• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did it come from Mile High, E-Bay or the boards?!?!?!?!?

which shipment came from which venue?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. which shipment came from which venue?

79 posts in this topic

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

ok i'm a da. i'll correct my previous post. i am polish after all.

j

A. Ebay

B. Boardie (there's a slight tip off in there, that makes me go with a boardie, despite my good experiences with MH shipping...)

C. Mile High

great, so I might be tipping off my pitches? :tonofbricks:

or am I? :whistle:

A. Ebay

B. Boardie (there's a slight tip off in there, that makes me go with a boardie, despite my good experiences with MH shipping...)

C. Mile High

great, so I might be tipping off my pitches? :tonofbricks:

or am I? :whistle:

Or it could be a cleverly placed red herring ;)

My experience with raw books on the boards has been abysmal.

I've bought off a dozen board members and had nothing but superb packing. So I'll go with the standard:

Ebay

Board member

Mile High

Your poll fails.

That's what she said.

a) E-Bay

b) Mile High

c) board

Mile High gets bashed a lot here, but I have to say that their shipping is fast, inexpensive, and the books have always been packed very securely. Some books had definitely been graded without actually opening them, but I can't knock them for their shipping.

Choice (A) is an experience I've also had a few times with E-Bay sellers but, thankfully, rarely.

(Shipment C) After removing the newspaper, I discover a couple of plastic shopping bags inside the box, that have raw books coming out of the bags

I don't think Mile High's packing process involves "grab a plastic shopping bag and stick the books in."

A) eBay

B) Mile High

C) Boardie

(Shipment C) After removing the newspaper, I discover a couple of plastic shopping bags inside the box, that have raw books coming out of the bags

I missed this in the original post, it was the caffeine high going on.

i guess i'll switch b & c. still think that a is ebay (atleast i hope so).

j

the few unfortunate times i've ordered from mile high and lone star the majority of the books were without bags and boards at all. not even two to a bag but none at all. the books i've gotten from the boards have always been shipped well, even the ones from the uk.

shipping from ebay sellers have been a joke for the most part.

j

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

I never ordered from Mile high although I will have to since they are the only ones that listed my book I need. I just placed another order with Lone Star and their packing is great. I thought I selected the bag and board option too but did not and the books still arrived in great condition.

My experience with raw books on the boards has been abysmal.

I've bought off a dozen board members and had nothing but superb packing. So I'll go with the standard:

Ebay

Board member

Mile High

I've bought off a hundred board members and get schitt packaging about 15% of the time.

Mile High has always been an excellent shipper for me. My experience with raw books on the boards has been abysmal. Only blue808 has ever shipped a raw book to me in a responsible fashion.

a = eBay

b = Mile High

c = boardie

+1