• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could Detective 27 one day replace Action 1 as the #1 GA book?

97 posts in this topic

how can anyone take Cap Marvel serious as a character when his "hook" is that he's really a 9 year old boy? That high concept is wayyy outdated. Especially now that kids arent the primary comics audience any more.

I think if it was pitched as "Big" with a superhero theme, someone might bite.

thats an interesting approach. What works for me about is that he would only change ONCE early on, and not change back til the end. My comment was along the lines of watching a kid changing back and forth for 2 hours.... a kid becoming a grown up at will to fight crime, as opposed to being "trapped" as a grown up with the mind of a kid.

anyway, bottom line, ANY stupid concept can still be interesting IF written well!

how can anyone take Cap Marvel serious as a character when his "hook" is that he's really a 9 year old boy? That high concept is wayyy outdated. Especially now that kids arent the primary comics audience any more.

I think if it was pitched as "Big" with a superhero theme, someone might bite.

That's kind of how he was handled for the Justice League animated series and it worked pretty well I thought.

given that Batman has been a far more popular character than Superman for quite some time now, if it was going to happen it would have already. I think Action 1's ultimate key status as the book that started it all (as far as superheroes go) is enshrined and won't be overtaken.
(thumbs u

The more interesting question is how we determine which book is THE book definitively now. In theory, it's a lot cloudier now than when everybody would just look at what guide said. We have actual sales data, but as was mentioned previously direct numerical comparisons may be misleading, and with just a handful of recent sales to look at during any given period, it might sometimes be difficult to make a definitive call by the numbers.

well. 2 years ago a 6.0 Tec sold for under 200K.

and the 6.0 Action just sold for 317K

thats a pretty good basis for comparison.

I see no reason to believe Tec has usurped Action again right now. But maybe it might again someday. Briefly. As has been pointed out, we might see a 9.4 AF 15 eclipse ALL sales records pretty soon.... all except our fantasy pricing for the books that will never come up for sale.

I see no reason to believe Tec has usurped Action again right now. But maybe it might again someday. Briefly. As has been pointed out, we might see a 9.4 AF 15 eclipse ALL sales records pretty soon.... all except our fantasy pricing for the books that will never come up for sale.

last year a tec 7.0 pushed $255K...action 1 still seems to demand more $'s

last year a tec 7.0 pushed $255K...action 1 still seems to demand more $'s

Wonder what that same Tec copy would sell for today? My guess is more as its not a book you see offered for sale at that grade every day. Batman is much more popular these days than Superman but Action #1 obviously still has more significance.

well, it is no secret that Action 1 is the #1 book on my want list right now....

Third time lucky? That 2.5 is going to be a lot more expensive than the 1.8.

it does present better than the 1.8, no doubt.., but without the taped covers, it is really a 1.5 (like the tec 27 in the last heritage)....that said, it will go for what it goes for and I will take it as high as I can (thumbs u

well, it is no secret that Action 1 is the #1 book on my want list right now....

it does present better than the 1.8, no doubt.., but without the taped covers, it is really a 1.5 (like the tec 27 in the last heritage)....that said, it will go for what it goes for and I will take it as high as I can (thumbs u

How high? :insane:

$65.87 might do it :wishluck:

$65.87 might do it :wishluck:

:wishluck: Well, so far you are 0/2 with the Actions this year. Hopefully you can go 1/3