Husband :baiting:

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

That's why when we purchased our house I called basement.

I really didn't care what she did with the rest of the house. So now we have quilts hanging all over the place.

Reminds me of the old phrase. Quilt while you are ahead.

That's a good one, I'll tell her that tomorrow, she'll love it.

Here is what I got 2 years ago for my birthday:

Superman.jpg

Here is what she got me last year:

DSCN6364.jpg

DSCN6366.jpg

Yeah she's on board. :grin:

Now I know why you have an Ex Husband :baiting:

He's standing behind me, shaking his head...he's OK with the comics, it's the Chatboard :baiting: