• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction

351 posts in this topic

I'm sure you guys are following this auction but are you surprised that the bids on a lot of good GA books has barely moved in what seems like two weeks and a lot of them are not even at 50% of fmv. I was expecting a surge after the Heritage auction ended last week but nothing really happened. Has the market been flooded with too many nice books lately, thoughts?

YES, I have been tracking some beauties on Heritage, and I tell you no lie. When you can track the SAME book, reselling, since 2002, and dropping in price by 2k increments EVERY successive auction, certain, non key, GA books are a bargin, right now! rantrant

The first rule of the maketplace says never buy something that is declining in value...that's the time to sell. You should always buy when things are increasing in value.

Today's "bargin" could be tomorrow's worthless trash....food for thought.

I'm sure you guys are following this auction but are you surprised that the bids on a lot of good GA books has barely moved in what seems like two weeks and a lot of them are not even at 50% of fmv. I was expecting a surge after the Heritage auction ended last week but nothing really happened. Has the market been flooded with too many nice books lately, thoughts?

YES, I have been tracking some beauties on Heritage, and I tell you no lie. When you can track the SAME book, reselling, since 2002, and dropping in price by 2k increments EVERY successive auction, certain, non key, GA books are a bargin, right now! rantrant

The first rule of the maketplace says never buy something that is declining in value...that's the time to sell. You should always buy when things are increasing in value.

like many markets, the comic book market is both cyclical and economically dependent (to a certain extent)... anyone remember the declining prices of 2003 (very similar to today)....anyone remember what happened to those same books in the past 2-3 years (many doubled and tripled their lows)...

we are in that cycle right now...might not come out as fast, but if you can buy quality books now, at slightly to moderately cheaper prices than even 2 years ago, then I am all for buying!

the problem with subscribing to the principle of "never buy something that is declining in value" is that that thought applies to a close ended market...comics are just the opposite, always potentially attracting new "blood" (i.e. new collectors, etc)....so, my advice would be to "sell" that which is increasing now (to capture market gains) and buy that which is declining (To capture market value)

Rick's crazy. You should absolutely buy up the bronze & copper Spideys in 9.8 and stay away from early Fawcetts and DCs. :wishluck:

It's the smart thing to do!

I was thinking this is the last auction for a while, but there's a comicconnect auction starting next week.

With another Action 1, of course............and such an adorable one.........Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe someone who missed out on the last couple few will get this one :shy:

IMO common sense is more important than market timing. Some books are selling cheaper because of money/market issues. Most GA books though are stalling pricewise due to lack of demand that will continue into the future. So no single buying mantra (buy when rising, buy when falling etc) is enough. Its WHAT you are buying that counts most! After that, if you can catch high quality stuff for less? Great!

and good luck trying!

Grabbing 50s westerns for 60% Guide may feel like a steal... until you go to sell and net 40% guide someday. But getting early Actions say at 80% of the top prices during a lull would work out better in the long run.

As we all know of course, amassing 9.8 Bronzes and Moderns is the way to go! Top of Census forever baby! Money in da bank! Bam!

But getting early Actions say at 80% of the top prices during a lull would work out better in the long run.

Totally wrong. Stay away from Actions. Value on them is plummeting. Especially stay away from #28, 34, 42, 46, 47, 49, and 51. In fact, if you see them, run like hell in the other direction.

I keep waiting for like 20 "outbid" emails, none so far :o

Get ready for the one concerning Action 13 ....... :whistle:

:jokealert: Who´d dare that. :devil:

I haven't bid yet, but will :devil:

But getting early Actions say at 80% of the top prices during a lull would work out better in the long run.

Totally wrong. Stay away from Actions. Value on them is plummeting. Especially stay away from #28, 34, 42, 46, 47, 49, and 51. In fact, if you see them, run like hell in the other direction.

you better run...

Run, run, run, run

You better make your face up in

Your favourite disguise

With your button down lips and your

Roller blind eyes

With your empty smile

And your hungry heart

Feel the bile rising from your guilty past

With your nerves in tatters

When the cockleshell shatters

And the hammers batter

Down the door

You better run

Run, run, run, run

You better run all day

And run all night

And keep your dirty feelings

Deep inside. And if your

Takin' your girlfriend

Out tonight

You better park the car

Well out of sight

'Cos if they catch you in the back seat

Trying to pick her locks

They're gonna send you back to mother

In a cardboard box

You better run

its got a married cover.. doesnt that deter you?

When it comes to rare GA, Rick doesn't care if they're married or single.

lol as long as the boyfriend or husband doesn't find out