• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF ???? GRADE BOOKS

55 posts in this topic

Well, it does claim in the auction:

This listing is for an incredible off-white paged Daredevil #7 in eye-popping Apparent NM+ to NM/MT, newsstand condition, featuring Daredevil's new costume and a Sub-Mariner battle cover and story.

It has very slight, professional color touch, that most will not be able to detect, and has been trimmed on one edge.

This is a rare chance to own a visually stunning #7.

The comic is original, glossy, complete, clean, and has no other restoration of any kind other than the very slight color touch and one-edge trim.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMIC IS BEING LISTED AS RESTORED with FULL DISCLOSURE and WILL GRADE RESTORED IF AND WHEN SUBMITTED.

An apparent grade reflects the overall appearance after restoration.

When did he start being honest???

-slym

Since yesterday..apparently some guy named Lucifer said his house and property froze over... hm

This listing is for an incredible off-white paged Daredevil #7 in eye-popping Apparent NM+ to NM/MT, newsstand condition, featuring Daredevil's new costume and a Sub-Mariner battle cover and story.

It has very slight, professional color touch, that most will not be able to detect, and has been trimmed on one edge.

The comic is original, glossy, complete, clean, and has no other restoration of any kind other than the very slight color touch and one-edge trim.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMIC IS BEING LISTED AS RESTORED with FULL DISCLOSURE and WILL GRADE RESTORED IF AND WHEN SUBMITTED.

-slym

Your right, he is being honest, I just never bought a book that was newstand fresh with a hacksawed right edge. lol

DRX

-slym

When his feedback couldn't be kept private anymore

Sure make fun of the newbie.

It was more a feeling of dread on my part--I'd be pretty freaked out if I saw somebody eating someone else's brains, and to see someone else going through that is rather dreadful. The queasiness kicked in when you mentioned you bought from him--many of us got taken the same way. I bought an X-Men #7 ~8.5 from him back in 2001, and almost bought an FF #2 ~8.0. Glad you returned your book...that's the one saving grace of his, he accepts returns, that's how he keeps himself out of court.

It's cool. I thought it was funny. So he sells restored books, he's a crook AND he can't grade. The man's a triple threat.

he's a crook AND he can't grade.

He can grade very well--he just intentionally exaggerates grade. He's highly skilled, he just chose the dark side of the Force. I enjoyed his presence on the boards, as he's exceptionately knowledable and can turn on the charm when he wants to...just wish he wasn't a total scumbag. :frustrated:

Is he offering the Daredevil 7 as restored due to the fubared trim job on the right edge?

DD7r_030509.jpg

Sweeny Todd Lorena Bobbit could do a better trim job than that.

:acclaim:

I guess I'll finally weigh in on this.. :o .... gezz this guy sells out all his books everytime he posts auctions. :insane:

Per his listing he

"ACCEPTING CONSIGNMENTS OF

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

AGE COMICS FOR EXCLUSIVE LISTINGS ON EBAY!!

RAW COMICS & CGC OR PGX SLABBED COMICS

One comic or an entire collection

Low consignment fees of 5 to 10%

Comics received during the week listed every Sunday

Consignors paid the day the buyer approves"

-Robojo

So if I understand this he makes up to 10% profit on each sale. :gossip:

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

I guess I'll finally weigh in on this.. :o .... gezz this guy sells out all his books everytime he posts auctions. :insane:

Per his listing he

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

-Robojo

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

Thats a good point. Its not as if hes listing hundreds of books a week. But if some of these high grade gems hes touting are consignments, why wouldnt the owner just list them theirselves intstead of giving him ten percent. And who would know if hes giving them a little tune up before he lists them. :screwy:

DRX

Per his listing he

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

-Robojo

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

Thats a good point. Its not as if hes listing hundreds of books a week. But if some of these high grade gems hes touting are consignments, why wouldnt the owner just list them theirselves intstead of giving him ten percent. And who would know if hes giving them a little tune up before he lists them. :screwy:

DRX

Per his listing he

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

-Robojo

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

I think that is a bunch of hooey. That just makes him sound more professional. He buys raw HG and CGC books, restores or PS them and them sells them as Ulta HG books. Ever noticed how he has never had a CGC 9.8 anything for sale. Only one 9.6 and that was a ® AF15.....He was using the eBay name ny_motor_dude to buy books and then resell them as Robojo until I called him out on it here on the boards a few years ago. NY_Motor_dude won several books from me with no probs. 2 weeks later, I see the EXACT same books with most of the flaws shopped out and advertised by Robo as being NM+ or better. They were a VF+, NM and I don't remember what the last one was. But it was nowhere near a NM+....VF/NM sticks in my head for some reason. Best to just avoid him all together.

Anyone know what eBay name he is using to purchase books with now???????

Per his listing he

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

-Robojo

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

I think that is a bunch of hooey. That just makes him sound more professional. He buys raw HG and CGC books, restores or PS them and them sells them as Ulta HG books. Ever noticed how he has never had a CGC 9.8 anything for sale. Only one 9.6 and that was a ® AF15.....He was using the eBay name ny_motor_dude to buy books and then resell them as Robojo until I called him out on it here on the boards a few years ago. NY_Motor_dude won several books from me with no probs. 2 weeks later, I see the EXACT same books with most of the flaws shopped out and advertised by Robo as being NM+ or better. They were a VF+, NM and I don't remember what the last one was. But it was nowhere near a NM+....VF/NM sticks in my head for some reason. Best to just avoid him all together.

I follow what you are saying, but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

He can grade very well--he just intentionally exaggerates grade. He's highly skilled, he just chose the dark side of the Force. I enjoyed his presence on the boards, as he's exceptionately knowledable and can turn on the charm when he wants to...just wish he wasn't a total scumbag. :frustrated:

Yep. He's an extremely intelligent and articulate individual, and his knowledge of the hobby is extensive. Unfortunately, his douchebaggery outweighs all of that.

Yep. He's an extremely intelligent and articulate individual, and his knowledge of the hobby is extensive. Unfortunately, his douchebaggery outweighs all of that.

Very well said. And I agree, this guy is very smart and knows how to work the system in every respect. Its too bad someone with this knowledge of comics, restoration, grading, etc, has chosen to use it for his own gain and not for the benefit of our hobby. What a waste.

DRX

Very well said. And I agree, this guy is very smart and knows how to work the system in every respect. Its too bad someone with this knowledge of comics, restoration, grading, etc, has chosen to use it for his own gain and not for the benefit of our hobby. What a wanker.

DRX

Fixed that for ya.

The only thing he seems to be very good at is misleading buyers...stay away...was the one and only time that I bought an ub-slabbed book and his idea of the grade and what the actual grade was differed from 9.4 down to 7.5...STAY AWAY.

Per his listing he

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

-Robojo

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

I follow what you are saying, but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

If he has several other accounts, he can bid on them and win, but then choose to "Mutually not complete the transaction". He doesn't pay any fees, get's a free relist, and whatever account he shilled with does not get a NPB strike. He is a serious sneaky snake! (tsk)

but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

If he has several other accounts, he can bid on them and win, but then choose to "Mutually not complete the transaction". He doesn't pay any fees, get's a free relist, and whatever account he shilled with does not get a NPB strike. He is a serious sneaky snake! (tsk)

You would think that eBay would notice a trend, if a certain seller and a few of the same buyers keep "mutually not completing the transaction," then it's a sign that something sketchy might be going on.

Wait, what am I saying? It is eBay we are talking about here...

doh!

-slym