• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did it come from Mile High, E-Bay or the boards?!?!?!?!?

which shipment came from which venue?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. which shipment came from which venue?

79 posts in this topic

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Bags + boards DO NOT cost 25 cents/pair. Lonestar can use old bags and boards, and even if they didn't, they use enough to get a huge bulk discount, so that bags/boards only cost the BUYER 10 cents or so each.

Ridiculous "25 cents per bag and board." Just another money grubbing scam.

- The optional $0.25/comic to get comics bagged and boarded applies to comics less than $10. $10 and up are bagged and boarded automatically at no cost.

- The bags and boards used are new products, none are reused.

- Materials are not the only cost. There's also labor and shipping. The weight of one bag/board may not seem like much individually, but thousands of them add up.

$0.10 each (your estimate of the materials cost alone) is not trivial when you're selling a $1.49 comic. By offering bagging and boarding as an option, we give our customers the flexibility to choose the service/price combination that gives them what they want. More than two thirds of our repeat customers like our packing well enough that they don't choose the bagging option.

I find the bagging and boarding worth the price when I'm buying moderns so I don't have to do it myself.

If the price doesn't seem fair for the service then you can buy the bags and boards separately and do it yourself.

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Bags + boards DO NOT cost 25 cents/pair. Lonestar can use old bags and boards, and even if they didn't, they use enough to get a huge bulk discount, so that bags/boards only cost the BUYER 10 cents or so each.

- The optional $0.25/comic to get comics bagged and boarded applies to comics less than $10. $10 and up are bagged and boarded automatically at no cost.

- The bags and boards used are new products, none are reused.

- Materials are not the only cost. There's also labor and shipping. The weight of one bag/board may not seem like much individually, but thousands of them add up.

$0.10 each (your estimate of the materials cost alone) is not trivial when you're selling a $1.49 comic. By offering bagging and boarding as an option, we give our customers the flexibility to choose the service/price combination that gives them what they want. More than two thirds of our repeat customers like our packing well enough that they don't choose the bagging option.

That was a very nice answer. I would of told him he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and what the hell has he done to deserve things at wholesale? Or less than wholesale when you take into account shipping and labor costs.

Here is the answer to the mystery that was presented today

Shipment A came from an E-Bay transaction :censored:

Shipment B came from Mile High :o :o :o During Chuckie's INSANE 40% off codeword sell I took a gamble to get a bunch of run filling books on the cheap and it actually paid off :banana: I was actually surprised by the bubble wrap bundling the books because I had always heard they didn't use bubble wrap. But between 40% off and free Priority shipping, my gamble paid off. Which means I'll probably never buy thru them again....... once in a million baby, once in a million :insane:

Shipment C did indeed come from a board purchase :sorry:

:acclaim:

Shipment B came from Mile High :o :o :o During Chuckie's INSANE 40% off codeword sell I took a gamble to get a bunch of run filling books on the cheap and it actually paid off :banana: I was actually surprised by the bubble wrap bundling the books because I had always heard they didn't use bubble wrap. But between 40% off and free Priority shipping, my gamble paid off. Which means I'll probably never buy thru them again....... once in a million baby, once in a million :insane:

Were you the "board member"? hm

(worship) (worship)

Now, Master greggy, for the 500 bonus points, who is the boardie? :popcorn:

(worship) (worship)

carcrawfordfan :whistle:

(worship) (worship)

carcrawfordfan :whistle:

^^ ^^ chicken dinner

(worship) (worship)

the romance comics are on their way to you :sick:

Did I really deserve this?..and for the record I take full responsibility for it. I have never really shipped that many books before (55-60) and was going to use a flat rate box, but I didn't want it to damge the books (irony of all ironies). I got a large box and packed it up with newspaper. I obviously didn't do it well enough and ,of course, the USPS played football with it. I still feel bad about it and I do/did apologize. We reached an agreement on a refund and it was handled. I am very sorry and I tried to make it right. I am not perfect and now I know to throw even more packing in with my box and seal it up better for future larger orders. I can and will make mistakes and all I can really do is try fix them and make amends. Sorry again.

Well, someone has to assemble the bag and boards so there are other cost associated with it. Some of the issues may be in old bag and boards which one I ordered was but if you pay then they will rebag and board. Two LCS I go to both charge .25¢ per as well. So no, when you are paying under x amount for a comic, I don't mind getting charged for the extra.