• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how does your partner rate?

Comic Collecting Freedom Poll  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Collecting Freedom Poll

91 posts in this topic

My wife isn't into comics, but she respects my life-long love of them. I have a "man fort" where I keep all my hobbies and obsessions in one place. It's called an "office", but it's really a "man fort"

:roflmao: "Man fort."

:gossip: Actually, that's another way of saying that she let's you have one room in the whole damned house.

My girlfriend is still at that stage where she good naturedly laughs at my purchasing habits. If we ever shack up and mix bank accounts I bet it will be a different story. :eek:

My husband's wife, loves comics:)

oh and :news: (for the one who posted this...;) women have been wearing pants for a few years, now;)

:roflmao: Not in my house :sumo:

hmSo you don't live with any women;)?

I have my wife and collecting in perfect balance,thank you :cloud9:

and I'm sure SHE feels the same way about you... :foryou:

Now I know why you have an Ex Husband :baiting:

He's standing behind me, shaking his head...he's OK with the comics, it's the Chatboard :baiting:

It's all in good fun :baiting: seriously I've got her in check :devil:

My wife isn't into comics, but she respects my life-long love of them. I have a "man fort" where I keep all my hobbies and obsessions in one place. It's called an "office", but it's really a "man fort"

:roflmao: "Man fort."

:gossip: Actually, that's another way of saying that she let's you have one room in the whole damned house.

My girlfriend is still at that stage where she good naturedly laughs at my purchasing habits. If we ever shack up and mix bank accounts I bet it will be a different story. :eek:

I believe this comes down to the old phrase a woman belongs in the kitchen and the man belongs in his man fort. Ok.....not that old a phrase but it's tough to top quilt while you're ahead. I'm proud of that one.

This is a tough one. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years now and we both plan on getting married probably in about a year. She doesn't really have a problem with me buying comics, but she feels that if I spend $1000 on a comic, that I should have no problem buying her a gift of $1000. meh Needless to say, most of my comic buys usually go unspoken.

As a married man of almost 25 years I had to laugh at the comment about spending the same on her as you do the comics. I hope you don't think that will change after you are married ?!?

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

That's why when we purchased our house I called basement.

DSCN6285.jpg

:gossip: your Subby is crooked

Are those actual comics in the frames, or just printouts of scans?

Must be just prints, as the Nova #1 is 1.5 times the size of the slabbed Hulk #102.

Still a very cool display!

My wife is great about it, but I can't give her "high grade". I think that should be reserved for a partner who loves and collects comics on their own. She humors me, and listens very patiently with this adorable little smile on her face, but she don't read 'em.

When we bought our house, she insisted that I have a comic room. (Sidebar for those not in a long term relationship; this is not as altruistic as it sounds. They just want the comic out of the way) When we were at the buying a ring stage, she made me promise not to sell any comics for finance. To this day she won't let me sell anything other than extras, and money's a bit tight right now. Even so, she let me buy a Detective 64 recently.

I even got a Showcase #4 as my wedding gift!

Are those actual comics in the frames, or just printouts of scans?

Must be just prints, as the Nova #1 is 1.5 times the size of the slabbed Hulk #102.

Still a very cool display!

^^

All displays are scans of books that I own. The exception being the Action 252, I liked the cover so much I just had to copy it from ebay. Someday I'll own a copy, but for now the scan will do.

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

That's why when we purchased our house I called basement.

DSCN6283.jpg

Hey. My wife purchased those same stamps for me that you have framed on that coffee table. They are sitting right here on my computer desk. The top 10 stamps are marvel characters and the bottom 10 are Marvel silver age covers.

I would rate my wife a 9.

She lets me have my own room, which of course as most of you have stated, works out great for her as well, because my stuff is not hanging in the den. lol

I purchased my fist piece of original art the other day and as soon as she saw it she said,

"We will have to take that and get it framed for you."

So, all in all, no complaints here.

My wife simply rocks, completely supports my comic hobby and encourages me to go to shows and buy books. She was actually looking around for a TOS 39 to buy me for Christmas - I told her to not buy me any expensive comics since she knows what the book is and has very little knowledge about grading.

I have a separate bank account for buying books, am building my own "man fort" in garage, and my wife will even occasionally accompany me to the LCS. She's even read Watchmen and likes going to comic movies with me.

My wife is definitely gem mint where it comes to my comic collecting. I just don't get the wives who get down on the collecting :screwy: In the end, if it comes down to my comics or my wife - my wife will win hands down every time. (worship)

:gossip: It's easy to say that as I know I will never be given that ultimatum from the wife.

:whistle:

My husband's wife, loves comics:)

oh and :news: (for the one who posted this...;) women have been wearing pants for a few years, now;)

:roflmao: Not in my house :sumo:

:gossip:She may not wear the pants, but who does she make wear the leash? :baiting:

6.0 - 8.5 - It's OK just a bit frayed around the edges

My wife is tired of bumping into tuppies and long boxes in my "ebay/sales thread" zone near my office/cubbie hole. Oh, she is also tired of our cats knocking stacks books off the headboard onto her head when she is asleep. :eek:

I see a hidden problem here. Our headboard would never hold stacks of comics. It's definitely wide enough they would just shaken off all the time! :shy:

4.0 due to "moisture" stain :baiting:

My wife is tired of bumping into tuppies and long boxes in my "ebay/sales thread" zone near my office/cubbie hole. Oh, she is also tired of our cats knocking stacks books off the headboard onto her head when she is asleep. :eek:

I see a hidden problem here. Our headboard would never hold stacks of comics. It's definitely wide enough they would just shaken off all the time! :shy:

:sick:

:sick:

Did I just read that.. :eek: