• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Robin - Say it ain't so! [spoilers]

40 posts in this topic

I'll give this a try, after sitting out all the battle for the cowl hoopla. zzz

:gossip: And I'm pretty sure we're supposed to dislike Damian.

Reading the interview linked by The Brain, I was struck by this (admittedly self-serving) tidbit from Morrison:

Having just heard our advance orders for the first printing are the highest DC's had in the last few years

Even if we're supposed to dislike Damian, there needs to be some hook to keep us readers involved and interested. Look at characters like Hannibal Lechter, Humbert Humbert, or, froma comic book perspective, the Joker or Dr. Doom. None of these guys are anyone I'd want to invite over for dinner, but each one is a despicable character that we love. Damian has none of the qualities that any of these characters have. He is merely a disagreeable vile little child who needs the Joker crowbar treatment. Or to be retconned away by Geoff Johns. He should be shelved and forgotten once Grant Morrison is finished raping Batman.

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with Dini's books. If they went more that route, modern with a Silver-Age feel, I'd be all about it.

Pat

I'd love to see Dini take over Batman. At the very least we'd get good stories and more Zatanna. That's a win-win situation in my book.

Thank you Grant Morrison for completely destroying the books I loved. You big, stupid, Scottish wanker (thumbs u

Speaking of which, isn`t time for American writers to start writing our American icons again? The British Invasion of writers was cool and good in the 1980`s with the dark n gritty doomed future stuff but this is 2009 and this country is all about hope and a better future for our children. Enough is Enough with the post-apocalyptic and doom n gloom stuff.

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with Dini's books.

I don't think anybody in the thread does either. I'll run down Morrison until the cows come home, he's useless. But Dini's Detective run was fantastic, it far outshone RIP by a mile, and it was a shame his books had to carry the RIP name.

Thank you Grant Morrison for completely destroying the books I loved. You big, stupid, Scottish wanker (thumbs u

Speaking of which, isn`t time for American writers to start writing our American icons again? The British Invasion of writers was cool and good in the 1980`s with the dark n gritty doomed future stuff but this is 2009 and this country is all about hope and a better future for our children. Enough is Enough with the post-apocalyptic and doom n gloom stuff.

You're right - I think Jeph Loeb should write all the Batman books :insane:

I have been saying this since last year. Next we will need Geoff Johns to write every Bat title to straighten out this mess..

It's a shame that Neil Gaiman's two books were squeezed into this mess. They showed just how a good a Batbook can be when written really well. THis whole Morrison thing has really pissed me off.

And how the :censored: can Batman & Robin be the flagship title?? Jesus Christ you already have two Batbooks which are relatively established to carry the can :mad:

rantrant

I will be sticking with just Batman and Detective.

Earl.

I know I'll sound like a stuck record but Long Halloween was excellent, and Hush wasn't too bad either.

I know I'll sound like a stuck record but Long Halloween was excellent, and Hush wasn't too bad either.

You are a stuck record lol

It wouldn't be so bad but I only ever point it out to you meh

It wouldn't be so bad but I only ever point it out to you meh

The thing is I actually like Long Halloween but that doesn't excuse his recent trash.

I can't comment on his recent stuff as I haven't read any. I know a lot of people were anti-Loeb at some point though.

Does Morrison have the same disdain for his recent stuff?

Loeb has done some great work and he's done some trash. Long Halloween was good. Hush was garbage. (And I know I'm in the minority on this, but how much of the love it gets is due to Lee's artwork?)

Loeb has done some great work and he's done some trash. Long Halloween was good. Hush was garbage. (And I know I'm in the minority on this, but how much of the love it gets is due to Lee's artwork?)

There were a couple of dodgy issues and towards the end it became messy. But #612 and #614 were truly great issues. In my opinion of course.

I have been saying this since last year. Next we will need Geoff Johns to write every Bat title to straighten out this mess..

Batman: Rebirth.

Actually, when Bruce does come back, I believe Johns will be given the reigns -- I mean at some point, the whole DCU will simply be headed by him (or so it will seem).

Actually, when Bruce does come back, I believe Johns will be given the reigns -- I mean at some point, the whole DCU will simply be headed by him (or so it will seem).

Would be far superior EIC to Dan .