• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15

25 posts in this topic

We had this debate a while ago about a 7.0-7.5 copy, and most seemed to think in that case just to leave the book alone if you had any inclination to sell the book in the future. It was after that we saw a huge premium on a 6.0 or 6.5 copy. Nevertheless, to me 5.0 is right on the edge, because it's already such an expensive book to begin with. On the other hand, at worst I think the signature would have no affect on the value of the book, such that the book would sell for about the same as a blue label. If you would be getting the book signed because you want a copy signed by Stan, then by all means do so. Just keep in mind that you are always risking a drop in grade, and if you're not willing to live with a 4.5 copy signed by Stan, then just leave it alone.

for sure get that signed, its mid grade, and its expensive but its not like its the last copy in existance, itd look sweet and there's some nice space for sig placement, perfect cover for a stan sig

Congrats on having such a great book. Stan would sign it perfectly, don't worry about that (see scan below). The bigger question is the potential grade drop, which can amount to thousands of dollars. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

In the future I plan on also getting a higher grade copy, but will keep that strictly all-original. I've seen a 6.0 enjoy a great price jump with Stan's sig, but not sure that is repeatable. This is typically where he signs this book:

af15.jpg

I've never seen him sign the book anywhere else. I too plan on keeping this one for the sig and someday getting a higher graded copy and keeping it blue label.

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

If it was my luck, Stan would mess up his sig, draw a big cockroach over it, then sign it across Spidey's face. :eek:

If you want his sig on an AF15, I say get a lower grade one. I wouldn't let him sign one over a 2.0.

I would say do it , but make sure its not in a bad spot (like he did to one of my Hulks- signed over his face-- :mad: ), make sure 100% that does NOT happen with the witness you go with. And if that is done , then you can hope and pray you can sneak a signature from Steve and you have a 10X over guide book.

I've SORELY tempted to send my copy in to get signed but I'm less worried about what it will look like (as Stan does tend only to sign in that one space), but am more concerned about the book getting mishandled, damaged, etc. I've NEVER had a single witness give me reason that this might happen (and I've worked with a healthy number of them here), but still--the idea of sending a 4-figure book that is also my grail book is a bit nerve wracking. :eek:

I've SORELY tempted to send my copy in to get signed but I'm less worried about what it will look like (as Stan does tend only to sign in that one space), but am more concerned about the book getting mishandled, damaged, etc. I've NEVER had a single witness give me reason that this might happen (and I've worked with a healthy number of them here), but still--the idea of sending a 4-figure book that is also my grail book is a bit nerve wracking. :eek:

I have sent some of my biggest books, and no problems. If this was the case then no witnesses would exist. And it would be disallowed by cgc.

It's not so much a mishandling issue (though anything is possible), it's more a risk of a lower grade on such a grail that could cost thousands. You just never know what CGC will do. I've learned the hard way that the risk is real, no more so than when I sent in my previously graded 4.0 JIM 83 (out of slab for 24 hours and handled tenderly by myself) and had it come back 3.5 after adding stan's sig. I've also had a few bumps up, so over the long run for me, it has balanced out. However, a cosmic sense of balance is not going to help you if your AF 15 drops a half point.

Bill.