• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did it come from Mile High, E-Bay or the boards?!?!?!?!?

which shipment came from which venue?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. which shipment came from which venue?

79 posts in this topic

Here is the story of the 3 little shipments of books (not as cute and cuddly as the 3 little pigs, but what are ya gonna do, I needed some bacon to go with the eggs and the little piggys just looked too dayyuumm appetizing. :cloud9:

In the past few weeks I received a parcel of books from e-bay, an order from Mile High :o:insane: and a shipment from a boardie :headbang:

I'll describe how each shipment arrived, the condition of the books and how long it took to receive the items from the time that I paid until they arrived on my doorstep.

All 3 orders are raw books only.

(Shipment A) I am handed a 12.5" x 9.5" plain white envelope. Yes, plain envelope, not even a bubble envelope. I open the mangled envelope to find the 2 comics contained within barely clinging to life :cry: The sender of the order neglected to use any protection for the books other than the flimsy bags and boards that the comics were contained within :censored: No cardboard, no taping the two books together in a shoddy way of protecting the books, not even a :censored: 'n extra sheet of paper to help the books arrive safely :frustrated: All this comes after 2 weeks of no communication from the shipper, me having to contact the shipper to get them to ship the books and then finding out I was charged double what I paid for shipping :censored:

(Shipment B) I receive an oversized, sturdy cardboard box that amazingly enough doesn't look like the USPS used it as a replacement football during their daily pick-up game of "tackle and mangle the package football". I open the box to find layers of crumpled newspaper. I remove the paper padding to find a tight bundle of bubble wrap. I remove the thick covering of bubble wrap to discover a tight secure bundle of books. I inspect each book to verify condition and am happy that each book graded at or even above the stated grade. :applause: The books arrived 3 days after I paid :cloud9: and with the free shipping I begged the seller for :angel: I came out way ahead on the deal :luhv:

(Shipment C) I receive an oversized cardboard box that does look like it was used as the replacement football :sick: I was worried when the post man handed it to me and I could feel the books sliding around within the box. I open the box to find some newspaper, not nearly enough of it, crushed and providing no real protection for the books contained within. After removing the newspaper, I discover a couple of plastic shopping bags inside the box, that have raw books coming out of the bags :cry: The books were in bags and boards, but a majority of them did not have closed bags and boards. No tape, just the books sliding out of the bags/boards due to the lack of tape and the lack of enough packing material to keep them contained within the bags/boards. As you can imagine, the "sliders" suffered abuse, and NM moderns become toilet reading material hm The books that did have taped closed bags still suffered corner damage due to the books moving around during shipping. The books arrived 17 days after payment, but with free shipping you don't complain :makepoint:

Now comes the fun part :banana:

Which shipment came from which venue? hm

take a guess, take a nap, heck you could even take a Beckett, but know this....

The answer will be revealed.........

same bat-time, same bat-crackpipe......

or around 2pm Pacific today :popcorn:

err...the poll only allows for one vote and no specifics as to which venue shipped what..

j

I just felt like using the crack option in a useless poll :cloud9:

List which venue you think sent which package in your posts :insane:

err...the poll only allows for one vote and no specifics as to which venue shipped what..

j

I just felt like using the crack option in a useless poll :cloud9:

List which venue you think sent which package in your posts :insane:

i edited my original post because of the crack

j

Mile High has always been an excellent shipper for me. My experience with raw books on the boards has been abysmal. Only blue808 has ever shipped a raw book to me in a responsible fashion.

a = eBay

b = Mile High

c = boardie

j

with that said,

a is ebay

b is a boardie

c is mile high

Agree with the "Poll problem" and with the 3 guesses here. I would really like to think that the worst came from Ebay, the best from a fellow boardie and the in-between from mile high............

Since the poll doesn't work to answer the questions, here are my guesses.

Tight and well packed bundle: Boardie. ^^

Loosely packed, minimal effort, and ineffective packing job: Mile High (tsk)

Complete jackazzery pack job from someone who is selling comics while knowing absolutely nothing about the buying and selling of such: eBay :pullhair:

I just recently got an envelope from an eBayer and got a similar pack job. Book was raw, and in one of those three ring binder sleeves . . . y'know . . . for protection. And then stuffed directly into an envelope. Need I say more. doh!

the few unfortunate times i've ordered from mile high the majority of the books were without bags and boards at all. not even two to a bag but none at all. the books i've gotten from the boards have always been shipped well, even the ones from the uk.

shipping from ebay sellers have been a joke for the most part.

j

the few unfortunate times i've ordered from mile high and lone star the majority of the books were without bags and boards at all. not even two to a bag but none at all. the books i've gotten from the boards have always been shipped well, even the ones from the uk.

shipping from ebay sellers have been a joke for the most part.

j

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.