• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES: More Fun #56 CGC 8.0 O/W - SCARCE - CLOSED

103 posts in this topic

such a great book. why is it still available??? or is it just everyone wants pre-robin Bat Cover tecs?? sheeesh

The cracked case is scaring everybody away.

Only $38 to replace it......

I suspect it's the fear of having to send it CGC now since they are so backlogged.

It will be labor day before they get it back.

Then there is the expense of insurance both ways, and the risk of damage (FF 65). :eek:

such a great book. why is it still available??? or is it just everyone wants pre-robin Bat Cover tecs?? sheeesh

I suspect it's the fear of having to send it CGC now since they are so backlogged.

It will be labor day before they get it back.

Then there is the expense of insurance both ways, and the risk of damage (FF 65). :eek:

Reholdering service is 10 business days and on-time. (shrug)

Wow, a buyer can report a sale if he is an authorized GPA dealer. Who knew?

I will now eat crow...sorry Mark.

Fascinating. What an excellent way to protect one's bottom... line. hm

I don't see what the issue is with reporting a purchase rather than a sale. The entire purpose of GPA is to provide as much information to a potential seller/buyer in the future about prior sales transactions. I report data to GPA on sales I make that enabled me to earn a profit as well as where I took a loss. And I also report purchases.

Why would anyone want GPA to merely obtain selected sales data when only the seller deems it important enough to relay? (shrug)

My permission is granted to have this discussion in my sales thread. :slapfight: (only because I love these little guys, otherwise :popcorn: )

CGC raised it from $11 to $38 to reholder? :o

Shipping both ways can add up.

I think with shipping and insurance.... not the holder alone

I don't see what the issue is with reporting a purchase rather than a sale. The entire purpose of GPA is to provide as much information to a potential seller/buyer in the future about prior sales transactions. I report data to GPA on sales I make that enabled me to earn a profit as well as where I took a loss. And I also report purchases.

Why would anyone want GPA to merely obtain selected sales data when only the seller deems it important enough to relay? (shrug)

My permission is granted to have this discussion in my sales thread. :slapfight: (only because I love these little guys, otherwise :popcorn: )

Do you report all the books you buy or only just selected ones that would help the bottom line out?

No one would (which has been discussed at length as being an issue with the reporting of private sales). Especially considering it would give the seller the power to protect thier livelihood by only reporting inflated sales. It's no different if the buyer reports the purchase. They have the power to protect thier investment by reporting only inflated purchases while eliminating bargains that could be harmfull to future sales.

It makes no sense for a dealer to report purchases. In a perfect world a dealer is buying much lower then what the book can actually sell for. Dealers that aslo consider themselves collectors should not be allowed to report IMO.

Yes auctions can be manipulated, but I don't like the idea of sales being reported that are anything other than from public auction format. I don't believe any dealer will report all sales. Reporting purchases would be even more selective.

I agree with Mike. I would be a fool to report purchases.

Mark's purchase was for his COLLECTION. However, as a collector, he shouldn't be reporting the sale, Bedrock should. As a dealer, Mark should be reporting the sales he makes in his capacity as a dealer.

If Mark purchased a book privately cheaply, I can guarantee he wouldn't be reporting that purchase to GPA, because would influence the sales price.

Brent

I agree with Mike. I would be a fool to report purchases.

Mark's purchase was for his COLLECTION. However, as a collector, he shouldn't be reporting the sale, Bedrock should. As a dealer, Mark should be reporting the sales he makes in his capacity as a dealer.

If Mark purchased a book privately cheaply, I can guarantee he wouldn't be reporting that purchase to GPA, because would influence the sales price.

Brent

I agree with Mr. Miles as well. I have never given any thought to only reporting auction format sales, but that would be the truest form of data collection. Sure, it can be manipulated, what can't? But it certainly diminishes the "personal interest" factor of the equation.

I also agree that collectors should not be reporting sales. Those sales are typically more emotional and emotion (or rationalization) can certainly play into the decision making on what to report or not report. We have already witnessed one sale where it would not have been reported because it was a "special" deal.

The thing is, the people I would trust i trust. But those people that I do trust still have no business reporting that info.

The people that I dont trust, well, they sure as hell dont need to report either.

The ability for monkey business and shenanigans is just too great

The thing is, the people I would trust i trust. But those people that I do trust still have no business reporting that info.

The people that I dont trust, well, they sure as hell dont need to report either.

(thumbs u

Thank you for saving me from having to type this. And I am very much against dealers submitting data, and the comic connect auction.

Would you like to expound on this premise?

Be specific, please. :popcorn:

Thank you for saving me from having to type this. And I am very much against dealers submitting data, and the comic connect auction.

And who then would you have submitting data? :popcorn: