• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another free comic from Chuck

11 posts in this topic

Add this to the Avengers Annual #4 that Chuck seems to have a glut of:

Free Captain America #132!

Howdy!

Another short newsletter today, as the sun has finally emerged from the clouds that blanketed Boulder for the past six days. While our holiday weekend was certainly dampened by all the rain that we've received during the past week, the entire world around us is now an astonishing shade of deep green. It has been many years since Boulder has received this much rain, and I had completely forgotten during the drought just how beautiful it can be around here when we actually get some moisture. That having been said, I've now got to get my weed-whacker working overtime, or parts of my farm will completely disappear in a green haze. I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but some of our native tallgrass prairie plants can exceed 4 feet (1.3 meters) in height under ideal conditions. Grass that tall makes it hard to even walk across a field. But it also makes tremendous hay!

While I'll be trying to mow around here for the third time (!) in just a month, the staff at Mile High Comics is hustling to ship all the orders that we received over this past weekend. Our promotional giveaway of copies of AVENGERS ANNUAL #4 (Fine) was especially popular with many of you, so much so that just yesterday I had to pull yet another case out of my storage warehouse to complete the final orders. That AVENGERS ANNUAL #4 promotion is now over, but a new one begins today. Effective immediately, I am offering anyone who is willing to place a $50 minimum order with us a free copy of CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #132 in Fine condition. These copies of this rare Silver Age comic are also from the famous Mile High II collection of 1,700,000 comics that I discovered on Long Island (New York), in 1985. My plan is to keep this CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #132 (Fine) offer open for you through next Wednesday (June 3rd) at noon, but we may run out, so it is in your best interest to place an order with us quickly. As long as your order totals a net $50 (after all discounts, including the 30% off BARGAINS codeword) are first applied, you are eligible for a free copy of CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #132 in Fine condition. List price on this issue is $53.00, so it's a pretty darn good bonus to receive for placing an order with us. Just ask for your free copy in the "Notes" section of any qualifying order, and we'll send you your copy of this rare Silver Age comic absolutely free of charge!

Speaking of the BARGAINS codewords, I did want to remind everyone to be sure and include the BARGAINS discount codeword in the line that we provide on our order form. While the 30% off BARGAINS codeword cannot apply against paperback or hardback books, new comics, or the Dallas Stephens consignment issues, it does save you a full 30% on your cost of all of our back issue comics and magazines. Over half of the orders that we have received during the past week have not utilized the BARGAINS codeword, which is a disproportionately high percentage. That makes me wonder if a few of our loyal readers of this newsletter are forgetting to use their codeword benefit. Either that, or we are receiving an unusually large number of orders from new customers, who are not yet signed up to receive this newsletter. If that's the case, then there's not a problem. But I did specifically create our codewords program to reward those of you who shop with us regularly, so BARGAINS is there for you. As a reminder, here are the savings calculations on our less expensive back issues when the BARGAINS codeword discount is applied:

Regular Price BARGAINS Price

75 CENTS = 53 Cents each

$1.00 = 70 Cents each

$1.25 = 88 Cents each

$1.50 = $1.05 each

$1.75 = $1.22 each

$2.00 = $1.40 each

$2.50 = $1.75 each

$3.00 = $2.10 each

I think that these incredible BARGAINS discounts go a long way toward explaining why we have been receiving so many orders of late for more than 100 comics each (please keep in mind the codeword does not apply to new comics, Dallas Stephens comics, trade paperbacks, hard covers, graphic novels, statues, or supplies). Astute fans are ordering entire runs of titles at these super BARGAINS prices...

My final item for today is to let you know that our new buying program is really starting to pick up speed. Pam received over 5,000 comics yesterday, with more already in the mail. If you have a collection (or even just a few selected issues) that you would like to sell or trade, just contact Pam at pam@milehighcomics.com, and she can help you find the quickest and easiest way. You can also call Pam at 1-800-676-6423 during working hours (9-5 Monday-Friday) and Pam can cut you a deal right over the phone. Pam can also send sellers in the USA prepaid shipping labels that can save you as much as 70% on the regular cost of shipping your comics to us. Just give us a call, and ask for Pam Brandle. Oh, and in case you were wondering, buying 5,000 comics in one day doesn't put us anywhere near our buying budget limit. We're America's Largest Comics dealer - it's going to take a lot more than a mere 5,000 comics for us to hit our buying limit. At last year's Chicago Comicon, we purchased over 270,000 comics in just one weekend, with plenty of buying budget left to spare...

Happy Collecting!

Chuck Rozanski,

President - Mile High Comics

[quote=Chuck Rozanski,

President - Mile High Comics]That having been said, I've now got to get my weed-whacker working overtime, or parts of my farm will completely disappear in a green haze.

Smoking it off again Chuck?

[quote=Chuck Rozanski,

President - Mile High Comics]That having been said, I've now got to get my whacker working overtime, or parts of my weed farm will completely disappear in a smokey haze.

Fixed that for ya...

lol

-slym

if you spend a day searching you may eventually be able to put together a group of books worth what you're paying (assuming a discount code). who has a day to dedicate to this?

if you spend a day searching you may eventually be able to put together a group of books worth what you're paying (assuming a discount code). who has a day to dedicate to this?

Alcoholics

Angry loners

The unemployable

Alcoholics

Angry loners

The unemployable

Looks like I have the time then. :acclaim:

Holy ! I just ordered a $53 copy of Cap 132 in Fine condition from Chuck last week!

Now he's giving them away?!?

This could be enough to put Chuck under. Or at least create some dramatic bullshat story for next week's newsletter.

I hope he knows what he's doing, giving away comics of such value. :eek: