• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Important DC SA key (for DC collectors)

What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What do DC collectors consider to be the most important SA Key ?

29 posts in this topic

Following on from a thread in the Silver fourm - http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=351288&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I can't imagine SA9 getting many votes nowadays, but it did have it's day in the sun a few years back.

I go with Brave & Bold 28, since that book was the catalyst for the Fantastic Four and the start of the Marvel Silver Age.

you just want to argue for the sake of arguing/debating! blush.gif it's showcase 4 by a hair/nose since the SA (new) Flash character is in B&B 28 along with the other heros. gossip.gif Tec 225 is earlier than showcase 4, but the significance of the "hero" factor is not as strong as the flash. laugh.gif

I go with Brave & Bold 28, since that book was the catalyst for the Fantastic Four and the start of the Marvel Silver Age.

So you'd rather have an Avengers 1 than an Amazing Fantasy 15 ?

So you'd rather have an Avengers 1 than an Amazing Fantasy 15 ?

And your point being?

B&B 28 was the direct catalyst for the entire Marvel Universe, while Showcase is more of an OS Dealer-driven key, that I personally don't give a rat's butt about from a collecting standpoint.

So what the heck did Avengers #1 do to cause a major shift in the comic's landscape?

Plus, Showcase #4 is not the debut of a totally new creation, and is more akin to Ultimate Spider-man. 27_laughing.gif

it's showcase 4 by a hair/nose since the SA (new) Flash character is in B&B 28 along with the other heros.

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are carrying him along for the ride!!! sleeping.gif

it's showcase 4 by a hair/nose since the SA (new) Flash character is in B&B 28 along with the other heros.

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are carrying him along for the ride!!! sleeping.gif

i'm sure if his try out issues didn't sell well, he might not have been in the JLA. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If being a precursor for the Fantastic Four is the important thing- and the only way that would be is if the poll were "which DC book is most important to Marvel Zombies"; then Showcase #6 is more important than B&B #28, since the Kirby-created Challengers were a direct influence on the FF.

Either way, I would vote for Showcase #4, there would have been no super-hero revival at DC without it and the poll is DC-centric.

i'm sure if his try out issues didn't sell well, he might not have been in the JLA. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd go further, Pimpy... if the Flash revival hadn't been reasonably successful, you'd never have had the Silver Age GL, and Julie Schwartz wouldn't have gambled on what was his 3rd Golden Age revival: the JSA resurrected as the Justice League in B&B 28. In other words, without Flash, no JLA at all!