• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-worthy?

13 posts in this topic

I own Amazing Spiderman #298-324 solid. I bought all of them off the rack. From the day I bought them I put them in Mylars (whick cost about the same as the comic itself!). I sent the #298 and #300 to CGC and they came back. The #298 got 9.8 White and the #300 got 9.6 White.

Obviously those are the two most expensive McFarlane issues. Is it worth it to send in the #300-324? It costs $13.50 each plus shipping. I expect most the others will get 9.6-9.8 also. One or two might get 9.4 and one or two may get a 9.9.

The guide on these books range from $9-14 each. I know if I sell them raw on ebay I'll only get $5.00 each and they are worth alot more than that!

What do you think? Suggestions?

Timely

I think definitely send in 299 and 301 and you could sell them as a set.

Yes, and look the others over very carefully.

If one or three are super nice (sure bets for 9.8s and a chance at higher) then send those in too.

Compare them to your other 9.8! thumbsup2.gif

I've personally sold some ASMs in those ranges recently, and unless they are 9.6/9.8 you will be not maximizing your return if you plan on selling them. My advice: hold on to them, or send them in if you know "for sure" they are 9.8. The White pages are definitely a plus! Good luck.

I think definitely send in 299 and 301 and you could sell them as a set.

Unfortunately the #299 is a VF/NM at best. Don't know what happened to that one!?! All the rest are 9.4-9.9!

Timely

What does a #298/300 pull in at 9.4/9.6/9.8?

Several hundred each.

Timely

I've been tracking the 298...and I don't see it going for that much confused-smiley-013.gifasm 298 9.6

The #298's in 9.6 are surprisingly low. Even the 9.8s go for less than $200 on average.

The #300's go considerably higher.

excellent idea-he only needs to send in 50 books on a prescreen order, so he needs to find more books to go that route.

Isn't it 100 for modern books?

Yep...it's 100 for moderns and 50 for the other books!