• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

220 Million dollar Jackpot..what would you do?

164 posts in this topic

I always wanted to order a gi-normous pizza with everything on it,

and give the delivery dude/skinny a $100 bill for the pizza and tip.

A trip to Italy.Maybe buy a place there.

Aerosmith def lepoard and huey lewis for the GFS wild azz bd party in August.Her favvorites not mine.

A smokin copy of Terriffic 5,Thunda,All the Frazetta ff.Daring Love 1 best known copy.

Find Steve Ditko and have him do some cover recreations of all my favorite covers.

Last but not least open a comic shop that blows the doors off the others.

quit job along with the wife , go to Disney World for 2 weeks after the 2 week vacation purchase a nice 3000-4000 square foot home in a nice area , make some donations to my sons school , church -- help out some family members ( notice i said some ) ,set aside a small portion for comic related stuff like opening a top of the line comics store and traveling to conventions- hire my best friend as my store manager/convention roadie - pay the tab for a couple of CGC dinners ( with open bar - of course ) but would mostly put it all in safe investments and live very very well off the interest and income from them ...

Gotta ask...why are you still married then? Because of the kid(s)? Curious as my brother says the same thing frequently...

First thing that came to mind was I would probably mess my pants :blush: seriously - second thing I would buy my wife out hmmm wait we are in Florida and maybe she won hm

quit job along with the wife , go to Disney World for 2 weeks after the 2 week vacation purchase a nice 3000-4000 square foot home in a nice area , make some donations to my sons school , church -- help out some family members ( notice i said some ) ,set aside a small portion for comic related stuff like opening a top of the line comics store and traveling to conventions- hire my best friend as my store manager/convention roadie - pay the tab for a couple of CGC dinners ( with open bar - of course ) but would mostly put it all in safe investments and live very very well off the interest and income from them ...

Gotta ask...why are you still married then? Because of the kid(s)? Curious as my brother says the same thing frequently...

:gossip: I think Mike meant that both he and his wife would quit their respective jobs, not that he would quit the wife. But i've been wrong before.

This thread reminds me of why I never play the lottery. I'm fairly certain that winning a massive jackpot would shorten my life expectancy by about 40 years.

I have issues.

He better hurry up and spend it before it gets taken away and redistributed to people that have no desire to do anything besides eat, sleep, mess, and reproduce.

He better hurry up and spend it before it gets taken away and redistributed to people that have no desire to do anything besides eat, sleep, mess, and reproduce.

Sounds like you qualify for a slice, grandpap.

For comics I'd need 2 million, the one million to buy all the books/art from my list and the other million to buy the world's best Tec '27 or Action #1... just to *spoon* everybody off and have my sig line say that I own the best book in the world

So two million for comics and CCE's..

Another three million play money

50 million for my family

50 million in a bank account

the remaining 115 million goes to charity

Never having to work again sounds more like punishment than reward to me..

I enjoy a great number of things and working is one of them. I couldn't imagine a life where I would just hang around all day..Leisure time is golden, but it loses a lot of its luster when every day becomes leisure day...

I'd do all the things I spoke off if I won the lottery, improve my material things, but I wouldn't quit my job.

Your going to need way more than $1M to get either of the book's.!!!! WAY MORE!!!!!!

:gossip: I think Mike meant that both he and his wife would quit their respective jobs, not that he would quit the wife. But i've been wrong before.

Guess I'm a little too literal. From the first sentence, it sounded like he was saying he would quit his job and quit his wife... (shrug)

To be fair, I don't think anyone really wants to reproduce; it's just a side effect of spooning, much like an STD.

:fear:

Guess I'm a little too literal. From the first sentence, it sounded like he was saying he would quit his job and quit his wife... (shrug)

That's how I read it too, as it's congruent with my paradigm of married life.

- Help friends and family.

- Build a monster house.

- Fill the garage with nice cars.

- Fill monster house with about $50M in comics (this is no exaggeration).

- Travel.

- Buy more comics.

- Take afternoon naps, buy more comics.

- Scratch my belly while sipping a cold one in the pool, then buy more comics.

- Count my money. :cloud9::wishluck::cloud9:

To be fair, I don't think anyone really wants to reproduce; it's just a side effect of spooning, much like an STD.

:fear:

To each his own and probably just jest, but some of us pray every day that we can "reproduce".