• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction Ending

171 posts in this topic

Being a high grade ASM collector sure isn't easy:

ASM 4 9.4 $14,845

ASM 40 9.6 Mass $10,095

ASM 44 9.6 Rocky Mountain $10,095

:o no recession here

WEBHEAD

How did the AF #15s do? My GPA subscription ran out and I have yet to renew, but I read in another thread that prices were lower this go round on the 7.0 and 8.5. Was that the final case?

98K for the 8.5, $25,251 for the 7.0.

$100,000 for an 8.5 :o :o I have not been keeping up with the market on AF 15. Is this normal? A silver age book in VF+ is a $100K book now? :screwy:

ASM 4 9.4 $14,845

ASM 40 9.6 Mass $10,095

WEBHEAD

How did the AF #15s do? My GPA subscription ran out and I have yet to renew, but I read in another thread that prices were lower this go round on the 7.0 and 8.5. Was that the final case?

$100,000 for an 8.5 :o :o I have not been keeping up with the market on AF 15. Is this normal? A silver age book in VF+ is a $100K book now? :screwy:

Chris, the last 8.5 sold for 120K. :gossip:

ASM 4 9.4 $14,845

ASM 40 9.6 Mass $10,095

WEBHEAD

Thanks for the info.

The truly :screwy: part is that this is down from the last 8.5 Clink sold at $122K.

doh! I give up... I quit.

I quit a long time ago. lol

Spidey brought me to this hobby at the age of 6, now he's pushing me away. :frustrated:

So... an Action 1 or 'Tec 38, unrestored and in that grade, would be a million or more???

:o

-slym

I hope not. I don't think even an Action 1 in VF+ would hit a million. A NM copy, sure. But not VF+.

So... an Action 1 or 'Tec 38, unrestored and in that grade, would be a million or more???

-slym

I hope not. I don't think even an Action 1 in VF+ would hit a million. A NM copy, sure. But not VF+.

I might pay $1,000,000 for a VF+ action 1 (not the rusty stapled copy)....

-slym

Really? You think an 8.5 is worth triple what the 6.5 went for? Legit question, not trying to be snide. I don't know the GA market at all. Are there at least 2 bidders out there willing to bid to that level for a nice VF+?

-slym

pm sent.

:jokealert:

-slym

Really? You think an 8.5 is worth triple what the 6.5 went for? Legit question, not trying to be snide. I don't know the GA market at all. Are there at least 2 bidders out there willing to bid to that level for a nice VF+?

not sure what 6.5 you are refering to, but I was the underbidder at $317K on the 6.0 that comic connect auctioned earlier this year... and, I might have been compelled to goto 350K or so on it, but just stuck to my bidding strategy on it..

given that there are 2 copies in 6.5, a 6.0, a 5.5, a 4.5, 5 copies of 4.0, etc...but only 1 in 7.5 and only 1 in 8.5, then yes, that puts 8.5 as pretty much the very best attainable copy you can get (outside of MH, etc)...

so, absolutely it is "worth" triple and probably much more...but, until a copy comes up for sale, unlikely we will ever know...we can only speculate...

-slym

not sure what 6.5 you are refering to, but I was the underbidder at $317K on the 6.0 that comic connect auctioned earlier this year... and, I might have been compelled to goto 350K or so on it, but just stuck to my bidding strategy on it..

given that there are 2 copies in 6.5, a 6.0, a 5.5, a 4.5, 5 copies of 4.0, etc...but only 1 in 7.5 and only 1 in 8.5, then yes, that puts 8.5 as pretty much the very best attainable copy you can get (outside of MH, etc)...

so, absolutely it is "worth" triple and probably much more...but, until a copy comes up for sale, unlikely we will ever know...we can only speculate...

My bad, the 6.0 is the one I was thinking of and I thought it was a 6.5. Interesting to know that an 8.5 might hit a million. In light of the fact that it is known that there is at least one better copy out there.

-slym

Tec 38?

Anyway, I don't think you can extrapolate prices that way. Spidey books make their own rules. Everyone's freaking out about AF 15 prices, but I think a copy of ASM 44 selling for over 10K is worse.

doh! I give up... I quit.

I quit a long time ago. lol

Spidey brought me to this hobby at the age of 6, now he's pushing me away. :frustrated:

I think I may have to follow your example Andrew.

I should temper that by saying that I do see a few decent deals out there; and when I say decent deals, I mean decent books still trading at or bellow 2002-ish levels. I'm trying to look where the hype isn't, and I was able to snag a beautiful book the other day for a price that was well within my comfort zone. But with every comiclink auction, it seems like paying reasonable prices for key or semi-key HG books is becoming a rarer occurrence.

-slym

My bad, the 6.0 is the one I was thinking of and I thought it was a 6.5. Interesting to know that an 8.5 might hit a million. In light of the fact that it is known that there is at least one better copy out there.

But that copy will probably never see the light of day

ASM 4 9.4 $14,845

ASM 40 9.6 Mass $10,095

Terrible time to be buying, but selling on the other hand........... :whistle:

If any of those are yours, good job. (worship)