• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF ???? GRADE BOOKS

55 posts in this topic

but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

If he has several other accounts, he can bid on them and win, but then choose to "Mutually not complete the transaction". He doesn't pay any fees, get's a free relist, and whatever account he shilled with does not get a NPB strike. He is a serious sneaky snake! (tsk)

You would think that eBay would notice a trend, if a certain seller and a few of the same buyers keep "mutually not completing the transaction," then it's a sign that something sketchy might be going on.

Wait, what am I saying? It is eBay we are talking about here...

doh!

-slym

I highly doubt ebay cares. They get enough money from him from the auctions that are won by legit bidders that they would not bother scrutinizing his shilling activity too closely. I'm sure there is quite a bit of shilling going on with all his auctions. I wonder what percentage are won by legit bidders and what percentage are won by his shills? hm

but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

If he has several other accounts, he can bid on them and win, but then choose to "Mutually not complete the transaction". He doesn't pay any fees, get's a free relist, and whatever account he shilled with does not get a NPB strike. He is a serious sneaky snake! (tsk)

You would think that eBay would notice a trend, if a certain seller and a few of the same buyers keep "mutually not completing the transaction," then it's a sign that something sketchy might be going on.

doh!

-slym

I highly doubt ebay cares. They get enough money from him from the auctions that are won by legit bidders that they would not bother scrutinizing his shilling activity too closely. I'm sure there is quite a bit of shilling going on with all his auctions. I wonder what percentage are won by legit bidders and what percentage are won by his shills? hm

I was wondering that myself. I was looking at feedback left for him. I wanted to see if anyone left feedback for the Tales of Suspense #39 that sold awhile back for over $10,000. I think there was also a Spider-Man #4 that went for some astronomical amount ( over $ 20,000.00 I believe). No ones left feedback for those books yet so your right, they could have been shills. But heres an interesting feedback recently left for him. I found it quite amusing.

Exceptional Book, Restoration? Who Cares, It's a Stunner! AAA+++ May-18-09 15:05

Reply by robojo33 (May-18-09 15:21):

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35 Appt. NM+ to NM/MT 9.6 to 9.8 RESTORED #170325808424 $176

Who cares? Thats the attitude to have I guess. I need a fricking beer.

DRX

WEBHEAD

doh!

-slym

I was wondering that myself. I was looking at feedback left for him. I wanted to see if anyone left feedback for the Tales of Suspense #39 that sold awhile back for over $10,000. I think there was also a Spider-Man #4 that went for some astronomical amount ( over $ 20,000.00 I believe). No ones left feedback for those books yet so your right, they could have been shills. But heres an interesting feedback recently left for him. I found it quite amusing.

Exceptional Book, Restoration? Who Cares, It's a Stunner! AAA+++ May-18-09 15:05

Reply by robojo33 (May-18-09 15:21):

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35 Appt. NM+ to NM/MT 9.6 to 9.8 RESTORED #170325808424 $176

Who cares? Thats the attitude to have I guess. I need a fricking beer.

DRX

+1

+2 and +3 now...... (:

His new tactic of "consignments" is interesting too. :boo:

I wonder if he hacks those up too?

Watch out ComicDink...there's a new playah in the neighborhood!

Here's an even more interesting question. I notice that Comic Link auction are more or less anonymous is it possible this guy could sneak his books there???

hmlol:o

WEBHEAD

Thousands and thousands of otherwise perfectly beautiful 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 books are being destroyed by this scum-sucking waste of life, and he's still not in jail.

Shall we start a poll?

What would you prefer, a 9.0 Universal, or a "trimmed 3 edges, etc etc etc "apparent" 9.6"......?

It is depressing, it is digusting, and it's makes me want to physically harm this person in a nearly lethal manner. I wouldn't violate the law, of course..but that doesn't change my desire.

All those perfectly beautiful, natural 9.0s of great books...books I would be happy to own, and which won't break my bank...just being destroyed. It is vomit worthy.

Thousands and thousands of otherwise perfectly beautiful 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 books are being destroyed by this scum-sucking waste of life, and he's still not in jail.

It is depressing, it is digusting, and it's makes me want to physically harm this person in a nearly lethal manner. I wouldn't violate the law, of course..but that doesn't change my desire.

All those perfectly beautiful, natural 9.0s of great books...books I would be happy to own, and which won't break my bank...just being destroyed. It is vomit worthy.

Who knew greed caused such senseless destruction?

It's almost as bad as limbs being hacked off in Africa so that some gold digging blonde from Cali can get that 5 karat, princess cut engagement ring that she's worked so hard parting her knees for. Almost.

It's almost as bad as limbs being hacked off in Africa so that some gold digging blonde from Cali can get that 5 karat, princess cut engagement ring that she's worked so hard parting her knees for. Almost.

She was supposed to go get Tyco with yo money . . .

She was supposed to go get Tyco with yo money . . .

Holla' "we want prenup!"

I guess I'll finally weigh in on this.. :o .... gezz this guy sells out all his books everytime he posts auctions. :insane:

Per his listing he

"ACCEPTING CONSIGNMENTS OF

GOLD , SILVER , BRONZE

AGE COMICS FOR EXCLUSIVE LISTINGS ON EBAY!!

RAW COMICS & CGC OR PGX SLABBED COMICS

One comic or an entire collection

Low consignment fees of 5 to 10%

Comics received during the week listed every Sunday

Consignors paid the day the buyer approves"

-Robojo

So if I understand this he makes up to 10% profit on each sale. :gossip:

Who consigns to him? hm

WEBHEAD

I think that is a bunch of hooey. That just makes him sound more professional. He buys raw HG and CGC books, restores or PS them and them sells them as Ulta HG books. Ever noticed how he has never had a CGC 9.8 anything for sale. Only one 9.6 and that was a ® AF15.....He was using the eBay name ny_motor_dude to buy books and then resell them as Robojo until I called him out on it here on the boards a few years ago. NY_Motor_dude won several books from me with no probs. 2 weeks later, I see the EXACT same books with most of the flaws shopped out and advertised by Robo as being NM+ or better. They were a VF+, NM and I don't remember what the last one was. But it was nowhere near a NM+....VF/NM sticks in my head for some reason. Best to just avoid him all together.

Anyone know what eBay name he is using to purchase books with now???????

I follow what you are saying, but my question is unless he is "shilling" his own auctions whcih would cost him $$ if "he" won, how does he manage to sell out all his auctions?? I think he also opens up most of his auctions for .99 cents.Saves money and never gets burned. This guy regardless what anyone things of this guy he has his business model and does stop at Go to collect the $200 every trip around the board. I don't know of any other ebay seller who has that much :censored: luck..

WEBHEAD

Does anyone really think that a person with Robojo's history would actually stoop to shill bidding? :insane:

Does anyone really think that a person with Robojo's history would actually stoop to shill bidding? :insane:

One of the saddest parts is that he probably doesn't have to.

There seem to be enough deep-pocketed, oblivious folks to go around.

There is also the fact that restoration no longer seems to hold the stigma it once did.

Apparently, his deep-pocketed buyers don't care whether a primo book has been hacked or not.

Almost.

The never ending mystery? Robo's really kicking it up this week. Hes running

82......., yes 82 auctions! Yikes.

DRX

I cant stop checking the stuff this guy has every week. 90 Listings up right now. He's really kicking it up the last couple weeks. A massive run of upper high grade Daredevils ( hm ) up right now. Another Suspense # 39. WTF. Wheres he get these books? He'd have to be cracking slabs left and right. lol

DRX