• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Because Modern needs its own "OMG, look at this eBay price!" thread

555 posts in this topic

What's weird Bobby is in the Comics General thread discussion about this book, I mentioned that I had emailed him to ask if this was serious or not.

He actually sent a very nice note back, extremely polite, and made it clear it was to draw attention but that the real BIN was at a reasonable rate.

Now reasonable rate when a book is listed at $999,999.99 is kind of hard to guess. But plenty of members on here tried $2-$7 bids and still didn't hit the right amount. (shrug)

But!!

These ones really take the biscuit. Probably the most dispicable guy on eBay UK.

Batman #612 2nd print

ASB&R #1 RRP sketch doh!

ASB&R #6 RRP

ASM #300 CGC 9.6

USM #1 variant

Wolverine #145 Nabisco variant CGC 9.6 :o

Those prices :o

He's been listing this for at least 2 years!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Danger-Girl-1-Chromium-a-go-go-Campbell-scarce_W0QQitemZ6620577228QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET?hash=item18a9dfdcc&_trksid=p4634.m351.l1262

hmmmm no takers??

Ok, this would have been a NM condition of the retailer allocated version (two per store allocation due to heavy demand), had some insufficiently_thoughtful_person not put a thumb/fingernail impression on the right hand side by the girls thighs. It doesn't pierce the book, but once you know it's there it's a pain in the a@@.

I may have a true NM copy available - please contact me as I can't find it to list.

doh!

I know it's rare and all but the last few went for around 120$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290323038606

That's the trouble with most RRPs, they generate massive interest when they're released which makes the prices balloon. GIve it a couple of months and it'll be down to $100 or so.

As far as I know there's only Batman #608 that's actually held it's price, even the prices on that book below a 9.8 have been dropping.

Hey, at least it was an auction. Right on to the seller for pricing it to sell, and letting the market decide what it's worth.

How many "super rare" variants are there out there that are wayyy last century, and sellers are still trying to squeeze the "just came out yesterday" hot price?

With the changes in eBay, I'd say it's a good 100 to 1 in terms of listings. 100 overpriced schlock listings for every 1 auction that starts at "99 cents" and takes it where it will go.

Thank you once again, Mile High, for setting absurd expectations on the market. God bless you, Chuckles!

doh!

I know it's rare and all but the last few went for around 120$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290323038606

That's the trouble with most RRPs, they generate massive interest when they're released which makes the prices balloon. GIve it a couple of months and it'll be down to $100 or so.

As far as I know there's only Batman #608 that's actually held it's price, even the prices on that book below a 9.8 have been dropping.

I cut the cargohold a deal on a book sometime ago.. they listed a BlackestKnight RRP I asked if they had any extra avail for sale? They replied and said since you hooked us up on that book we bought, we'll hook you up for a great price on this 9.8 condition bk.. They did.. I thought it was very nice of them to do so. It didnt cost me much I will say.. This was a first class all the way on their part! So I'm giving the CargoHold a thumbs up! (thumbs u