• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need opinions from you guys!! Goon Page I purchase has been damaged. :(

13 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

So I'm recently new to the O.A. world, and thought I'd ask everyone's opinions. I recently purchase a Goon page on ebay. I'm a big fan of the series, and really wanted this piece. Anyways the priority box showed up, it was a thin priority box that it was shipped in. The upper part of the box was all bent, hence the upper left hand of the page being bent. If you notice in the link provided, you'll see that its mostly dark black in that corner, so the damage isnt' terribly noticeable. I've emailed the seller 4 times, no emails back. Not even an apology, which is all I was really looking for.

So now I've filed a paypal claim. I'm torn though, as I think I want to keep the page, but it's damaged. What do you guys think?? Opinions on this would be very helpful, thanks.

I do want to note, that after 10 days of no contact, and 4 emails I regretfully left negative feedback for him today.

Nick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150343262516&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

How much of the corner is bent?

How badly? Ink loss?

Got a pic of how it looks now?

I got THIS PAGE in a bubblewrap envelope the postman decided to fit into my p.o. box. SOmetimes it sucks dealing with people that dont know how to properly package OA, but as you can see, I kept the page anyway and never dealt with the seller again.

I didn't read the FB you gave him, but if you warned other of his crummy tactics, got the page you paid for, call it a "win" and move on.

my 2c

How badly? Ink loss?

I got THIS PAGE in a bubblewrap envelope the postman decided to fit into my p.o. box. SOmetimes it sucks dealing with people that dont know how to properly package OA, but as you can see, I kept the page anyway and never dealt with the seller again.

I didn't read the FB you gave him, but if you warned other of his crummy tactics, got the page you paid for, call it a "win" and move on.

my 2c

Hi,

I'll post pics I took of the priority package and page. Funny you write in here, as I was just looking at your K. Jone's Batman page, almost bought it today lol.

Let's see a scan of the damage. My first impression is to keep the art, as it's a nice page, and this damage seems minor. But, let's see a scan before we make any final decisions/recommendations.

How badly? Ink loss?

my 2c

Hi,

I'll post pics I took of the priority package and page. Funny you write in here, as I was just looking at your K. Jone's Batman page, almost bought it today lol.

You should have bought it, or placed a bid at least. It wouldn't have arrived damaged, I can guarantee you that ! :gossip:

How badly? Ink loss?

my 2c

Hi,

You should have bought it, or placed a bid at least. It wouldn't have arrived damaged, I can guarantee you that ! :gossip:

I really wanted to. :( I've purchased way too much O.A. in the last month though. Thats a sweet Batman 3 you have up too!!

Very sorry to hear about that, Nick. I was the previous owner of this page. The only noticeable damage when I had it was a partially detached word balloon. No big deal. Hope the bend isn't too bad...will wait to see the pics. If it's any consolation, this page cost you a lot less than it originally cost me and the Ebay seller!

We've got to see the damage.

I have bought and traded and sold plenty of pages with condition issues and had pieces bent and creased in shipping. So it depends on how much it detracts from it when you look at it.

If you ever get into collecting art that was created before 1990, there will be more pages that have issues than don't.

At the end of the day, it's an original piece of art, you can't really replace it with the exact same thing.

If it's any consolation you got that page for probably $400 under what I consider market to be. I missed the end of that auction otherwise it would have gone for more to be sure. So unless it's creased down the middle you should keep the page, stick it in a mylar with a board behind it and put it in a portfolio and see if it flattens out over time.

Best,

Chris

Hi everyone,

Do you guys suggest trying to scan this, or a dig. camera? I've taken a look at this damage again. I tried puttin heavy books around masonite pieces, and inbetween had tracing paper, and then put the page, which was in plastic, inbetween. Seems to have helped an awful lot, almost unnoticeable, and no damage has been created from me trying this.

I'll take pics now, and you can all see what I'm talking about.

Here's the page, again I guess this quick fix it kindof worked.

Goonpage.jpg

But these pics will give you a bit more of an idea of what exactly happened.

Nick-Packaging011.jpg

Nick-Packaging009.jpg

Anyways thanks for the suggestions everyone, and the comments.

I don't see any damage. I received a piece SEVERELY damaged once and I put it between foamcore and put the foamcore between two pieces of masonite and put it under my bed. It looks a lot better now. It is in a portfolio now and seems to get better over time with weight of other pages "pressing" out the wrinkles! :o