• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go ahead, take a guess at how damaged the book is.

117 posts in this topic

The Last Starfighter kicks both their butts.

That is the perfect 80's movie. Videgames, space wars, love interest, parties, fate of the universe and a great soundtrack. After that I say Monster Squad is runner up.

red dawn is great, but still second to Roadhouse, the most perfect 80's movie ever filmed. :)

Shiver, your posts here are without fail, either funny or informative, or both. Your artwork is amazing, and I hope to own a piece one day. However, if you continue to insist that Roadhouse outstrips Red Dawn, I'll never be able to afford any of your work. Everyone knows that once the artist dies, the cost of his stuff increases exponentially.

That's a nice way of saying, "I'm gonna cut you, mang!" ;)

:baiting:

Beau,

Matthew and kenny have obviously been listening to me for years. If you are stuck on a desert island and can only have one movie it must be Roadhouse. Why you ask?

(1) It has nudity - Red Dawn doesn't. Huge plus one for Roadhouse.

(2) It has a sweet soundtrack (except for the screetchy tune the lead waitress sings :sick:) Red Dawn doesn't

(3) It has hand to hand fighting not just blowing stuff up, although Roadhouse does have stuff blowing up. Advantage Roadhouse.

(4) It is a buddy flick. Sam Shepherd is a cool buddy/mentor. Powers Boothe doesn't quite get there in Red Dawn.

(5) Ben Gazzarra is so easy to hate as the bad guy. Pure evil. The head Cuban in Red Dawn is sympathetic. Way to cop out Red Dawn.

(6) Kelly Lynch v. Ferris Bueller's little sister. Sorry Red Dawn.

(7) There are no monster trucks destroying Ford dealerships or people getting crushed by polar bears in Red Dawn. 'Nuff said.

Red Dawn is great, but it is no Roadhouse.

The Last Starfighter kicks both their butts.

That is the perfect 80's movie. Videgames, space wars, love interest, parties, fate of the universe and a great soundtrack. After that I say Monster Squad is runner up.

No nudity plus no hand-to-hand combat = Last Starfighter fails. Just because it came in a $5 dvd two pack with Warriors of Virtue does not make it the perfect desert island movie. PS: You owe me a PM.

red dawn is great, but still second to Roadhouse, the most perfect 80's movie ever filmed. :)

Shiver, your posts here are without fail, either funny or informative, or both. Your artwork is amazing, and I hope to own a piece one day. However, if you continue to insist that Roadhouse outstrips Red Dawn, I'll never be able to afford any of your work. Everyone knows that once the artist dies, the cost of his stuff increases exponentially.

Beau,

Matthew and kenny have obviously been listening to me for years. If you are stuck on a desert island and can only have one movie it must be Roadhouse. Why you ask?

(2) It has a sweet soundtrack (except for the screetchy tune the lead waitress sings :sick:) Red Dawn doesn't

(3) It has hand to hand fighting not just blowing stuff up, although Roadhouse does have stuff blowing up. Advantage Roadhouse.

(4) It is a buddy flick. Sam Shepherd is a cool buddy/mentor. Powers Boothe doesn't quite get there in Red Dawn.

(5) Ben Gazzarra is so easy to hate as the bad guy. Pure evil. The head Cuban in Red Dawn is sympathetic. Way to cop out Red Dawn.

(7) There are no monster trucks destroying Ford dealerships or people getting crushed by polar bears in Red Dawn. 'Nuff said.

:D

Some of my personal favorite 80s movies....

(obviously this list is taking for granted many of the most obvious movies like Vacation, First Blood, Die Hard, etc)

About Last Night

Amazon Women on the Moon

April Fools Day

Bachelor Party

Better Off Dead

Body Double

Cobra

Creepshow

Crossroads

Fletch

Fright Night

Happy Birthday to Me

Less than Zero

the Mean Season

Mischief

My Chauffeur

Night of the Living Dead

Overboard

Private School

Risky Business

Scrooged

Secret Admirer

Something Wild

the Sure Thing

Tequila Sunrise

Thief of Hearts

Valley Girl(yeah, I know, but I had a thing for Deborah Foreman)

Weekend at Bernies

Weird Science

Young Blood

Beau,

it's all so clear now.

Did this package come from a board member? :popcorn:

That was the question I was waiting to see asked, and where I thought this was going.

Pitboss/Shawn was complaining the other day as well (and rightly so) someone took a CGC book and just threw it into a soft envelope with no protection. May as well have saved the envelope and slapped the mailing label right on the case with an extra sticker that stated "PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE." :insane:

Beau,

Sean, we may like pretty much the same books, but wow does your movie taste hit rock-bottom with this post.

May as well have saved the envelope and slapped the mailing label right on the case with an extra sticker that stated "PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE." :insane:

Hasn't that actually happened before?

May as well have saved the envelope and slapped the mailing label right on the case with an extra sticker that stated "PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE." :insane:

Yes! I'd love to see that picture and how the book/case arrived.

I'd love to know which dillhole sent it like that :screwy:

Some of my personal favorite 80s movies....

(obviously this list is taking for granted many of the most obvious movies like Vacation, First Blood, Die Hard, etc)

About Last Night

Amazon Women on the Moon

April Fools Day

Bachelor Party

Better Off Dead

Body Double

Cobra

Creepshow

Crossroads

Fletch

Fright Night

Happy Birthday to Me

Less than Zero

the Mean Season

Mischief

My Chauffeur

Night of the Living Dead

Overboard

Private School

Risky Business

Scrooged

Secret Admirer

Something Wild

the Sure Thing

Tequila Sunrise

Thief of Hearts

Valley Girl(yeah, I know, but I had a thing for Deborah Foreman)

Weekend at Bernies

Weird Science

Young Blood

What about:

1) The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984)

2) Year of the Dragon (1985)

3) Johnny Handsome (1989)

I'd love to know which dillhole sent it like that :screwy:

:popcorn:

Beau,

Boobs always = ^^

Got to find both of these movies on DVD ASAP!

Why not just slap the postage and the address directly onto the comic? The post office will mail it just like any magazine. (Save on shipping materials!) (: